PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie went to church!!

Stephanie Kay
10-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi girls,

I just got home from one of the most satisfying experiences I have ever had as Stephanie. I went to church! I have been looking for a public place where people could meet me and get to know me only as Stephanie. My friends Richard and Alice told me about the Unitarian-Universalist Church they attend in Madison. They told me that the minister and congregation is very accepting of diversity and the minister had just gotten done teaching a couple classes last spring about gender diversity (TS, TG, CD, etc.). They invited me to come to the service this morning. I agreed.

At the start of the service the minister asked any one who was new there to introduce themselves. So I took a deep breath, stood up and said, "Hi! My name is Stephanie and I am a transgendered person. I have never been to church this way before and am a little nervous. I am looking forward to meeting you." The people all smiled at me and welcomed me wholeheartedly! I sat down and felt a warm wave of love sweep over me!!!

After the service many of the people came up and personally welcomed me and said that they hoped I would come back. I spoke with the minister and he actually thanked me and said that he was honored to have me and give his congregation the opportunity to meet me. He invited and encouraged me to return anytime!!

Before I left I had a few pictures taken: with my friends Alice and Richard; with the minister; and with a lovely TS woman who came right up to me and struck up a very pleasant conversation. I intend to go back.

I also include below a picture of myself right after I got home. I think I look very, very happy. Don't you?

Love,
Stephanie

debbeelee1
10-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Wow, congrats Stephanie! You did well! Ya just never know!

vivianann
10-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Congrats Stephanie, you look very happy, and you look very much like a woman in your pics.

Denise01
10-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Coongratulations Stephenie. So pleased and happy that you enjoyed.

You looked so much like a Lady, that any one would find it impossible to think of you any way except as the lady that you are.

I too had the privellage a couple of years ago of going to church as a lady as well.

Was visiting friends in the Boston area, and we all went to the same denomination that you went to. We were very well accepted by the minister and the whole congregation, and welcomed to come back at any time as well

Denise

Angie G
10-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Well congrats on you great find hun. And you do look very happy.:hugs:
Angie

Jilmac
10-19-2008, 11:47 PM
Stephanie you lucky girl, I'm so envious of you. I'm also glad that you were so welcomed by the congregation. There is a UU church in Brookfield that I have considered attending, I have heard from some of the girls in Milwaukee, that it too is very diverse and will welcome all comers to their worshipping community. Perhaps some day we can share the experience together.

Jonianne
10-19-2008, 11:52 PM
You do look very Happy! Wow, what a wonderful time. Looks like you might have found yourself a church home.

Gisele
10-20-2008, 06:33 AM
That is such wonderful news!:hugs:

That must be so nice to be accepted into a church like that.

MAJESTYK
10-20-2008, 07:08 AM
Congratulations! I'm glad it turned out well.

Farrah
10-20-2008, 07:17 AM
I've always dreamed of going to church dressed. However, where I live, thats probably not going to happen.

kimberly ann487
10-20-2008, 02:33 PM
What a lovely story, see God does love all of us. Tell us more about your experiences in the future.
KIM