PDA

View Full Version : My Marriage is Over

JennaDesire
10-25-2008, 06:34 PM
Well, I never thought it would come to this, but my wife of 14 years has asked for a separation. She wants me to move out within a month. A little background first. I have been dressing my whole life(always in secret), it is a part of me. I have tried to stop multiple times by purging only to start up again within a few months. About 1 year ago, my wife found my stuff and confronted me. She told me that she cannot live with somebody like me, and that I needed to stop or get out. Well I stopped for a little while only to start again. She found more stuff in August and that was it, or so I thought. A couple of months passed and she was great to me. Last week she dropped the bomb on me, told me she cannot live like this anymore and she wants to split up. Big problem here. I have 3 children. While I have accepted the fact that my marriage is beyond repair, I don't know how easy it will be to leave my children. What I can say is that one thing that I think about is how nice it would be to not have to hide anymore. I have been wanting to break out my whole life, but not at the expense of my family. I guess I need a little advise here. Knowing that my marriage is beyond repair, do I leave and see how my children handle it, or do I stay home and contine to leave Jenna in the closet. I am not sure if this is much of an option as my wife has told me multiple times that she does not want me here at all. What do I do?

Vicki65
10-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Phew... I dont really have any advice for you, other than to offer my heartfelt sympathy. I was divorced some ten years ago (nothing to do with CDing), with a young child who went to live with my ex. It felt like the end of the world.

However, time is a great healer, and now my ex and I get on fine, I'm married again to a wonderful lady who understands CDing is part of me, and my son and I have a fantastic relationship.

Whatever happens, and whatever path you choose, things have a way of working themselves out. Try to stay positive.

Shelly Preston
10-25-2008, 06:51 PM
Hi Jenna

Have you considered counselling as it may be a way to save your marriage

I know it wont be easy but it may be worth trying

Deborah Jane
10-25-2008, 06:58 PM
Hi Jenna, i went through pretty much the same situation as you 2 years ago.
My wife was dead against my c/ding and told me to leave, i,ve got 3 children too.
If you need to chat to someone whos been there, feel free to PM me whenever you like

Good luck for the future :hugs:

SexyLatexSamantha
10-25-2008, 06:59 PM
I am so sorry to hear this. I wish I knew what to say. Maybe councelling. Anything is worth a shot. 14 years is a long time. I hope something can be done to save your marriage. We are here to talk to though. Don't be afriad to talk to us if you need to.

Amy Hepker
10-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Well,
I have been through many relationships and I will tell you that you are pretty much done. I just went through another Lady that left me because of my dressing. I am sorry to tell you this, but since she has been really nice to you the last few months, she was either planning on how she was going to get you out or she has already found someone else. Either way you can pretty much kiss your relationship with her goodbye. Even if she says you can stay longer, I will tell you she will be looking for someone else. As far as the kids go, well you are up a creek without a paddle unless you can prove she is an unfit mother and you can get custody. That would only really happen if she was a criminal, or was into drugs and you can prove it, or she beats the kids or neglect them. Otherwise you can figure you will have to let her have the kids and pay Child support. As far as seeing the kids, that would be up to the courts or your wife at this point. She usually cannot keep you from seeing the kids unless you are a really bad father. I would say look for a motel that rents by the week and start your new life from there.

As far as you, you cannot keep lying to yourself and others, you are who you are inside and to keep hiding it is not healthy for you or your relationships. It will not be easy, but you will feel better about yourself and be more confident being yourself, but remember it is hard to find a new Female partner when you are dressed as a female. You are not true Female so Lesbians will not want you and so-called normal females will not want you. It is hard really hard to find someone out there that will want you as a mate.

fluffy_kingston
10-25-2008, 07:07 PM
I am so sorry. I don't have much to offer. Sometimes there are no good choices.

