PDA

View Full Version : Can,t get the femme voice? A possible solution!!

Deborah Jane
10-24-2008, 01:05 PM
I,m having real trouble getting my voice to sound feminine, i either sound like someone who,s just sucked on a helium balloon or Marlene Dietrich with asthma :sad:

Anyway, i may have found a possible solution to my woes!!!

During my travels, i,ve noticed many East European women seem to have deeper voices than Western women.

SO.....
My solution to my voice problem, which may help other girls here too.

Say "I can,t speak English" in Polish, Latvian, Hungarian or any other language where people aren,t likely to understand you.

It maybe a good idea to learn it in more than one language, in case you meet someone from the country of the language you,ve learned :D

SherriePall
10-24-2008, 01:27 PM
In my neck of the neighborhood, those are all languages spoken by those who settled here in the late 1800's and early 1900's. With my luck, I'd pick someone who could speak the foreign language I was using to say that I don't speak English!

suzy cool
10-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Just pretend you are a 1970's Russian athlete and people will compliment you on how fem you sound. (Joke for the old people there.):heehee:

Susan Watersfield
10-24-2008, 02:38 PM
Just pretend you are a 1970's Russian athlete and people will compliment you on how fem you sound. (Joke for the old people there.):heehee:

Suzy,

Sadly, I'm old enough to know exactly what you mean.......:cry:

Luv

Susan

Raquel June
10-24-2008, 02:59 PM
I know a lot of Japanese and Spanish, but I think I'm a little too white for that to work. I'll have to look into this Latvian thing...

Es nesaprotu angļu!
Ja ir sieviešu tualete?

Maria2222
10-24-2008, 04:29 PM
Out of the mouth of.........a dumb blonde.
:heehee:

pamela_a
10-24-2008, 04:34 PM
I always knew my Russian heritage would be an advantage at some point in my life....now all I've got to do is learn Russian. :D

-Paula-

Sam-antha
10-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Nevairr mind the trrouble that goes wit' choosing a language. Stick wit t' English variety, hefily acskcentet.
The trouble with that is that it will lead you into more trouble, like when someone, with an accent like yours, asks you question and your reply imitates their accent, and you get all embarassed at the imitation.

Vicki65
10-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Say "I can,t speak English" in Polish, Latvian, Hungarian or any other language where people aren,t likely to understand you.

A lot of people in our green and pleasant land are likely to understand most eastern european languages these days though...

MJ
10-24-2008, 07:04 PM
that would not work over here because Canada as people from every were just my luck to speak Russian and have the person answer in Russian :doh:

Deborah Jane
10-24-2008, 07:12 PM
The idea came about when i was in my truck making a delivery while double parked.
A car came down the road and asked me to move and rather than get into a deep discussion with him about why i couldn,t, i just said "Specka Polshka".
He looked at me blankly, turned around and went the other way
I,d also noticed some East European women have deeper voices and thought i could use the idea when out and about as Debs :D

docrobbysherry
10-25-2008, 12:18 AM
During my younger years, I found pretending to be foreign or drunk, or a foreign drunk, worked quite well. It got me out of trouble, and help from strangers when I needed it, on numerous occassions!
However, my language was always invented on the spot! I found a combo of Japanese, Spanish, and a Slavic accent/sounds, was completely incoherent to everyone I met. :eek:

By the by, my daughter and I traveled this summer, with a Russian who teaches English, and her daughter. When they wanted to talk without us understanding, she switched to Russian. My daughter and I decided we needed to do the same. So, we spoke in--------------------igpay atinlay!:tongueout

Sally2005
10-25-2008, 12:55 AM
I love it! How to do it with the correct expression and without busting out laughing is the challenge.

Deborah Jane
10-25-2008, 03:22 AM
I love it! How to do it with the correct expression and without busting out laughing is the challenge.

