PDA

View Full Version : Do we become more militant?

sterling12
10-25-2008, 02:43 AM
I've got to give you all a little background information and set the scene; then I will get to my question.

Brianna and myself went to a party last night, Joann (whom you all know,) and Babs showed up later.) Had a great time, and yours truly wins the sexiest legs award and a very cool pair of novelty hose, (with bows and stripes.) I think I won that award in no small part because of my abbreviated black halter dress with the ragged skirt. After the party Bre and I decide to stop in at Denny's and get some "substantial food.")

I was overdressed but saw no particular reason to change and we hit the place around midnight. It was crowded and I was getting a very large kick out of watching heads turning and the eyes following my very short dress. A few years back I would have been "freaked" to have people noticing me and openly gaping.

But, my point is that I wasn't bothered at all! In fact, I rather enjoyed the attention. I am pretty sure some of them read me, but some of the guys had "that look" of overt lust. My reaction was, "Let em' look, I'm enjoying this and they will have something to talk and think about." I think I wanted to be a little outrageous, I think I wanted to intrude on their complacency's and be provocative.

So here's my question? "After we are out for a while, is it The Norm to start getting a bit more militant, a little more in-your face?" I think that's happening with me. Or, I really got effected today by Batty's Message and wanted to prove I was actively working in The Struggle. Either way.....it sure felt good!

Peace and Love, Joanie

Maddie
10-25-2008, 06:02 AM
I know what you mean

Last night my wife and i went to a halloween party

on the way home i asked her if she wanted to stop for some cheese cake and coffee.

she said ok

well i have on a black gauzy mini skirt purple mock-corset thigh high heels

we walk into the diner and the help is okay and hobody pays attention but one couple ............. she smiles as we go by and his eyes almost pop

on the way out he is still glued on me so just as we walk out the door i wave at him and smile

GIRLS JUST GOTTO HAVE FUN :heehee:

battybattybats
10-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I think I wanted to be a little outrageous, I think I wanted to intrude on their complacency's and be provocative.

So here's my question? "After we are out for a while, is it The Norm to start getting a bit more militant, a little more in-your face?" I think that's happening with me. Or, I really got effected today by Batty's Message and wanted to prove I was actively working in The Struggle. Either way.....it sure felt good!

Peace and Love, Joanie

I think it's quite understandable that as we throw off the shackles we put on ourselves that we want to throw off the ones others put on us with open defiance.

To be so 'in your face' as you say it is to utterly disregard and defy the rules used to oppress us in as direct and honest way possible

Beatniks, hippies, punks, goths all have done that. The black woman (alas I can't recall the name, something like Rosa Parks maybe?) who refused to sit at the back of the bus where the black people were supposed to sit is a good example.

And plenty of people just find joy in being outrageous and/or causing a stir simply by being different.

But it's something to be careful about as thats exactly what some desperatly dont want TG folk to be, openly and unavoidably visible, because they want us not to exist, not to be accepted visible and above all defiant.

So if your going to be outrageous, do it safely! With a group, with safe ways to exit, mobiles handy to call police for protection etc.

Defy the oppressors but don't ignore the threat they represent. Make sure you take enough precautions without foregoing your liberty.

That way you can defy them even more :devil:

Holly
10-25-2008, 11:34 AM
... So here's my question? "After we are out for a while, is it The Norm to start getting a bit more militant, a little more in-your face?" I think that's happening with me. Or, I really got effected today by Batty's Message and wanted to prove I was actively working in The Struggle. Either way.....it sure felt good!
Maybe not so much a feeling of "in-your-face" as much as it is a feeling of in-our-place. When I go out, there is no attitude of, "I'm going to show you!" I go out just to be myself. I have nothing left I need to prove. If my presence there is beneficial in getting someone to adjust their attitude, then that's a plus.

Nicole Erin
10-25-2008, 12:54 PM
When I go out dressed I tend to dress appropriate.
If it is a club or something then yeah the legs will be flaunted but normally not.
And yeah after a while it just gets difficult to hang onto that fear and care.

It is like same thing for most situations -at first you are scared but after a while you get tired of being afraid and let go.

trannie T
10-25-2008, 02:28 PM
We all remember the first time we ventured out, we were terrified. The second time was not quite as scary. The more we get out the easier it becomes. The easier it becomes the farther out we will venture.