Tracii G
10-25-2008, 07:18 PM
Just because you separate don't shut your kids out spend time with them.
If she says you can't see them thats bull you have every right to see them they are yours too.Don't let her use the kids as a way to get back at you its not fair to the kids.

Sally24
10-25-2008, 07:23 PM
This is a divorce, that doesn't mean YOU have to leave. She's the one that wants a divorce, she should be the one to move. If you love your children and want to have them with you then start preparing to fight for them. Don't just roll over and let her decide how your life goes from here.

As far as your femme side, yes this may be a good time to start figuring out how it fits into a new life for you.

Daintre
10-25-2008, 07:25 PM
Jenna, all I can offer you is my condolences. Like you, I was married 13 years before my dressing broke the camels back, she was aware but hated it so much. We both had counseling, and it was her counselor who suggested divorce. Custody of children is quagmire, in my case, my wife got custody and I got visitation rights.....it all sucked.... But believe me, things may look bleak now, but life will improve.

2B Natasha
10-25-2008, 07:26 PM
You can't stay home. She wants you out. Counseling is not the answer either. I went through he same situation not a month ago. 3 months of counseling and all. All that I got out of it was A. From the counselor, that CD ing is normal and nothing wrong with it. It's just part of who some people are. B. There is no was in heck that she was going to accept anything else but my total surrender to her on the subject IE Stop all together she thinks I am mental and she wants a "Real Man" what eve the hell that is!? Anything out side vanilla sex and clearly defined gender rolls is not acceptable. To hell with that. I spent 1/2 my life lying to myself about who I was and what I was. I was not going to spend the rest of it doing the same thing

Thanks to the economy I had/have a second house, so I moved there. Prior to that, we sat down and came up with a little schedule for having our child with me and with her. Mostly he is with her, as we bought the other house so he could have more room to run and play. So I moved. I did send her an email saying that this is temporary and that if we decided to get a divorce that this in no way should be construed as a final decision on how to split the marital goods or child living arrangements, from either side. (Just in case)

At first I thought I would be miserable. After 22 years with the same GG I could begin ho think about life alone. We started dating when we where 17. Then when I moved. I was relieved, free, unshackled. The knot in my back left. The pain in my arm left. I am happier and my out look on life is better. Not just that I can dress anyway I want but no more secrets and no more denial about who I am.

So sit down with her and come up with a schedule for you to be with the kids. Perhaps it is two nights a week and she goes out to see a movie or shop or what ever, don't ask her. You then go "Home" to be with the kids. Don't leave them. don't punish the kids just because you and her can't get along on this topic. They didn't do anything. AND YOU NEED TO MAKE THEM FEEL THAT WAY. THEY DID NOTHING WRONG AND DADDY LOVES THEM NO MATTER WHAT. One of the other ladies said you could PM her if you needed to talk about it. I also extend that offer to you. Please, please, please, talk about it and don't let it eat you up or feel that you are the only one and alone. :itsok:

Erica Lauren James
10-25-2008, 07:45 PM
Been there done that but I agree with Lisalotte above me. The things she suggested would be good advice to follow.

Just let your focus be on your kids, let them know often how much you love them and that they are your number 1 priority.

It worked for me as my ex was engaged 8 weeks after our divorice and married within 6 months and expecting a baby.
We were married for 14 and dated for 5yrs, I also told her about my other side 3yrs before we were married.

I focused on my kids and whenever they have something to do they always ask me rather than their mom. Also when I have more space they have also told their mom that they will be moving in with me.

So just don't roll over and give everything up, but be fair and keep your kids in mind always.

Best of luck

Erica

Sheila
10-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Jenna, staying home and going back in the closet is not an option hun , you have tried that and know that it can't be done.

None of us here can really really give you anything but genaral advice, we know you and your wife not at all, nor your unique circumstances, but the one thing I will say is, make your kids and your relationship with them your top priority, everything else comes a long way behind.

