PDA

View Full Version : I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival en femme

Sometimes Steffi
10-20-2008, 07:17 PM
This weekend, I went to the Maryland Renaissance Festival and I rented a wench costume.

The Wench Costume – A linen skirt which comes in various colors [mine was peachy/pink] and ties with a drawstring around the waist, a white chemise, and a tapestry waist cincher [an assistant ties it up for you]. Think “Saint Pauly Girl”.

http://www.rennfest.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5&Itemid=10

I wore padded panties, a bra with "bazooms" over a nude tank camisole to conceil my chest hair, and a short wig with a head scarf. I wore a couple of bracelets, but no make-up. I carried an across-the-chest purse with my belongings in it.

There were a few other men in skirts. Two of whom were with their girl friends who "forced" them into it. Nice cover story.

I was made by a lot of women, most of whom just smiled, but some of whom came me a big thumbs up or a "you look swell". [She was British]. If they were really nice, I'd give them a courtsy.

Very few men even acknowledged me. I'm not really sure if they were too self absorbed to notice me, if they were looking a little lower (o-o), or if they were afraid to confront their manhood. What do you think?

Babette
10-20-2008, 07:40 PM
Very few men even acknowledged me. I'm not really sure if they were too self absorbed to notice me, if they were looking a little lower (o-o), or if they were afraid to confront their manhood. What do you think?

Steffi,

I don't really know what to think. If a thousand men passed you with the apparent same reaction, there might be a thousand variables to explain them individually. Some people are not into eye contact with anyone. Others might have a problem with you. Still yet, other may be at a loss for words and prefer to not talk with any stranger. I could go on and on with possible reasons but they would only be guesses. I would just chalk it up as one more facet for human eccentricity.

Babette

debbeelee1
10-20-2008, 07:47 PM
Sounds like you had a fantastic time and that's all that matters! You go girl! Where are the pics?

Katrina
10-20-2008, 08:02 PM
That's great! One of these years I'll actually go to the Ren Fest. I'm only 20 minutes away - 2 hours with Ren Fest traffic though.

Carla
10-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Oh darn,
I forgot about it! I could have gone too.

OK, let's stick together (MD girls) and make a pact to go together. It's really a fun time and food is good too.

Sometimes Steffi
10-22-2008, 11:35 PM
Sorry, there are no pics. It may be hard to believe, but my only camera is a Minolta XG-9 semi-automatic film type. I was going to borrow my daughter's digital camera, but I was afraid I migh not erase all the pictures that I took. But look at the link, and imagine that the skirt was peachy/pink, and without the flowers in my hair.

I would love meet up with a group of CDs at the Renn Fest. Since the season is over, maybe next year.

As the woman who helped me get dressed said, "We don't limit your possibilities at the Renaissance Festival"

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-22-2008, 11:51 PM
One of these seasons I just may travel up there to attend their festival. I've heard nothing but great things from there. We'll all just have to hook up and have some fun!

*hugs*

Zara

Angie G
10-23-2008, 12:12 AM
I think those men may have been jealous they won't in a skirt hun.I know you enjoyed it anyway :hugs:
Angie

KandisTX
10-23-2008, 09:32 AM
One of these seasons I just may travel up there to attend their festival. I've heard nothing but great things from there. We'll all just have to hook up and have some fun!

*hugs*

Zara

Can you say Texas Road Trip sister????

Kandis:love::rose2:

pamela_a
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM
I love going to festival here in Mn. Although I've never been able to go fem it does give me a chance to wear my kilt. I hope someday to be able to attend as a Countess.

-Paula-

Teri Jean
10-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Steffi, we have an renaissance festival here in Minnesota and this halloween I'm dressing as a wench. I have another opening to dress and have fun. In the past when I have been to ours it is sensory overload and after awhile your brain can go mushy. Take the compliments and try harder to develope your image, asuming you are going again. Thanks for you post. Hugs :-) Keli

Rachel Welsley
10-28-2008, 09:31 PM
Can you say Texas Road Trip sister????

Kandis:love::rose2:
Can you TX gals swing by Wichita & pick up a KS rennie??