PDA

View Full Version : Thank god for Halloween

Stefanie_in_Mt
10-20-2008, 08:18 AM
The last couple of weeks have been amazing for me. A club me and my so belong to had what they call switch night this last Saturday. Well we decided to go shopping last weekend for a dress, I told my SO that I wanted to totally dress for the party. and she said OK
After we picked out a really nice evening gown, I was picking out panties and a garter, she came walking over to me with a slip and held it up to me and said you will need this for the dress. I played it cool but on the inside I was doing back flips. For me being in the closet this shopping spree was really fantastic.
The Day of the party She told me lets dress here at the house then drive to the club, some 80 miles. I was totally dressed by 10:00 am that morning, I sat right there in front of her and did my nails, then she helped do my make-up and styled my wig. I was in total Heaven.
We went to the party and had a great time, no one there knows that I'm a X dresser, now hopefully I can ever so slowly get the SO to be accepting to my dressing. I know it will take a long time but it"s worth a try I think

docrobbysherry
10-20-2008, 10:08 AM
R u going to dress up again on Halloween? Same outfit, or a different one?:)

debbeelee1
10-20-2008, 02:15 PM
Maybe we can get them to change Halloween to the last day of every month!

Kayla_CD
10-20-2008, 03:59 PM
You're getting two Halloweens?!?!

So jealous!

Stefanie_in_Mt
10-21-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm hopeing to go out again on Halloween, It kinda has to be the SO'S idea but I'll be nudging her that way, and now I have three outfits in our closet that she knows about. Of course I have more that she doesn't know about.
I made some coments the other night hoping to plant a seed in her mind, like ( wow these clothes are pretty comfee, I kinda like them ) I hope she get the hint.

battybattybats
10-21-2008, 08:38 AM
I try not to be too pedantic but God is not the one to thank for Halloween as, just like Easter and Christmas it's a pagan holiday taken up by Christianity.

Major Christian events got shunted round the calender to fit in with existing celebrations, huge amounts of traditional practices belong to the pagan religions etc.

Christmas Trees, presents and Yule Logs at christmas. Bunny-rabbits, hot cross buns (used to be crossed horns not a crucifix in those buns!) and painted eggs at Easter (even the name is Pagan. It's the celebration of the Fertility Goddess Eostre for whom the hormone Eostrogen was named!).. all pagan.

Halloween is a combination of pre-christian traditions from several parts of Europe and Britain combined together mainly in America. The carved pumpkins used to be turnip-lanterns (a Dutch tradition iirc), the date originally comes from the pagan Irish festival where the spirits of the dead would return to visit the living so food was left out for them and lots more besides.

Pagan religious days should be treated with as much respect as Abrahamic religions days. So enjoy the day but be respectful of those religions from which the day comes. :)

Angel.Marie76
10-21-2008, 09:55 AM
The last couple of weeks have been amazing for me. A club me and my so belong to had what they call switch night this last Saturday. Well we decided to go shopping last weekend for a dress, I told my SO that I wanted to totally dress for the party. and she said OK

There's a local club out where I am that is generally open minded place (Gay nights, 80s, goth, you name it) and they have a 'Bois will be Grrls' night once a year that I've always avoided because I was afraid of the reactions if I went dressed.. depending on how Hallow's goes for me.. I may line that event up as well.. Glad to hear you had a great time!

Angel.Marie76
10-21-2008, 09:57 AM
I try not to be too pedantic but God is not the one to thank for Halloween as, just like Easter and Christmas it's a pagan holiday taken up by Christianity.
<...>
Halloween is a combination of pre-christian traditions from several parts of Europe and Britain combined together mainly in America. The carved pumpkins used to be turnip-lanterns (a Dutch tradition iirc), the date originally comes from the pagan Irish festival where the spirits of the dead would return to visit the living so food was left out for them and lots more besides.