I wish you calmness to face this troubled time, and an easy road into your future :hugs:

Holly
10-25-2008, 07:53 PM
Jenna, there is not a lot to go on here. 14 years is quite an investment, though to just casually walk away from. If the two of you have not sought outside help, it could be of great benefit in getting to what the real issues are. It's not usually the dressing, as many of our GG members here can testify to. I don't know if your marriage is salvagable or not, but from what I have read in your post, you still have some avenues to explore before declaring this union dead.

Maria2222
10-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I am so sorry for you Jenna. I've always hated the thought that a person sometimes has to choose between being married and being a CD. Often, you wouldn't willingly give either one of them up if you had the choice. As far as giving up being a CD, I feel it's inborn in you and it will always be there no matter what you do. I hope things work out.
:hugs:

robb01
10-25-2008, 08:07 PM
Sorry to hear that http://1person1million.com/img/526/m08j1006unuf/frown.gif

Oddlee
10-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Jenna, there is not a lot to go on here. 14 years is quite an investment, though to just casually walk away from. If the two of you have not sought outside help, it could be of great benefit in getting to what the real issues are. It's not usually the dressing, as many of our GG members here can testify to. I don't know if your marriage is salvagable or not, but from what I have read in your post, you still have some avenues to explore before declaring this union dead.

I agree with both Holly and Sally24 - I went through a divorce that had nothing to do with my dressing. We tried counseling, and mediation during the divorce. I was able to get joint custody of our daughter, who ended up living with me half time (started out alternate weeks, then went to alternate fortnights). I ended up moving out, but we had a deal that if ex could not find financing, I could keep the house.

As has been said, don't just roll over. Get an attorney who will protect your rights.

Lee

Marjory
10-25-2008, 08:34 PM
I don't think there's any hope. My first marriage went south and my wife knew I CDed before we were married yet she sited the CDing as the cause. Get a good woman lawyer and make sure you know the laws in NY. Protect yourself, it could cost you a lot of money and living becomes damned near impossible with child support even w/o alimony. A really good lawyer could make a difference... spend the extra money now.

avril findlay
10-25-2008, 08:41 PM
A clean break with no animosity on either side.
Sit down, talk.

Love

Avril

Bigbad
10-25-2008, 08:42 PM
(((((((((((((((((((((((JennaDesire)))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))

:worried:

Angie G
10-25-2008, 08:50 PM
I'm sorry to get this news Denna and can only imagine what you feeling. If just talking helps You can PM me here And I'll get back to you hun.:hugs:
Angie
PS Don't go let her leave it better for you legally in a divorce case hun.:hugs:
Angie

MJ
10-25-2008, 08:55 PM
I too was in the same situation as you 4 years ago. if i may say counseling might be a good start. and please don't be too hard on yourself. you must try to understand your hard wired from birth no matter how hard you try you just cant stop.
also you must try to understand your wife is just not wired for this type of behavior she fell in love with the man ..not the woman hiding within and just cannot understand why on earth you want to dress up as a girl or wear womans clothing. my ex was the same way.
your children come first always show them you love them. don't ever let your wife put you down either in front of the children or when your not there. if you can't salvage your marriage try to be respectful kids pick up on that.
and never give up i have 4 children and today they all accept me as mj and i see them often. i wish you all the best ..

JennaDesire
10-25-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks for all the quick responses. I have no intention of hurting the kids. The problem is my wife is telling me that this is damaging her mentally. When somebody tells you this and also keeps telling you that they dont want you anymore, sometimes you feel that the only way is to leave. She does not want to go for counseling. I have been going for the past year and it has made me accept who I am.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-25-2008, 09:29 PM
You can PM me if you'd like. I was married for 16 yrs, I under dressed pretty much all the time, never fully dressed. After 16 years she wanted a divorce stated many reasons, cd'ing was one of about 30 reasons she gave. But the main reason in my view was the boyfriend she had, she wanted out for him. Our kids were 12 and 13 yrs at the time. My divorce took 4 1/2 yrs to happen, she wanted everything I agreed to 50/50.

