PDA

View Full Version : I only buy female items from female shop assistants...Do you?

heathr1
05-30-2005, 02:03 PM
Also, I find it easier buying when the shop/s are quieter.

Rayna
05-30-2005, 02:14 PM

I dunno, i usually buy from guys.. I figure they have NO clue how female sizing works, and they couldn't fathom a guess as to whether it's for me or my wife.

Lindahexi
05-30-2005, 02:31 PM
I usually buy from female assistants, but occasionally I've been served by a guy; I feel more at ease with the females though.

heathr1
05-30-2005, 02:35 PM
I tend to make sure there are no other male customers queuing up at the till with me.

I have no problem waiting in a queue with several women behind me seeing what I'm buying.

Brenda Elizabeth
05-30-2005, 02:41 PM
It all depends upon what I am buying femalewise, if it is accessories, then I don't mind male or female, If however it is clothing, then I like to try it on first and then only would be wished to be served by a female.

Brenda XXX

veronica
05-30-2005, 03:19 PM
I agree with heathr 100% :p

Jen_TGCD
05-30-2005, 04:14 PM
:confused: I'm just a little curious...

How many men have you come across working in Women's Wear in a large department store or, especially, in the smaller, specialty shops???

The only time, for me, was at Beall's... where they had a central checkout island and some guy came out of nowhere to ring up my purchases. Actually, he was pretty cool about it, too!!! Friendly... no weird looks! :thumbsup:

Nope! Never seen a guy working in a women's shop!

Addendum: If I'm at Target or Ross... I just pick the shortest line! :rolleyes:

Rachel Ann
05-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Around here, shop assistants are an endangered species. You only find them in upscale stores any more. I have never seen a male shop assistant in a ladies' department.

I have always been treated very nicely, except sometimes by GG shoppers. But then, this is one of the most T-friendly places in the world. :)

Cashiers tend to be zombies who barely see you or notice what you are buying.

Wendy me
05-30-2005, 04:24 PM
hell i buy what i want and i don't care who rings it up male or female.....even the easter bunny..... shopping is shopping....by the time you find what you are looking for
getting hung up on who rings it up is silly.....

MonaSmith
05-30-2005, 04:42 PM
I couldn't care less who serves me or who is in the queue with me, If I want to buy something I just buy it. Why worry about it?

I always shop for make-up in the same shop, (Boots) and I always talk to one of the women behind the make-up counter and one of the check out girls, they both realise that I am buying for myself and have been very nice to me, the check out girl gave me a 'male groomiing' voucher on Saturday, as I had spent over a certain amount that day, and said that she was sorry that they weren't giving out vouchers for 'female grooming'.

These people want your money, you want their products, there should be no problems.

Love Mona xx.

veronica
05-30-2005, 04:59 PM
very little sales help on the sales floor in dept. stores 'round here. but many at the registers!!!!!!! =)

xam
05-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Heather, I felt the same way.

Kimberly
05-30-2005, 07:21 PM
I don't care who serves me, just give me the god damn pink micro mini skirt, and stop looking me up and down!!!

lol.... nah, I've never had any problems. Mainly because I go in, make a rash decision, and sneak the item up to the cashier people and try not to look so nervous :p

Once I thought a male shop assistant, (packing my bag, not serving me,) double-taked at the contents.... two male t shirts, and a white strapless top. heh... "hang on..." he must have thought, but I didn't get any coments.

And off-peak shopping hours are essential!

Kimberly
05-30-2005, 07:23 PM
I promise you, Jen, and everyone, that in my years of random work placements, forseeable throughout my university/drama college years, that I will work in at least one female shop. Hopefully they'll give me a discount!! :D

At least then, I could just say, "yeh, to heck with it, I'm a CD" and then I could just get clothes I wanted!

ronna
05-30-2005, 08:34 PM
Ooh, not me, I couldn't possibly face a male salesperson!
The women give me funny enough looks but at least I can look back at them

Katrina
05-30-2005, 08:52 PM
I'd say that the majority of the sales people I have seen in stores were female...they just tend to have the females in the womens departments. I did shop at a women's shoe store that had a male checkout person, but he didn't give me a strange look at all...which surprised me, but I'm not sure why. I do prefer making a purchase in front of an older woman, but I would still take a young woman over any guy. I'm not sure why. I also prefer only to have women around me in line.

Stretch Lace Panties
05-30-2005, 08:54 PM
the shops i use are all female staffed and have never even batted a eyelid when i ask to try on bras or panties and paying is always with a smile.
I'm dressed in male clothes when im there and tell them its for me to begin with.

Jadeanne
05-30-2005, 10:07 PM
hell i buy what i want and i don't care who rings it up male or female.....even the easter bunny..... shopping is shopping....by the time you find what you are looking for
getting hung up on who rings it up is silly.....

Wendy,

I agree with you 100%. I've been shopping for myself for the last 3 years, buying lingerie for my wife for over 27 years, and makeup and stockings for late mother when I was very small (fancy seamed support stockings were $1 then).

I only remember one salesperson ever giving me any hassle, and that was in a Lord and Taylor a couple of years ago when I was looking at bra and panty sets for a 25th anniversary gift for my wife. She was trying to sell me a $75 black nightgown instead.

I didn't buy anything from ther, instead going to a (now closed) Burlington Coat store and bought her a matching satin gown/robe set, and 2 bra and panty sets for less than half the price the previous place wanted for the nightgown.

As for being checked out by the Easter Bunny, one day long ago at a discount store, 2 of the checkout clerks had bright pastel hair, a GG had florescent pink hair and the male clerk at the next checkout had florescent baby blue hair. Mr. baby blue checked out my purchases.

Jadeanne

Stormgirl
05-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Which shops are you lasses going to? I mean I must have horrible luck cos alll of them give me mean stares and such.No smiles,no nothing.In the end,with their negative attitude they are just losing money.

sheiligh
05-31-2005, 07:29 AM
it really does not matter to me who waits on me when i buy any thing just so they are helpful and knowledgable is what i like and most are really dont have any problems luv sheiligh

Lindahexi
05-31-2005, 01:20 PM
:confused: I'm just a little curious...

How many men have you come across working in Women's Wear in a large department store or, especially, in the smaller, specialty shops???

The only time, for me, was at Beall's... where they had a central checkout island and some guy came out of nowhere to ring up my purchases. Actually, he was pretty cool about it, too!!! Friendly... no weird looks! :thumbsup:

Addendum: If I'm at Target or Ross... I just pick the shortest line! :rolleyes:

Jen, where I live almost all supermarkets and out-of-town stores have some male assistants, even some male checkout guys, I think they have to offer equal employment opportunity to both genders. Anyway, I have been served by guys in Asda (walmart in USA), Tesco, Sainsbury etc. I've bought everything from panties to dresses and guys seem to be ok with it, but I still feel easier with females, don't know why really.