PDA

View Full Version : Painted nails 24/7

lil red
10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Just wanted to share with all of you that this is the first time that I have painted my nails to go to work. I drive a truck so pretty much by myself all day but since I haul coal locally I see the same people over and over all day long and need to interact with them. I painted my nails Monday about 11:00 AM in the truck (my very supportive friend stopped by and gave me BRIGHT blue polish). From that point until Thursday night my nails were blue! At my friends request I changed the color last night to a VERY bright pink, and have had that on all day. The reason I am telling everyone this is because I have not had one negative reaction (except from my boss who is my father who knows but doesn't want to). As a matter of fact no one has even asked why my nails are painted, in fact I have had a few compliments. So don't be affraid to do it if you want most people don't care ( and I am from hick town USA). I should also mention my wife was upset not that I did it but that I didn't consult with her first but now she is okay with it. My children all think it's cool daddy wears nail polish to ( I have painted my nails at home openly for a while now).:)

JoanFlores
10-24-2008, 06:01 PM
I use clear nail polish for hands and feet, wife knows but is ok with it.

sissystephanie
10-24-2008, 06:28 PM
I wore pale pink polish on my fingers and bright red polish on my toes to our wedding! My late wife already knew and approved of my CD activities. I go everywhere with painted nails, and sometimes get compliments on them. A Priest at my church asked why I kept them painted, after telling me how nice they looked. I told him one reason was because it keeps my sales prospects focused on my hands as I am giving them a sales presentation. Since he teaches Yoga, he got a manicure and now always has beautiful nails. He said it really helped him!!

When our children were young I stopped using nail polish since we had never told them about Stephanie. When they left home I resumed and have done it ever since. Right now I am overdue for a manicure/pedicure, but have to wait until I can get my daughter to take me. She does know now! Because of recent shoulder replacement surgery I am not able to drive myself. A real "bummer."

Stephanie

Getting back to being a lady, but still a man underneath!

Jamie001
10-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Clear polish is like having no polish. Certainly no one will notice. Why not go to a color?

I use clear nail polish for hands and feet, wife knows but is ok with it.

MJ
10-24-2008, 08:00 PM
i love my nails after paying 45 for the extensions and a fill there was no way they were coming off when i use to switch back and forth. the weird part was not too many comments when in drab people just don't notice

Christina Horton
10-24-2008, 08:37 PM
Just wanted to share with all of you that this is the first time that I have painted my nails to go to work. I drive a truck so pretty much by myself all day but since I haul coal locally I see the same people over and over all day long and need to interact with them. I painted my nails Monday about 11:00 AM in the truck (my very supportive friend stopped by and gave me BRIGHT blue polish). From that point until Thursday night my nails were blue! At my friends request I changed the color last night to a VERY bright pink, and have had that on all day. The reason I am telling everyone this is because I have not had one negative reaction (except from my boss who is my father who knows but doesn't want to). As a matter of fact no one has even asked why my nails are painted, in fact I have had a few compliments. So don't be affraid to do it if you want most people don't care ( and I am from hick town USA). I should also mention my wife was upset not that I did it but that I didn't consult with her first but now she is okay with it. My children all think it's cool daddy wears nail polish to ( I have painted my nails at home openly for a while now).:)

Hay girl I have had my nails painted bright red since aug 8th. I am also a long haul trucker. I am based out of surrey Canada and drive all over north A. I also have no bad comments on them from men , and only had women say that they love them. So your not the only one. Good luck Hun. All the best. Christina.

lil red
10-25-2008, 07:46 AM
Can't wait tillthis comng week! I am going to paint my nails orange and black for halloween. One orange the next black and so on. The next problem is trying to come up with a theme for Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving will be easy (red and green and no not the tv show lol). If anyone has any ideas for a Thanksgiving theme please let me know. For the record I cannot go and get any dsigns put on them at a nail place( the wife said no but I still might:heehee:).

