PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie is going in the closet for awhile!

sissystephanie
10-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I am sad to report that Stephanie will be going deep into the closet in about two days. I wil be going into the hospital on Oct. 9th to have the ball of my right shoulder joint replaced and the rotator cuff repaired. I will be in the hospital for 3 days (barring anything unforeseen) and when I come home my daughter and sister-in-law are moving in with me to make sure I am taken care of. I think most of you know that I am a widower and live alone. My daughter knows I am a CD, but has never seen me fully dressed. My sister-in-law does not know!

So everything is going into storage, until I am on my own again and can use my right arm properly. I know I will be wearing a sling for about 3 months, or longer!

Love to all my "sisters,"

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath

Holly
10-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Sorry to hear about the surgery, Stephanie. Let's hope the recovery is swift and complete. In the meantine, enjoy the attention that is sure to be lavished upon you by your daughter and sister-in-law! :)

Tracii G
10-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Good luck with the surgery hope to see you back on here soon.:hugs:

NatalieBliss
10-06-2008, 01:48 AM
I hope all works out as planned. Here's to a speedy recovery :drink:

CindyT
10-06-2008, 02:03 AM
I am going in for surgery myself, need to have my gall bladder removed due to gall stones. I know what you are going thru! I'm also a widower and have 1 child and hid so at home. Good luck!
CindyT

Karen_Ski
10-06-2008, 02:32 AM
Best wishes on your surgery and recovery Stephanie.

Suzie S.
10-06-2008, 05:03 AM
Stephanie, I wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. :hugs:

Melora
10-06-2008, 05:09 AM
Speedy recovery thoughts hun..

Stephanie Stephens
10-06-2008, 06:52 AM
Sending good thoughts your way - good luck Stephanie.
Steph

Patty
10-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Hope everything works out good and have a speedy recovery.

2b.Lauren
10-06-2008, 09:00 AM
I am sending you both hugs and prayers for a safe procedure and a speedy recovery. Looking forward to seeing you when you are healthy!

Lauren

Tomara
10-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Hi Stephanie
I wanted to wish you good luck on your surgery .
I had rotator cuff , bone spurs , a detached bicep mussel and some arthritis cleared out with surgery six months ago , everything was successful and I just had my last physical therapy appointment this morning !
The best advice I could give you is to do what they tell you to do !! it is very important for the healing process.
As for not being able to dress , the time goes by very quickly and I am sure you will be back to yourself in no time.
Again Good Luck Tomara

Alice Torn
10-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Hoping your surgery goes well, recovery, too. A great man said that life is a classroom, we learn until we die. Everything is for our learning. I had to live ina a situation, where i could not dress, for 7 weeks. It was a learning experience.

KaraChristine
10-06-2008, 11:43 AM
best wishes for a quick recovery - we'll all be thinking about you

trisha59
10-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Stephanie,
Good luck with the surgery and remember to keep those gown ties tied.
Trisha

uknowhoo
10-06-2008, 12:35 PM
Awww, sorry to hear you won't have much Stephanie time any time soon. :hugs: Hopefully you'll still be able to come by here and enjoy the sisterhood. I wish you good luck with your operation, and a quick and comfortable recovery. xoxo Tammi

Jodi Lynn
10-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Steph, Good luck with the surgery. I have had three shoulder surgeries (need another one right now but doc says no) and for the most part I did have a good recorvery. It was about three months before I was able to put a bra on after each time. So again good luck and a speedie recovery to you sis.

Lora Olivia
10-06-2008, 03:14 PM
good luck Steph. You can stop in and see us and type one handed to let us know everything is good

BillieJoe
10-06-2008, 06:34 PM
I had surgery back in April and was in the hospital for four days. On my last day there one of the nurses I got to know quite well kidded me that morning when my gown slid up to almost my waist. She said, "Now, now dear, thats very un-lady like. You'll have to pull your dress down!" I thought it was kind of humorous and had a chuckle to myself. If she only knew....

Jacqui
10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Good luck on your surgery! Have faith in your doctors and follow post-op instructions.

Meanwhile, as someone deep in the closet, I'll leave the light on for you!

Jacqui

nina1947
10-06-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm sure all will go well and you'll be up and around and in your finery sooner than you think. If you want to, write me and I'll listen all day to your laughs or your screams. Nina

sissystephanie
10-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Thanks for all your loving thoughts! You ladies are the absolute best! As far as following the doctors orders for post-op care, my daughter has been an RN for 29 years! Do you think she will let me slack off on the therapy? Not a chance!! She is the one who dragged me to the doctor in August which resulted in me now having a pacemaker! I probably would have died otherwise, according to my cardiologist!

Thanks again, my friends. I will be back!!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!
Soon to be partly bionic!!

sissystephanie
10-20-2008, 10:40 PM
To all my dear friends on this forum, Thanks for all your kind thoughts and comments on my surgery. Apparently everything went well, although I won't know for sure until I see the doctor on the 27th. I still have to keep my arm in a sling most of the time, and can't even move it away from my body or above my waist. Of course, that means I cannot drive (Doctor won't allow it!) which also means I cannot get Stephanie"s things out of storage!!:sad::sad:

But I am glad to be alive and have two arms, and a loving daughter and son. I do believe that I am Blessed!

Stephanie

Lady on the inside for now!

DAVIDA
10-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Hi Stephanie!
I hope that your recovery is a swift one!:love:

Samantha B L
10-21-2008, 07:41 AM
Hi There Stephanie, I am sending you best wishes and hopes for a speedy recovery.

:hugs: :love: :thumbsup:

dancinginthedark
10-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Thank you for the update Step. I hope your PT goes well and you make a full recovery.

Just think you'll be able to unhook your own bra again. :D Seems such a simple thing that... until you've lost the ability to reach around and do it. Ahh life it's the simple things that often makes it worth living. *gentle hugs* I don't want to hurt ya

dancin

sissystephanie
10-24-2008, 06:43 PM
Thanks so very much for all the kind words and thoughts. You don't know how much that means to me.

The surgery apparently was sucessful, but of course I am still very limited in what I can do. However, SHE who is in charge of CD's was looking out for me. I had already discovered one skort that did not get stored away, and today I found my three beautiful leather skirts in a basement closet. So Stephanie is kind of back. I am writing this wearing red silk panties, a black knee length leather skirt, and a white button front short sleeve blouse! Oh yes, Easy Spirit velcro strap Mary Janes. No bra, since I couldn't fasten it anyway. But at least I look, and feel, girly!!:love:

BTW, Dancininthedark, you can hug me anytime! And you don't have to be so gentle, I won't break!

Stephanie

Getting back to being a lady, but still a man underneath!