PDA

View Full Version : I am so NOT happy right now..

KandisTX
10-21-2008, 01:15 PM
No, it has nothing to do with my own CDing as I am quite happy with my current situation. I am extremely perturbed for a friend (TS) of mine. We both work at a place on the weekends where all participants are issued photo identification cards. Well, she started her transition (MtF) last season, and when it came time for this seasons identification cards, she sent in her form with all the NEW information such as her new name and this should have required a new photo be taken (she looks absolutely fabulous and so much happier than before her transition began). Did this happen? NO, the idiot woman who was/is dealing with the issuing of identification cards just issued a new card using LAST YEARS MALE NAME AND PICTURE. I am so livid for her, as she is and her employer it is not even funny.

Kandis:love::rose2:

Chari
10-21-2008, 01:29 PM
Sounds like a dilemma, but one with a solution. What does the company do in cases of a GG employee getting married with a name change? Or a new hire? If Human Resources is in charge of the woman issuing "tags", ask them how to correct this situation! If HR does not have authority over that, ask who does!

suzy cool
10-21-2008, 02:45 PM
She is either very stupid or it was done maliciously. Either way, your friend should go and see this silly woman and put her right.

KandisTX
10-21-2008, 03:10 PM
The problem, I think, is that someone gave this person TOO much authority in her job, and she essentially gets to pick and choose what she is going to do for whom. I am about to go to management myself and demand they correct it, but honestly it is NOT my place to do this for her. She needs to do it herself, but I will back her up all the way if necessary. (I have known her in both her male modes, and as she is now, and she is so much happier now. Not to mention she is damned good looking).

Niya W
10-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Have explain why she would put a male pic for a female employee .

Barbra_in_Tulsa
10-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Any chance your friend could go to HR? The potential litigation for an EEO/Hostile Work Enviornment would be fairly costly. There is plenty of case law to support an HR department to bend over backwards to help your friend out.

KandisTX
10-21-2008, 04:12 PM
It's not really a "company" persay.. it's a renaissance festival, and we both work for two differant vendors, but as such we must have proof (the id cards) that we are allowed to enter through the back gate. So, there's really not an HR department to complain to, although I do know the management/heirarchy of the festival so it may help for me to say something to them.

charlie
10-21-2008, 04:26 PM
Human Resources is the place to go to get it right. Then it is going to the manager...having an attorney write a letter for you. People and society do not understand someone changing their identity. They think it is weird. So you just have to help them along. You have to get busy, not mad. She should not just go along with the old card photo...help the system along a bit! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

Caroline C
10-21-2008, 04:54 PM
I am so livid for her, as she is and her employer it is not even funny.

I would think if her employer brought this to the festival management the issue would get resolved quickly. Sometimes it takes someone with authority to go on your behalf to someone else with authority otherwise all your efforts will be blocked.

Di
10-21-2008, 07:58 PM
You are a good friend:hugs: and I hope your friend doesn't let a jerk#$$%#$ get to them. They are the one with the problem
( the one that issued the card) Hope it gets resolved:hugs:

Leann James
10-21-2008, 08:55 PM
Kandis, pm me or come and see me this weekend. I need some more info. and I bet I can help out this mess.
Leann :hugs::drink:

mykhelee
10-22-2008, 12:10 AM
While this may have been done intentionally, It may not have been. Example: do you use ssn #'s. Having been in management it is easy for HR to just plug in the ssn# and print out the paperwork. Easy to miss last name, address changes and such, I admit it is a lazy way to do things, but that seems to be the way a lot of people do their jobs. We had several such occurences happen every year at tax time.
If it was intentional and the festival is unwilling to make the needed change, legal action concerning hostile work evironement may be in order. One thing to note, if your state is a will to work state, they could just release your friend for any reason they so desire with no recourse.

KandisTX
10-22-2008, 12:24 PM
I have spoken to her employer and he should be getting it resolved this weekend.

pamela_a
10-22-2008, 01:56 PM
That's good to hear it should be resolved soon. You are a great friend Kandis.

-Paula-

Karren H
10-22-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah.. Glad its going to be resolved.. A lot times its just laziness and its way easier to hit the print button than to type in the new info and change the photo.. Copy.. Paste... Print.... After all.. How much could a person change in a year anyway?? :D

KandisTX
10-22-2008, 03:59 PM
Yeah.. Glad its going to be resolved.. A lot times its just laziness and its way easier to hit the print button than to type in the new info and change the photo.. Copy.. Paste... Print.... After all.. How much could a person change in a year anyway?? :D

That's exactly what it is in this case. The creature (looks like female sort of, but cannot really tell), that REFUSED to change the info, and just gives attitude when you ask her to actually do her job. ~shrug~ She needs to be fired and someone with a brain needs to be put in her place.