Maddie
10-25-2008, 08:22 AM
I have pinck gel nails and they have been that woy for 3 years they extend a good .25 inch past my finger tips

makes my hands look great and i get comments all the time women just love them

Natasha Carlo
10-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Can't wait tillthis comng week! I am going to paint my nails orange and black for halloween. One orange the next black and so on. The next problem is trying to come up with a theme for Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving will be easy (red and green and no not the tv show lol). If anyone has any ideas for a Thanksgiving theme please let me know. For the record I cannot go and get any dsigns put on them at a nail place( the wife said no but I still might:heehee:).

I think it's totally cool you've had positive reactions :)

And for thanksgiving, you can do fall colors! Brown, Red, Orange, Yellow, stuff like that :) Well, at least that's my idea lol.

Stormgirl
10-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I only have my toe nails polished, too scared to apply nail polish on my finger nails. Although I could put black nail polish on my fingernails and I"m sure nobody would think twice about it.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Last night did a practice session for my Halloween outfit (Marilyn Monroe), friend was doing the makeup and I put on some "glue on" red nails on my fingers, they fit my fingers perfectly, thank god I have small fingers and hands. All I can say is they make my hands so feminine and beautiful. Besides that I don't need to look at short fingernails anymore.

But I will say one thing tho, having fingernails makes you do things differently, you just can't grab thinks like a guy anymore. You need to be more deliberate in how you do things, lest you break the nail off. Example changing clothes, wiping your derriere etc, you just need to do it more feminine and delicately. I will say this, it gives me more respect for the women who take the effort to look pretty.

I'm going to leave them on for the next week, see the reaction at work. :battingeyelashes: :battingeyelashes:

Shikyo
10-25-2008, 11:16 AM
When I used to paint my nails, the people did not really care about the nail polish, but actually kept asking if my finger nails were real.

Sadly, I have not been able to paint my nails for a looong time. Just waiting for my nails to grow longer again and my wife promised to lend me her nail polish, so that I can polish them again. I cannot wait until I have nicely polished nails again, that feeling is just so nice.

jennig
10-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Hi I have long painted nails for over 6 years yes people will notice but most dont say anything the ones that do I just tell it like it is I like long nails and polish ther is not much eles you can say. my thought is to be myself and not care what outher people think I also have my hair cut fem 100% of the time
with the same reaction as the nails. I know some people look at me weird and I just bring my self to just keep going and live my life for me!!!!!

huggs jennig

trannie T
10-25-2008, 02:16 PM
I posted last month that a waitress in a coffee shop had painted my nails. I kept them blue for over a week until they got so chipped I couldn't stand them anymore. Last week I went to a TG event and painted my nails a deep red and left them for a few days. I got a few comments, one woman at school asked why my nails were done. Several women complimented my pretty nails. It is funny that no men made any mention of my nails.

Clara
10-25-2008, 02:41 PM
That's great. I only wear polish on my toes (24/7). I have my daughter paint my nails (she loves playing a beauty shop) but before going out I take it off. I told my wife about my dressing only recently so I'd better wait with this next step.

Laura_Stephens
10-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Clear polish is like having no polish. Certainly no one will notice. Why not go to a color?

I wear clear polish because that is what I like. Why should I go to a color if that is not what I want?

Jamie001
10-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I agree. Some women prefer the natural look. :hugs:

I wear clear polish because that is what I like. Why should I go to a color if that is not what I want?

CD Susan
10-25-2008, 08:45 PM

Sorry Jamie but I can't agree with this statement. I have fingernails that are about 1/4" past my finger tips. I have been putting high gloss clear polish on them for years and people do notice. I have recieved many comments from from GG's and all of them have been positive. The guys notice too but never say anything. When I am dressed and out in public I will put on a color polish but when in guy mode I stay with the high gloss clear and I love it!

kay2
10-25-2008, 09:00 PM
I've had long nails for several years - typically 1/4" and sometimes longer. During the week they are either unpainted, or painted clear. Weekends they are often painted a color - usually pink. Reactions vary - most people say nothing and it doesn't seem to be an issue. A few times people have asked me why I paint them. That strikes me as a bizarre question - because I like it - what other reason could there be:

"They aren't painted, it's a disease. Careful, it's contagious."

"I'm a traffic cop and it makes my hands more visible when I direct traffic."

"On the planet I come from men paint their nails, not women."

"I drank too much Pepto-Bismol, and this is what happens."