It takes a lot of practice Sally, i guess people just think i,m a happy Latvian, Pole, etc :heehee:

Sam-antha
10-25-2008, 06:04 AM
Accented speech does work though. I remember.....

Dee72
10-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Youre So right there Vicki - hugs Dee

marykrissmithcd
10-25-2008, 09:35 AM
In the (old) movie Tootsie, Dustin Hoffman transforms to an older woman and uses a southern accent. I've tried talking fem as a northern girl and find adding a southern accent actually makes it easier.

LilSissyStevie
10-25-2008, 10:44 AM
Many of my female Appalachian relatives had deep gravely voices from a lifetime of smoking and hard drinking. People called it a "whiskey voice." They also spoke in a sometimes unintelligible dialect.

I think I'd rather play the deaf/mute and speak in sign language. :heehee:

Miss Tessa
10-25-2008, 11:00 AM
Don't use a true falsetto voice. It will only sound as you described, a man making a fake woman's voice.

1.)Instead of speaking deep into your chest, try speaking upwards into your voicebox and talk as softly as you can.

Step 2.)
Make sure you use lots of sing-song tone in your voice when you speak. Women sound more dramatic and Men sound monotone.
Say it like, "hi! My *name* is Tessa!"

3.)What also helps is open your mouth wide like you're going to Yawn, and with the back of your throat, kind of do a silent scream......This will stretch your vocal chords and will make you sound much more femme.Do it often.Daily several times daily.

4.) Drink water and take a sip or two before talking on the phone. Carry water in your purse.
That's why women who sing while some guy plays a piano in those old movies take a dip of a water glass before a song,

robb01
10-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Don't use a true falsetto voice. It will only sound as you described, a man making a fake woman's voice.

1.)Instead of speaking deep into your chest, try speaking upwards into your voicebox and talk as softly as you can.

Step 2.)
Make sure you use lots of sing-song tone in your voice when you speak. Women sound more dramatic and Men sound monotone.
Say it like, "hi! My *name* is Tessa!"

3.)What also helps is open your mouth wide like you're going to Yawn, and with the back of your throat, kind of do a silent scream......This will stretch your vocal chords and will make you sound much more femme.Do it often.Daily several times daily.

4.) Drink water and take a sip or two before talking on the phone. Carry water in your purse.
That's why women who sing while some guy plays a piano in those old movies take a dip of a water glass before a song,

I never thought about doing #3, Thanks http://1person1million.com/img/526/r08c1006bidc/biggrin.gif

Marjory
10-25-2008, 05:19 PM
Carry a card that says I'm mute... hopefully they won't know sign language

Miss Tessa
10-25-2008, 06:32 PM
Go on www.youtube.com there are online video tutorials on how to do it which will show you well without having to go on Calpernia Addam's site and buying all her overpriced DVD's......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJZjcKYOQr0

This transgirl gives great advice, watch her videos.

Teri Jean
10-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Miss Tessa has a great starting point in the You Tube site. Thanks girl, with practice it should be easy to present a descent voice as a woman. Keli

Deborah Jane
10-25-2008, 07:27 PM
Go on www.youtube.com there are online video tutorials on how to do it which will show you well without having to go on Calpernia Addam's site and buying all her overpriced DVD's......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJZjcKYOQr0

This transgirl gives great advice, watch her videos.

Thanks Miss Tessa, i,ve saved them to my faves and i,ll keep them to help me :)

avril findlay
10-25-2008, 07:46 PM
A quick suck on a balloon full of helium makes you sound like Minnie Mouse for a few seconds!

Love

Avril

Joan Merrie
10-26-2008, 09:41 AM
The deaf, sign language thing works for me. But of coarse I actually know how to sign, My wife is deaf. You would be amazed at the things people will say around you when they think you can't hear.:hugs:

Rachaelb64
10-26-2008, 09:50 AM
Or you could do is, in your best Clint Eastwood impression, say

'You know punk, these are six inch heels and I've been wearing them all day! So punk do you feel lucky?'

:devil: