PDA

View Full Version : Back in action!

Shannen
10-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I was finally able to get some time to dress up and get out last week. Work has been really busy and I just haven't had the extra energy to devote to getting dressed up. I had a business trip scheduled for last week, and knew a month ahead of time, so I promised myself I would take the opportunity to go all out during those days.

Well, I came home with a new skirt, 2 new pairs of heels, and some great memories! I did the shopping in drab the first day, but spent the early evening getting ready to go out. Once I was ready I headed down to the hotel lobby to find out where the nearest theater was. I ended up seeing The Duchess, certainly a chic flick, and full of the wonderful outfits that ladies wore a couple of hundred years ago! :daydreaming: When purchasing my ticket the young woman asked me "Sir, that perfume you have on is wonderful! What is it? ...I can only laugh at the "Sir", but I pulled out my little bottle and showed her what I was spraying on that evening. (Wild Honeysuckle from Bath and Body)

I had decided that sneaking out of the side entrances to the hotels was just a stupid thing to do! Last week I engaged in conversation with 3 different clerks in both my male and female modes. They obviously knew I was the same person, and all 3 were quite fine with it. And now I'm fine with it.

I also went out to dinner en femme. This was my second time and it went quite well. After I finished my meal and my waitress brought me the check, I took the plunge and engaged her in conversation. I admitted that this was only the second time I had been out to eat "like this", and asked her how she thought I looked?! She virtually busted at the seams when she got the opportunity to talk. She said I looked very nice, that my makeup was very well done. She added that she thought is was great that I had the nerve to come out to dinner and not care what anyone else thought! After I said thanks for being so nice, she gave me a big smile, touched my shoulder, and said "Come back and see me any time!"

I wasn't able to bring a camera along on the trip, so I have no pictures. :sad: I think I've decided two things about myself on this trip. 1) Why worry about what strangers will "think" when out and about, and 2) I really have to find a TG support group so I can talk to people while dressed!!!

:hugs:

Jonianne
10-21-2008, 05:15 PM
What a wonderful time you had! I hope you get to repeat it often! It goes to show that the world is not as scary as we tend to think it is.

trisha59
10-21-2008, 05:43 PM
With waitresses like that we will all go broke tipping.

Shannen
10-21-2008, 06:43 PM
With waitresses like that we will all go broke tipping.

:heehee: I did "double up" the tip. Put 20% on the travel card, and another 20% in cash... Hope she shared it with the busboy who kept checking me out!

:hugs:

charlie
10-21-2008, 07:18 PM
OK Shannen!
I haven't gotten the courage to go to a non-gay restaurant yet. Shopping, nightclubs, movies yes, but the restaurant scene means you are out in front at the same place for at least an hour. Even your waitress seemed surprised that you could sit there and get your courage up. I doff my hat to you...and it sounded fun too!

paulaN
10-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Way to go. That a gurl. I like your attitude.

gennee
10-21-2008, 07:34 PM
I like the women's tyles of the 1940's an 1950's. They really knew how to dress. Very classy. I have been out to restaurants en femme. It's pretty nice.

Gennee

:)

susan fuller
10-21-2008, 08:39 PM
My wife and I went to a Red Lobster near our area while I was enfemme and had a great meal. The waitress did a good job and the manager even came over to our table and ask us to fill our a survey on how the service and food was. No one said anything about the way I was dressed and I only noticed one man checking me out. It felt good. We also went into several stores and tried on several dresses without any problems. I felt pretty all day.

mykhelee
10-22-2008, 12:14 AM
Congrats on a wonderful evening, I agree on the support group issue. I don't even know any others in my county who dress.

Angie G
10-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Why to go Shannen.:hugs:
Angie