Pagan religious days should be treated with as much respect as Abrahamic religions days. So enjoy the day but be respectful of those religions from which the day comes. :)

Hear Hear! Blessed be to those that care as well!

docrobbysherry
10-21-2008, 10:46 AM

Major Christian events got shunted round the calender to fit in with existing celebrations, huge amounts of traditional practices belong to the pagan religions etc.

Christmas Trees, presents and Yule Logs at christmas. Bunny-rabbits, hot cross buns (used to be crossed horns not a crucifix in those buns!) and painted eggs at Easter (even the name is Pagan. It's the celebration of the Fertility Goddess Eostre for whom the hormone Eostrogen was named!).. all pagan.

For the reminder that so many of our celebratory traditions predate Christianity!
Our neighbors to the South, ( of the USA), and much of the world, don't celebrate Halloween.
It's All Saints Day, or All Hallows Eve! Which have little, or nothing, to do with "trick or treating", or sexy female costumes! Thank goodness we lucky CDs live in a more "enlightened" country!:devil:

DeeDeeB
10-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Wow. You can start dressing whenever you want and tell her it's all her fault for getting you started! :heehee:

Dee :fairy1:

Tina B.
10-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Did your own nails, and I assume you wore heels, driving 80 miles, and walking around all night, what part of your cross dressing do you think she hasn't figured out yet?
And yes be careful who you thank for Halloween, or All halo's Eve, it is the eve Of all saints day, and was celebrated in medieval england as a protest to the Catholic Church, dressing as demons and parading around the city the night before the churches big holiday, it's the reason many churches still discourage their members from celebrating Halloween.
Tina
Give the devil is due! :devil:

KandisTX
10-21-2008, 04:27 PM

Blessed Be sister ;)

battybattybats
10-22-2008, 01:25 AM
For the reminder that so many of our celebratory traditions predate Christianity!
Our neighbors to the South, ( of the USA), and much of the world, don't celebrate Halloween.
It's All Saints Day, or All Hallows Eve! Which have little, or nothing, to do with "trick or treating", or sexy female costumes! Thank goodness we lucky CDs live in a more "enlightened" country!:devil:

Central and Southern America have the Day of the Dead and related traditions. In Europe there are still some remnants of Walpurgisnacht that are celebrated. And of course there's Venices Carnivale, the day when it's said sins don't count and the city revelled in partying and debauchery in costume (yep, often crossdressing) to conceal their identities.

All of which contributed to some degree to the American tradition of Halloween when the traditions of many cultures combined together, influencing each other.

Delila
10-22-2008, 01:36 AM
I have to say I am loving the pagan feel around this thread today. :)

Stefanie_in_Mt
10-22-2008, 08:27 AM
I don't have any High heels yet. But my SO told me we should be able to find some before next year. I can't wait. It should be interesting

Angel.Marie76
10-22-2008, 09:12 AM
C'mon, Angel Marie, do all the CDs in the area a favour by getting down there and suggesting the club makes it once-a-month. Then it can evolve to once a week, like my local club does. The world's your shellfish! You are not alone!

Katie B

You know.. they already have their weekly 'Goth' night that myself and many of my friends attend, and several people CD (not necessarily people I know) for that weekly event anyway, though I will likely wait for the courage to go on that particular night (or the Hallow's Eve party soon) to show up dressed and pushing such a night.

My only concern about 'in the area' events is simply being outted too soon. Going CD to a CD/TG night is one thing, but having lots of people you know go to that same club and then going to a weekly night?? Um, I don't think I'm ready for that /yet/..

carolinebrookes
10-22-2008, 10:05 AM
And yes be careful who you thank for Halloween, or All halo's Eve, it is the eve Of all saints day, and was celebrated in medieval england as a protest to the Catholic Church, dressing as demons and parading around the city the night before the churches big holiday, it's the reason many churches still discourage their members from celebrating Halloween.
Tina
Give the devil is due! :devil:

It's very true Tina. A small village here in Scotland has it's religious congregations up in arms about 2 small window displays of Halloween items. They say that the shops are encouraging youngsters to turn to the occult by doing so!
Makes me wonder what they'd make of crossdressers in their midst!