PDA

View Full Version : my dad's ring ...

Wendy me
10-20-2008, 07:08 AM
my dad's ring ..... what the hell could that have to do with dressing in women's clothing gender and the like ??????? well let's start here ..... my dad passed away a short while ago .... i knew it was coming he had his share of things wrong with him .... i took the lead in tackling care of him and fighting for was right for him .............

dad taught me a lot about who he was and more so about who i am.... he stood up for what was right and never backed down .... trust and respect ruled his way of life.....

no i don't believe he knew about me ... even though he would call me his daughter the hair down to my but and nails amungst other things ..... this was his way of saying get a hair cut ..... lol .....

he consumed my time every day was a change until the day he passed.... something i would do over again in a heart beat........oh the ring .... dad did not leave anything to speak of he had almost nothing .... i did not cry when he passed never a tear silly to say i could almost hear him say don't be a wimp suck it up and be a man.....so i did..... his ring was given to me after he passed as he donated his body to the med center...

it has sat in a envelope sealed until last week ..... i opened it and put it on ... i can't explain what made me do it and it's even more so harder to explain how i feel .... i don't wear it all the time some times only for a short while ......

i don't feel more fem i don't feel more like dressing up i feel something more than words can explain i feel that standing up for who i am and i get royally upset when i believe i have let things get out of control ...... i feel connected to me and that brothers and sisters is truly awesome ......... now it's not super powers are in the ring we all know that ....... what it is i believe is by wearing it i give myself permission to stand with who i am and not be fearful of what any one has to say and be damed for what you think of me i am a person ..... i am me ..... look the hell out i am not fearing any thing or any one ......

not too long ago my wife who knows ab ought my little interesting part of me outed me to my brother his wife and a Friend of mine...... well i have made my mined up she can accept or not this part of me .... but come the time now for her to show some respect .....and i am not talking about dressing 24/7 .... hell i am me 24/7 clothing dressing up make up and what ever dose not make the person.......

i am me how frickin cool is that?????.....no labels no tags .... i don't need to fit in any were... i fit in right here in that space between my ears..... i belong to me............

i still like to wear something cute and love the dressing might all our dressing be it MTF or FTM .... be a cover we give to say yes look right now i am dressed as a ....... so yes that's who i am.........

lol look out as a new chapter unfolds i still like the name Wendy and feel more alive as her ...... but hell were going to drag "HIM" along for the ride of his life.....................

GypsyKaren
10-20-2008, 07:28 AM
Wendy, sometimes we need something, a symbol, to remind us who we are and what's inside us, and to remember where we've been, so you hang on to that ring and wear it proudly.:hugs:

Karen Starlene :star:

Di
10-20-2008, 07:29 AM
i am me how frickin cool is that?????.....no labels no tags .... i don't need to fit in any were... i fit in right here in that space between my ears..... i belong to me............

THATS DAM FRICKIN COOL. :love: and I am durn proud to count you as a friend:hugs:
As the new chapter unfolds we are right along with you on the ride of your life:hugs:

Wear it proud

Chari
10-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Wendy,
My condolences to you on the passing of your Dad. It is always good to have a keepsake from a special person that was in our life. You have it right in your statement "don't need to fit in anywhere - because that is who you are". Always be comfortable in who you are and what you wear, regardless of the outer packaging!

Angie G
10-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Great storie Wendy you dad sounds like he was some man. I think he did a good job bringing you up you must miss him. Be proud of him and youself hun.:hugs:
Angie

Tomara
10-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Hi Wendy
I am sorry for the loss of your dad , from what you wrote I am sure he was proud of you and appreciated all that you did for him .
It sounds like you have become more accepting of yourself and who you are as a person , and that is great !
It is too bad that your wife decided it was her duty to out you to family and friends , but as strong of a person as you are I am sure you can put that behind you and move forward .
It looks like the Red Sox probably let you down too !
:hugs: Tomara

Sandra
10-20-2008, 08:11 AM
i am me how frickin cool is that?????.....no labels no tags
I guess you've always been you, this has just reniforced it for you, wear that ring with pride, and enjoy the next chapter. :hugs:

Daintre
10-20-2008, 08:22 AM
Wendy, that was so revealing, and an awesome post. I did what you did and was my mother's caregiver, and when she was finally in a seniors home, I was there daily to care for her.

I am so pleased that you are allowing Wendy to be the lead with "him" tagging along. This finally thinking you deserve some respect is long overdue. Maybe the ring does have super powers, it has allowed you to say, I am ME, you can take me or not, the choice is yours.

Carin
10-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Welcome Home Wendy.

Enjoy your Self.

Dragster
10-20-2008, 05:45 PM
Like you Wendy, I inherited a gold ring from my dad, well my father in law really, but he was like a dad to me for the 15 years he lived after my own dad died. Neither I nor my dad wore a ring, but my father in law always did. Several years after he died, my mother in law offered it to me, and I too felt really special. It felt a little peculiar at first, because I wasn't used to it, and I didn't get the chance to. I put the ring down in the kitchen one day, while I did an oil change on the car, and forgot to put it on again after. When I looked for it the day after, it was not where I left it. We then assumed my mother in law had probably collected it up with potato peelings the day before, and put it in the bin; two hours before the rubbish was collected!! She's got macular degeneration, and can't read or see anything except with peripheral vision. We didn't tell her and she hasn't noticed it's missing; poor vision and dementia do have their advantages sometimes!

Tony

Marvina Martian
10-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Very good for you WENDY! I tend to love positive talk and positive thoughts as it just makes not only you but others around you feel good. Go take life by the reins and live life to the fullest! :kiss::hugs:

Wendy me
10-20-2008, 06:50 PM
you know things happen for a reason .... and people see things the way they believe things are ........ when you can believe that your doing what needs doing and your doing it the best way you can .... a feeling comes inside and you know your right ......

after all who is to say how we complete who we are????? and if happiness is what we seek doing what makes you happy for the right reason ... gives you pure of heart... and fear that your wrong dose not matter............and the dressing and clothes just are a bonus....... what ever the wrapping on the outside if the inside is not at peace what good is the end?????............

i believe that a test of who we are happens often ....... if we fail then we are only failing who we are...........as i stand here i am sure that i will not lie to who i am ..... this is me ......

charlie
10-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Hello Wendy!
My Dad passed away one year ago almost to the day. I too was stalwart and did not cry as he slowly succumbed to cancer. Awhile from now though you might. The memories move forward and often. There isn't a day that goes by that I do not think about him. His stories, his teaching, things that interested him or things I want to tell him. It goes on and on. The thoughts now are more happy then sad....yet memories all the same. I did a bit better then a ring. My father left me his cherished 1972 Jaguar XKE. I sit in it and think of my Dad. Same as you putting on your ring.