PDA

View Full Version : Who was out at PetSmart in Largo, FL today?

KristiMartin
10-19-2008, 10:56 PM
My wife and I went to PetSmart in Largo, FL today to get some cat food. While there, We saw a remarkable woman in a cute black and pink top and denim skirt. I had to do a double-take before I realized that she was a fellow "sister" and I pointed her out to my wife who had to do a double-take as well.

It was nice to see one of us out in public, confidence showing, and just out to have a good time shopping during some beautiful weather. Especially since it has been so long since I myself have ventured out.

I wish I'd thought to say hi to her, my wife told me I should have too, but I did manage to give her a sincere smile that I thought she took well. I just didn't know what to say without possibly sounding like a weirdo.:straightface:

If you're reading this, I just wanted to say that you made mine and my wife's day just by be being out enfemme and having the courage to be yourself.:D

Kristi

debbeelee1
10-20-2008, 02:33 PM
It wasn't me, but Largo is a really nice place. The few times I thought I saw a CD out I never said a word because what if it was really a GG? I'd probably get slapped!

Nicole Erin
10-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Come on now sisters, do we not speak the same language?
If you notice a girl out and want to greet or maybe befriend, it isn't that difficult.

I would have just sorta crossed paths and found some excuse to ask a question or make casual conversation. If she responded, at some point maybe say "I am too but I guess you are family?" Most GLBT know what that means. If the person doesn't know, just make some lame excuse like "Oh I am sorry, I thought you were my brother's fiancée, I saw her once but we never really talked..."

I guess these things are easy for me cause even in drab, people can spot me as being CD a mile away.