PDA

View Full Version : Strange things happen every day

Toni_Lynn
10-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Yet another chapter in the CDers guidebook to let you know that people are less observant than you think!

I've come to the realisation over the past few years that we as CDers tend to try far to hard to pass. Yesterday proved me right yet again.

My wife and I ran away from home for the weekend, and as we were driving back we stopped at a busy convenience store to get lunch. (Sheetz -- best burgerz in the USA!) First priority was potty break. Ladies and gents are next to each other. So here I am, hair in a braided poni-tail just below my collar, red t-shirt, unpadded bra, jeans and tennies, no makeup, my bag (a knit purse) over my shoulder. More boy-mode than girl-mode. And so my wife, who's hand I was holding, goes into the ladies. I stride into the men's just as woman mopping the floor looks over at me and says, 'miss, that's the mens' restroom - the ladies' is over here.'

For obvious reasons, I did not comply, (maybe next time), but my wife was giggling when we met up again.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Tomara
10-20-2008, 10:23 AM
And of course if you continued to hold your wifes hand and walk into the ladies rest room that probably would have gotten you a completely different and unkind comment .
I guess the attendant was just trying to be helpful !
Good luck the next time !
Tomara

Marjory
10-20-2008, 12:46 PM
I think you're right about being noticed. Up close and personal contact as with an SA odds are you'll be read, just walking around or traveling most people just aren't paying attention.
The only people who may notice are probably other CDs. In the late eighties and early nineties I would go out much as you were dressed and was very rarely noticed. Very few GGs get overdressed to go to the mall.

Marjory