Life does exist after a divorce, I let her have primary custody but I had visistation every other weekend. If custody is something you want fight for it, remember who has custody receives the child support from the other parent, otherwise you pay her. Anyhow, whether or not you tell your children about your crossdressing is up to you, I just recently told both my children both adults and living on their own now. They both knew for over 15 years about my crossdressing and they both accept me and still love me.

If you want to PM me, we can email back and forth, it helps to talk things out with someone who has gone thru it..:battingeyelashes:

arlene123li
10-25-2008, 09:42 PM
I've been through 2 marriages and this third one is in jeopardy due largely to my dressing. Trying to quit, purging and all that stuff never seems to work. It's so hard to be trapped in a no-win situation. I can see why they have such a hard time with us,...we do to. Time is a healing factor and the relationship with your kids is so important ...I know. There is life after divorce but unfortunately it doesn't seem like it for a long time...especially if marriage is pretty good otherwise.

Sorry that you have to go through that. I wish none of us ever did.

Jonianne
10-25-2008, 10:02 PM
.......She does not want to go for counseling. I have been going for the past year and it has made me accept who I am.

I have been there as well. My ex walked out of the counseling session and never returned. If there is a lasting love, maybe a tempory separation will help bring it to the forefront. I don't know, it didn't for me. After she left the counseling she never once asked to try to work it out again.

I got a place near the house so it was easy to be close to my children. We got joint custody with her as primary and within 6 months my oldest choose to come live with me. Later my youngest came to live with me when he turned the same age. I tried to keep everything as mellow as possible and always encouraged them to be close to their mother even though she was very hostile to me. I am very proud of both my children and am glad I stayed close so I could still be there for them as their dad.

april1978
10-25-2008, 10:15 PM
I think my SO is going to leave me to not for CDing tho. You have my condolences.

Kathy Leigh
10-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi Hon,

Been divorced twice but kids only the second time. CDing was not a factor.

Men think that when divorce occurs that the wife will get the kids and they will settle for visitation.

I made concessions on the money part of the divorce but gained equal custody.

I had every Tuesday and Wed. and every other weekend. This comes out to 14 days out of every 28.

I had to make some adjustments to my work schedule but the system worked well on number of levels. The children got to see each parent on a regular basis and each parent got a well needed rest after no more than four days of parenting.

This schedule was inflexible and never varied. No adjustment was made for birthdays or holidays. I you don't get your children this year for their birthday you will get the next year or the next. This makes for easy to negotiate as fighting over holidays or birthdays makes for emotional rather than logical responses.

I recommend the schedule I outlined above because every Thursday evening is a custody change. This means at Thanksgiving one party has the children early for lunch and the other party for dinner. This is important as Thanksgiving is the only Holiday always on the same weekday.

This arrangement worked well enough that for the 1o years we were divorced before my youngest turned 18 my ex and I never returned to court. Besides the inflexible but fair custody dates the most important detail was the "no seem um" custody changes. Custody changed at the end of the school day and the children went to the new parent straight from school. This is important as many fights between parents begin when one comes to the others home to pick up the kids.
Good luck hon. I wish you as little heartache as possible. Please feel free to write me if you want

Love,

Kathy Leigh

Tina B.
10-25-2008, 10:43 PM
Jenna, sorry to hear you have to go thought this. But you do have rights, each state is different, but all of them recognize the rights of a father much better than years ago, when I went through mine. GET A LAWYER, he can be your best friend at a time like this. He will know your rights as to joint custody, or visitation, and everything else you will need to know. Many a woman has been surprised to find out just how many rights a father has, they are you children, don't give up anything you can hold on to, they need their father in there lives.
Wishing you well, Tina

Nicole Erin
10-26-2008, 12:40 AM
Sometimes people just get bored of being married to the same person.
It is a rather daunting thought of being with the same person your whole life. [For sex and companionship, here is your ONE choice for this life] Gyod marriage sucks. I imagine someday I will be asking for advice about divorce, but luckily I have only one kid to pay for if that happens, and he is almost 12 so it is not like it will be 18 years of paying for some kid...

