PDA

View Full Version : Dancing My Way to Femininity

Jacqui
10-22-2008, 07:58 PM
One of my biggest weaknesses as a male has been my inability to dance and let it all hang out (no, not that way! I mean my emotions!) It bothers my wife and it has bothered me. I have always been well co-ordinated in sports, but when it comes to dancing, I feel like a rectangle bouncing up and down... a self-conscious.... klutz!

Recently, while dressed, I was listening to Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie." I got in front of a full length mirror and started swaying my hips, moving my shoulders. Before long, in the mirror appeared a real woman dancing in front of me. I felt like I could unleash my emotions, put on a nice big sexy smile and actually enjoy dancing for the first time in my life. There's something about that song that encourages me to let loose (no, I don't mean it that way, I mean my emotions!)

I've been practicing with every opportunity I get and each time, I feel more and more feminine. I'm thinking that if I ever went to a club, I wouldn't have a problem blending in (dancing, I mean).

But I'm also wondering if I could translate this into being able to dance en mano! It's something that I have to try, although if I get to be too good, my wife might die of shock.

Anybody else experience anything like this?

Jacqui

Nicole Erin
10-22-2008, 08:19 PM
Well I have started dancing a lot. Funny you should mention this...
I felt kind of silly at first but once I just let myself get into the music and forget how silly I felt, it was fun. I am also wanting to drop a few pounds and dancing is WAY more fun than stupid ass aerobics.
I intentionally try to dance kind of feminine.

Here is one move you could try. I can do it but not real fast and I certainly don't do it as well as this lady. And I WANT that DVD, I guess there are a lot of good moves on it. They have one for men and one for women and you better believe I am getting the woman's one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA8v_abRavY

tony_confused
10-22-2008, 08:28 PM
whenever life gets complicated for me, keep to whats easy, truth is never too far away

lari
10-22-2008, 08:32 PM
I find myself wantingto dance more when I am Lari

Angie G
10-23-2008, 12:37 AM
No I'm a dancer and my wife and I enjoy it to no end.:hugs:
Angie

heidi99
10-24-2008, 11:21 PM
This is an interesting thread Jacqui. I can totally relate to feeling like an alien in my skin when I have to dance. Just feel all gangly. :sad: I think a lot of it might be confidence.

I also was wondering that since you and I are attracted to women (you to your wife and I to women), that perhaps we notice women dancing, and get a mental image of what "beautiful" is. So perhaps it might be possible to look (and feel) attractive dancing while dressed, but while en mano we'll still be gangly. Hope this question makes some sense. ;)

Jacqui
10-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Here is one move you could try. I can do it but not real fast and I certainly don't do it as well as this lady. And I WANT that DVD, I guess there are a lot of good moves on it. They have one for men and one for women and you better believe I am getting the woman's one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CA8v_abRavY

Erin, now I know why you can't do it fast. I tried and I think I may have herniated a disc. Seriously, I will keep on practicing and hopefully I'll get it half-right. Thanks for the link.

Heidi, I haven't yet tried to translate what I've learned to do en-femme to how I would dance en mano, but I will try it soon.
I have always felt, not only gangly, but more like an un-co-ordinated rectangle trying to sway to the music. And I think it stems from the fact that I am afraid to release my emotions, quite possibly because, well, maybe someone might say, "Hey, you dance like a girl!"

Alice B
10-26-2008, 01:21 AM
I'll have to give that a try. It may be the way to break through my dancing hang ups.

Kris Vasquez
10-26-2008, 01:45 AM
I have probably danced (in male mode) one hour since I've been married 26 years ago. I have probably danced 100 hours in femme mode in the last two months. What a rush. " Dance like no one's watching"

Joanne f
12-05-2008, 02:53 PM
It might take me a few drinks to get me going but once i start i dance like a girl ( OK a possessed girl) i just let it all go , don't know why but my wife seams to move away from me then .:heehee:.

joanne

cindym5_04
12-05-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm a decent dancer as a guy and like to work it when I'm a girl. When I was dating one of my now exes, she actually signed me up for a belly dancing class. I didn't go dressed but there were only about 6 of us in the class (me, her, and 4 others). The instructor and 3 of the 4 other girls were really attractive. My ex was so jealous because the instructor ended up giving me a lot of personal attention. In one of the last classes the instructor told everyone to bring a long, flowy skirt. I put one on when I got there. The girls in the class looked in shock, then everyone started asking questions when my then girlfriend told everyone that I already had it and that I liked to dress like a girl sometimes. Personally, I didn't think the class needed to know that. Ironic enough, the girls started asking me a lot of questions, one of the girls pulled me to the side when the girlfriend wasn't around and asked me out (this girl was WAY hotter than my then-girlfriend too) and the instructor ended up flirting with me a whole lot more after that. One girl in the class did look appalled by it. Oh well, right? Most of the class and the instructor kept trying to get me to come to the last class fully done up en-femme. I wouldn't do it though- don't know why not, guess I was a bit more shy.

JennyII23
12-05-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm a decent dancer as a guy and like to work it when I'm a girl. When I was dating one of my now exes, she actually signed me up for a belly dancing class. I didn't go dressed but there were only about 6 of us in the class (me, her, and 4 others). The instructor and 3 of the 4 other girls were really attractive. My ex was so jealous because the instructor ended up giving me a lot of personal attention. In one of the last classes the instructor told everyone to bring a long, flowy skirt. I put one on when I got there. The girls in the class looked in shock, then everyone started asking questions when my then girlfriend told everyone that I already had it and that I liked to dress like a girl sometimes. Personally, I didn't think the class needed to know that. Ironic enough, the girls started asking me a lot of questions, one of the girls pulled me to the side when the girlfriend wasn't around and asked me out (this girl was WAY hotter than my then-girlfriend too) and the instructor ended up flirting with me a whole lot more after that. One girl in the class did look appalled by it. Oh well, right? Most of the class and the instructor kept trying to get me to come to the last class fully done up en-femme. I wouldn't do it though- don't know why not, guess I was a bit more shy.

Nice one Cindy ,good for you:hugs:

jaiden
12-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Hi Jacqui,
sounds very normal to me. I'm a musicien and cd, dancing as a male no problem, did the same when dresses but somehow it looked funny to me. The best way is practising.
Jaiden

docrobbysherry
12-06-2008, 01:07 AM
I often dance around when I'm videoing. I've twisted a few ankles, and that was in a familiar enviornment, with no alcohol involved!:drink:

catriona36
12-06-2008, 06:40 AM
i must say i am the same way my ex gf was a ballroom dancer and shit her up the wall that i wouldnt dance.
i have like 4 left feet and dont like crowds and self concious.
yet in the chat room dressed i actualy found my self "chair" dancing and felt comfy in doing so..

could it be that in some small way that we feel better doing it cos we are semi hiden from ourselfs/ others when dressed?

Celeste
12-06-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm pretty self conscious about it myself,some things I would like to try are,dancing with aerobics,to get more loose with it,playing music you really love so you can't help but dance and sticking with moves that stay close to my body that I'm comfortable with.

Jennifer Cox
12-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I often dance around when I'm videoing. I've twisted a few ankles, and that was in a familiar enviornment, with no alcohol involved!:drink:

Doc, seems like you need to change environments LOL! :cheers:

DinaMature
12-06-2008, 10:02 PM
The man of the house... he can dance, I assure you. Me? I've tried here n there.

It's brutal.:sad: