PDA

View Full Version : Felt Like a "Real" Girl

Valerie Nicole
10-21-2008, 06:53 PM
If only for a brief moment, it's true. Today, I had an extremely short conversation that gave me one of the greatest highs I've ever had. I was sitting in class, and I noticed the girl behind me was wearing this intriguing pair of boots. I had never seen anything like them before. I can't even explain them, all that well. They were black, and appeared to be made of wool or something, like a sweater.

Anyway, since she was sitting near the outlet where my laptop was plugged in, I asked her if she would unplug my computer for me (this all happened after class ended). She did, and without thinking, I just made a comment about her boots. It was something along the lines of, "I like your boots, by the way. They're different. I've never seen anything like them before." Obviously I was showing real interest in them, not some sort of fake interest or flirtatious interest.

And the most remarkable thing happened when I said this. She started talking about them as if she really was talking to another woman. I should mention here that I was dressed completely in drab. But she described her boots, told me the designer, and told me that they were this year's style from that designer. After that, the conversation was over. I left the classroom feeling as if I'd been conversing as a woman, because I kind of felt like I'd been treated like one. It was incredible.

I'm just wondering if this is the normal reaction from women if a man makes a genuine comment about their clothes/outfit/accessories. I'm always wanting to compliment women on various aspects of their attire, I just never have the guts to do it. If this is the usual outcome, I may just start saying things like this a little more often.

charlie
10-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Hello Valerie!
Since I started dressing I have been complimenting and asking girls about their various wardrobe pieces as you did. Usually, the reply is as you have described. I guess it is actually "girlish talk" only because girls are the ones that have a conversation like that. Most guys would never have noticed what a girl was wearing in the first place!

Princess29
10-21-2008, 07:11 PM
thats great Valerie

gennee
10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I've gotten many complements from women. They admire men who are in tune about fashions and styles.

Gennee

:)

Rachel Morley
10-21-2008, 08:06 PM
Hi Valerie,

This happens to me too. It feels wonderful doesn't it? You said you were wondering if this is the normal reaction from women if a man makes a genuine comment about their clothes/outfit/accessories?

Hard to say if it's "normal". I guess that would depend on how the guy worded it and and if there was any genuine interest in a "non-creepy" kind of a way. Also, it's my guess it would depend on how the woman felt at the time about the questioner (?). I don't know, but I imagine this girl felt that your were a nice, non threatening guy, who was genuinely interested in her boots, and liking them herself wanted to tell you more. :2c:

mykhelee
10-22-2008, 12:20 AM
Believe it or not, most women can tell if you are sincere with your fashion questions or not. I believe the phrase goes something like "My eyes are up here!". Many men are simply trying to get the attention of the woman in order to get attention from the woman. When we ask a question concerning a skirt or dress, they pretty much know we really want to know where they got that darling pair of two tone black fade to grey pumps with the four inch stilletto heel. She told me, didn't have my size, may order them.:daydreaming:

Sammy777
10-22-2008, 05:23 AM
Most GG don't expect a question or response from a guy with details in them.

A regular guy's response to a woman's clothing question is lackluster at best.
They usually never have details in the response.
Except when that response happens to come from one us that is, lol.

I have responded to those avg girl asks boy & girl expects avg boy's response questions with such things like:

What do you think?
Yes its [a skirt] cute, I like the knife pleats.

Which shoes do you like? [A or B response]
I think the sling backs look better with that.

Which top do you like better?
The other one you had on .....
Which other one?
The fitted blue one with the scoop neck.

And more, but you get the drift. lol

I never got a bad response, but a double take sometimes.
I have managed to play off most of my [D'oh!] did I just say that moments though.

Miss Tessa
10-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Yeah that's normal when you TREAT A WOMAN HOW SHE WANTS TO and show genuine interest on a truly emotional, deeper level.

Even when I was living and looking male I was my female self and I never related to other girls the way most men do (just thinking of one thing and getting to that point as soon as possible).

So yes if you are genuine and interact that way you will be surprised to how well women relate to you no matter what your gender is.

It pains me how most guys cannot figure this out and try to get straight to point B with women and girls rather than being REAL with them and CARING and SENSETIVE.

Laurie909
10-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I guess it just depends on the person. In the case which you just described, some women might give you a short answer, while others would really engage you in conversation. One things for sure; most women (me included!) would rather have a compliment over an insult anyday!

Nicole Erin
10-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Yeah if you are talking about clothes or fashion in a sense of genuine interest, they can tell. And usually they will talk about it with you in a tone they would use with another woman.

In fact, I have had these types of conversations with ladies at work and with my big sister.

As CDs, most of us know enough about fashion and makeup to hold up our end of a conversation about it or at least ask intelligent questions about it.

Even tho women know we are men or CD, if we try to relate to them as women, they will relate back to us as such. It seems strange yes but with anyone, if you talk to them on their grounds, it goes well.

And oh yes, it is very nice to chat with a woman about things that normally only women talk about. It is a very good feeling indeed. Being "one of the girls". You can and should do this more often. And dare I say this but once they learn you are in tune with fashion, they are seldom shocked to find out you are CD.
Win-win

Marjory
10-22-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm presently in the closet again but I wonder how long it will take my wife to notice I know as much about female fashion as she does.

Sometimes Steffi
10-22-2008, 10:56 PM
I was at the doctor's office (in male mode) at the cashier counter, and I looked over at the receptionist who was sitting sideways to me. She was wearing a long full black skirt with a pink design on it. When she looked over to me I said, "I know this is a chic thing to say, but that is a really cute skirt." Not "you look good in that skirt" or "I like you in that skirt". She smiled, stood up and modeled the skirt for me and swished the skirt around a few times.

What I really wanted to ask was where she got it, because I wanted one, but I knew it was out of my budget anyhow.