I work with this lady who was divorced after the kids had grown, she said her and her ex are still friends but their marriage was more like room mates.

vivianann
10-26-2008, 01:45 AM
Sorry to see your marriage on the skids, like some others have said see if you can save the marriage for the sake of the children and your wife, see if she would go for marriage counceling, you need to admit to her and the marriage councelor if you get one that you are a crossdresser, you have been hiding cding from her and she has found your stash twice, that will wreck most marriages, because the trust factor has been broken. You need to seek counceling my friend, I know it is scary to admit to anybody that you like to crossdress, but you need to, hiding cding from the wife is not the answer, now that she knows you need to have a heart to heart with her, beg for forgiveness for deceiving her, I truly hope you can save the marriage, as you have experienced you cannot stop dressing, the compulsion to dress becomes stronger as you get older, what ever you do, dont do anything that will make you look bad. My heart goes out to you my friend, :hugs:

Rachel Welsley
10-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Sometimes people just get bored of being married to the same person.
It is a rather daunting thought of being with the same person your whole life. [For sex and companionship, here is your ONE choice for this life] Gyod marriage sucks. I imagine someday I will be asking for advice about divorce, but luckily I have only one kid to pay for if that happens, and he is almost 12 so it is not like it will be 18 years of paying for some kid...

I work with this lady who was divorced after the kids had grown, she said her and her ex are still friends but their marriage was more like room mates.

I'll have to agree on this as my two previous marriages both lasted right at four years before she just got bored. I should've seen a pattern with my first ex as both of her previous relationships lasted right around 4 years and my second ex's longest relationship was about two years. when it comes to the children, don't use them, or let her use them as a tool to make the other feel guilty or to get back at each other. this is how my parents used me & I wound up hating them both for a long time afterward because I was being used to make the other one mad which they took as me just being a problem child. It was only in the past couple of years that we managed to get everything back on an even keel so whatever you do, don't use the kids as a tool

quietone
10-26-2008, 06:50 AM
Well, I never thought it would come to this, but my wife of 14 years has asked for a separation. She wants me to move out within a month. A little background first. I have been dressing my whole life(always in secret), it is a part of me. I have tried to stop multiple times by purging only to start up again within a few months. About 1 year ago, my wife found my stuff and confronted me. She told me that she cannot live with somebody like me, and that I needed to stop or get out. Well I stopped for a little while only to start again. She found more stuff in August and that was it, or so I thought. A couple of months passed and she was great to me. Last week she dropped the bomb on me, told me she cannot live like this anymore and she wants to split up. Big problem here. I have 3 children. While I have accepted the fact that my marriage is beyond repair, I don't know how easy it will be to leave my children. What I can say is that one thing that I think about is how nice it would be to not have to hide anymore. I have been wanting to break out my whole life, but not at the expense of my family. I guess I need a little advise here. Knowing that my marriage is beyond repair, do I leave and see how my children handle it, or do I stay home and contine to leave Jenna in the closet. I am not sure if this is much of an option as my wife has told me multiple times that she does not want me here at all. What do I do? girl i feel 4 you because it makes me wonder the same in my relationship. i am so scared that could happen 2 me 2. i opened up 2 my wife about a year a year ago.she thought i was having an affair when she found my clothe. so i had 2 explain 2 her she didnt take it 2 well. but were still together thank god. i have 5 children and been married 16yrs.she knows that i crossdress but she tries 2 ignore my situation. i do my best 2 hide all my clothing so that she doesnt see it.it sucks and hurts so much when your spouse doesnt support you .but you do your best 2 try 2 block it out mentally.i feel your wife is already having an affair and thats her excuse to try 2 end your marriage. when 2 people really love each other theyd try anything to work it out. believe me theres more to your wifes excuses for ending your relationship.theres no doubt in my mind shes been cheating on you and this is her way of ending your marriage. she trying 2 make you look like the guilty party.and i tell you this the day my wife tells me the same ill walk out and move on with my life.life is 2 short and precious. just do your best 2 keep a good relationship with your kids those are your main focus in life. in due time you will feel much better with yourself. godbless you and good luck.