"I won a bet." (THAT will confuse people)

Though I do it simply because I like it, it has had some good side-effects. Women are drawn to me. Some women have said that though they find it neither attractive nor unattractive, the confidence and creativity shown by painting my nails IS attractive.

A few times I have heard second hand that some women I know think it is weird and a sign of repressed homosexuality. So far, the women who have believed this have been people that always struck me as angry at life. Though it is not my intention, the nails are a good test of people's openness.

Samantha43
10-26-2008, 12:32 AM
Just my toe nails are painted 24/7. My job won't allow me to paint my fingernails.

Jessicaparkson
10-26-2008, 01:58 AM
I need to start doing it more often....shame on me :(

Janie Gunn
10-26-2008, 06:21 AM
Hey lil red, the orange and black nails for Halloween is a good concept.

I've painted mine black in the past, not to do with cd'ing though.
Yesterday I found some metallic red/burgundy at clearance price in a supermarket, so i couldnt resist, and this afternoon painted my fingernails.
Because I go to pubs alot, I wonder what comments I may get from some of that crowd, especially those at a pub I'm a regular at. None of it would bother me anyways.

Janie

morgan51
10-26-2008, 06:55 AM
I have long nails 1/4 inch at least past my fingertips love it. sometimes natural sometimes pink/white french acrylics. 2 years now. used to wear polish blue or black sometimes but now I prefer the acrylic nails. I get a few comments but for the most part people ignore them.

Angie G
10-26-2008, 07:40 AM
I wear a clear polish on my hands and right now my toes are pink and have been all week.:hugs:
Angie

Kelsy
10-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Purple toes and light pink fingernails. I've taken to wearing nail polish most of the time and wear lipstick and mascara everyday.

Kelsy:)

lil red
10-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Think I might take some advice here and go with fall leaf colors for the month of November. Might paint them all differant colors and keep chaning them through the month.:D

Miss Tessa
10-26-2008, 12:17 PM
I've painted my nails for 11 years.
I began as the "goth" style with just black nailpolish.

Then I got a little more femmy, yet still masculine enough to not out myself as anything other than a underground music kid. I painted them blue alot.

I also liked clear glitter polish because both that and blue are kinda gender neutral and Black is definitely unisex nailcolor.

Then during and after transition I do any nail color I feel like whenever. I still love my different shades of blue.....light blue, dark midnight blue, and glitter blue... :)

Edyta_C
10-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I wear either gloss clear or a very light pink. The clear Is Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails" to strengthen the base. This is a base for the pink shade of the month.

Edyta

tina2007
10-26-2008, 02:39 PM
I have usually have painted toe-nails, now the are bright red... my fingers are painted with Opi Nail Envy Matte in drab..
tina

fay
10-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Good for you!

I've managed about four months now with various finishes, I like the look and feel and if I'm feeling happier then everyone else benefits :)

Currently I have acrylics as ovals and natural french finish but I just splashed out on some Dior lacquer for later in the week when my nail tech can apply it.

Mydia
10-27-2008, 02:09 AM
I do my finger and toenails black, but not very often. It takes too long for me to care to do it every day :/

lil red
10-28-2008, 08:53 AM
Well been orange and black for almost 24 hours, everyone(even my father) LOVES it. If anyone asks why I just say cus I felt like it. My cousin just noticed that my nails were painted and he said oh no crossdresser look out, if he only knew! Well gotta get back to work so will hafta talk to y'all later. Jut remember one thing I have learned from this, be yourself and tell the truth, most people can handle it (not sure about going out enfem though, really differant story there).

Alice B
10-28-2008, 12:33 PM
I wear clear polish on my fingers and my toes are a shiny red. That way 7/24.

lil red
10-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Thursday after work, not one negative comment about the orange and black! It has been murder trying to keep them looking nice as I am also the company mechanic and we had a lot of break downs this week. One more day and then I will have to change color, but to what? Probably some sort of pink for the weekend and then something a little bolder for the work week. Any ideas are always welcome.

pamela_a
10-30-2008, 02:38 PM
I've worn clear polish on my fingers for a couple years now and last spring I started using pink on my toes.

-Paula-