paulaN
10-26-2008, 09:08 AM
You have gotten some good advice and some not so good IMHO. I am going through the same thing only I have been married for 31 years and my kids are grown and in collage. I would like to talk to you and tell you what is happening in my divorce. so PM me and I will try my best to help.

Miss Tessa
10-26-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm so very sorry but I am young and even though I have a son I have never been married so I don't really have any advice.

My baby's mom is ok with my TS because she's a bisexual underground music freak.

JennaDesire
10-27-2008, 10:37 PM
As each day passes, the divide grows between me and my wife. What started out as her talking about separating, has just changed to divorce. All she tells me is that she does not understand how I cannot stop. When I tell her it is a part of me, she tells me that if thats the case, there is no way she can be with me. I have thought that she may be cheating on me also, so I am not sure how much longer I can fight this. It is very depressing.

obsessedwithpantyhose
10-27-2008, 10:50 PM
its simple Jenna,, shes the one with the problem so tell her to get the "F" out...

melissacd
10-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Jenna,

It is a very depressing process, however, there is life after all the dust settles.

You are who you are, despite what she feels and she is entitled to her opinion and feelings about all of this as well. How much do you want to invest in trying to change her mind ( I spent a decade trying to do that without success)? Perhaps that energy is best spent getting on with your life, developing your relationship with your children and finding a partner who will be supportive and accepting of who you are.

It is a bitter pill to swallow but some will never accept no matter how hard you try. Sometimes you just have to bow out gracefully, recognizing that perhaps it is better for both of you to take different paths in life.

I wish you all the best.

Huggs
Melissa

Erica in hose
10-27-2008, 11:27 PM
its simple Jenna,, shes the one with the problem so tell her to get the "F" out...

I agree with this philosophy 100%!

Carly CD
10-27-2008, 11:44 PM
Like the others have said,this can seem like the end of the world.I got divorced 10 years ago.Since then I meet the best women in the world and remarried.In jan I lost my job of ten years and 4 days later was able to get my dream job.So sometimes bad things are just blessings in disguse.Right now the main thing is your kids.when i got divorced we had a 9 month old son.Well we had shared parenting till he reached the 1st grade and he's been living with me ever since.Take my advice,get the best highest dollor female lawyer you can find and let them do all the work and talking.Guys can get there kids,and my ex wasn't a druggie,child beater or anything like that.The key is a great lawyer.Also remember child support is a option,your wife can wave you paying support.I don't make my ex pay it.Again a good lawyer can help with that too.Just be tough and hang in there.....as the old saying goes...."this shall pass too".

Rachel Welsley
10-28-2008, 03:03 AM
Also remember child support is a option,your wife can wave you paying support.

this really depends on the state. my first ex and I agreed & put a no pay agreement in or paperwork but the judge threw that part out stating that in Kansas, the non custodial parent MUST pay support. to make up for it we put a clause in the paperwork that stated that I get to claim my daughter for tax purposes every even year. so no pay agreements really differ from state to state. I agree with Carly, get the best female lawyer you can find. it may cost a lot but you'll come out better in the long run

JaytoJillian
10-28-2008, 03:54 AM
I feel your pain and I wish you nothing but the best. My marriage was bad BEFORE I "confessed" to CDing. Now it is unbearable. For me, it is like living with the schoolyard bully who not only pushes you around, but threatens to spill all your secrets if you fight back in any way. Ugh, I wonder how I got here. I'm sorry about your situation.

Jill

KATIE TV
10-28-2008, 04:22 AM
Jenna, You are in a very bad situation at the moment and it sounds like the divorce is going to happen. So all I can say to you is look to the future and be positive, something good could come out of this, mainly you can be yourself and live how you want to, Finding a new lady to live with (if that’s what you decide you want) wont be easy but it is in no way imposable. When I got divorced 3 years ago, after 22 years of marriage, nothing to do with my dressing other than the fact I was living a lie and was very depressed about it, I came “out of the closet” and started living how I always wanted to. I placed an add in a local papers dating page stating how I was (a CD) and surprise-surprise got a number of replies, I have been with “J” a GG for over 2 years now and have never been happier. So try and get over this as best as you can and who knows this could be the start of a new and great life for you. Lots of luck. Love Katie.

shani
10-28-2008, 04:52 AM
it takes two to fall in love. it takes two to fall out of love. i could tell u my life story but wgaf. (work that one out) the one thing i learn't was if u love your kids and are true and consistant with them, most of the time they will cope. my kids from two marrages and one suicide are very well adjusted and moving on with there lives, all be it a few bumps along the way. get yourself where you want to be in your mind and body, be true to them and they will be true to you. i know that this may not be the case all the time, but it sure as hell worked for me..... and my so, who at 17 helped me through this, gain strenght through where u want to go and be... kids are tougher than we give them credit for, be honest mwaah

Magickman
10-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Marital dissolution is a frequent and recurring theme, not only among those who dress up, but generally in the married population.

The breakups have many causes, but the consequences are usually the same. Few people are happy about the end of their marriage.

Every divorce has genesis in the wedding day, which ought give people more cause for caution. I feel sadness for all the people who have to endure the failure of their marriages. It is not pretty.

Were we smarter, we would find ways to avoid divorce. But we are not. Couples cannot always sustain their relationship. Things go south.

My take on this is that marriage is a poor decision, not the best way to order our lives. When so many things can go wrong, why take the risk?

2b.Lauren
10-28-2008, 10:29 AM
As a therapist I can say that the information provided by others are right on. I am not in the advice business when I wear that hat, but I am not really wearing that totally in this post. There are many deal breakers that both you and your wife have or share. You don't want to put Jenna out forever, and she is not willing to have her as part of the equation. So both of these seem to be deal breakers as it pertains to saving your marriage. I am sure that if you look a little deeper there may be other things that attributed to the marital difficulties other than or not limited to CDing. Reluctantly, I too am in a marital situation that is just probably not going to improve and none of this is related to CDing at all. I have many decisions to make as to my future. Your children are the most important part of all of this now. I feel that once the couple has reached the point where their love or bond is broken and can not be fixed the attention has to move to the kids. They need to know how important they are to you daily, that it is not their fault, and that both of you love them, but that mom and dad are not in love with each other. Provide them with the best example possible to show how important they are and how much they are loved. Joint custody in this is what you should petition for. Physical custody is a different subject all together and will take more time to resolve. Just think about what is in the best interest of them, and don't allow bitterness to take over and poison any efforts to protect their well beings. Continue counseling as you have been, I can say if not for my own counselor I would have not made it as long as I have thus far. I wish you all the best and if you need someone to vent to or talk to please PM me anytime.

Best Wishes
Lauren

Shadeauxmarie
10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
My condolences.

Do NOT move out. If she can't sleep in the same bed with you , then sleep on the couch. It's YOUR house too. Leaving can be construed as an admission of guilt. You are NOT guilty of anything.

Seek a lawyer immediately. Follow their advice. It may hurt, but there's a great deal at stake here.

WE are here for you.

Billie Jean
10-28-2008, 05:37 PM
This is a divorce, that doesn't mean YOU have to leave. She's the one that wants a divorce, she should be the one to move. If you love your children and want to have them with you then start preparing to fight for them. Don't just roll over and let her decide how your life goes from here.

As far as your femme side, yes this may be a good time to start figuring out how it fits into a new life for you.Amen to that. Stand up for yourself and your right to see your children. Billie Jean

Sweet Cindy
10-28-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Jenna. What a horrible situation to be in. Stories like yours are what scare me into purging...

I honestly don't know what the hell I'd do in your position. Every situation (and person) is different but I hope you can come to a resolution that's best for you and your children.

My thoughts are with you. Best of luck.

Josephine 1941
10-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Hi Jenna , Sally24 is right do not move out you will then be the bad Gurl. I went thur the same thing in 05 and stayed she had to pay me off and I did not have to leave until she agreed. Your children now know that u dress they will get over it and accepeted you. Mine did and all of us are happy to a point the kids will grow up and have there own openion. I have a wonderful GG now the only problem we have is that my nails when I grow them are great an she said she hates me for them :tongueou You are now in the battle for us to wear any type of cloths that we like welcome to the battle. :devil: :happy::c9::cheers::jumping::kickbutt::roflmao:

Samantha Thomson
10-28-2008, 11:32 PM
hello jenna i dont know about your state but it seems your marriage is over all i can say is get a lawyer and you will probaly have to fight her also if you are sole owner of the house at least in my state i would show her the door well good luck

samantha

JennaDesire
10-29-2008, 10:25 PM
Well, it looks like I have made quite a few new friends here. All I can say is THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT! It makes me feel better to know that I have some friends out there that knows exactly what I am going through and wants to help me. A quick update on my situation. I have been trying to open the lines of communication with my wife Maria for the last week or so, to mixed results. It seems that every time I try to talk to her she tries to avoid me, but with a little prodding she opens up a little. While she is pretty clear on her intentions to end our marriage, it does not seem like she has the desire to go through with it. She tells me that it is embarrasing for her to end it. What I can say about me is that the thought of stopping the dressing crops up, but in the end I know that the desire is always inside me, so how far will that get me? It will be a constant battle that will have long term effects on me and my wife. As I type this I am having mixed emotions about my situation. On one hand, I still love my wife and dread not being married to her anymore. On the other hand the thought of being free is a little exiting, and is making me want to leave a little. Also, her constantly telling me that she wants me out plays a part in that to. I am thinking about giving her some space for a few days and revisiting discussions as the longer this drags out the more emotionally draining it is becoming. I love all of you and thanks so much for your support!!!!!!!!

Sheila_D
10-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Well I'm sorry that you are going through this. I've been doing this for a long time now and no one knows. I'm sure if my family knew they wou'dn't support me. My only advice would just to try and talk, talking usually helps and just see where that goes.

cathycduk
10-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Hi Jenna,
I'm in the same position, the only difference is my wife found out about my dressing over 6 years ago. After the initial shock she said she would accept it and over the next few years she helped me buy clothes and makeup.
Out of the blue in June she said we had to talk and in tears said she did'nt love me anymore and wanted a divorce.
I am out the house in a rented apartment and she has made it clear that there is no way back.
We has been together 18 years and married 15 with 2 kids, i wish i had some answers for you but i dont,i just understand your pain as i'm having the same as i write.
I wish you the best and hope you come thru all this as quick as possible

Cathy

Carly B
10-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Your kids will miss you but in the end being in a house where your parents don't get along is way worse then having them live in two places, know that one from experience as a kid. One thing to think about is when you are happy with yourself people notice and your kids will notice in time. As some one else said time is a great healer. I have just spent the last 11 years raising two boys myself full time, my youngest is 16 now. They have both told me a few times over the years that the ex and I being a part was much better then when we were together arguing all the time. Trying to keep a marrage alive for the kids really doesn't help the kids in the long run. Good luck in what ever you decide