PDA

View Full Version : It has been a wonderful day

StephanieT
10-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Since I shaved my stash and gone out once, I decided I need to take another step in being able to pass. Since my hair is long, I tried to make it work but I am challenged by male receeding hairline. So it is time to buy a wig. I went looking online for local stores and found a small shop nearby. I sent an email stating that I was a crossdresser and that I was looking for wigs in a large cap size. She sent an email back saying she had a few and if I told her what style and color, she would order some more. Since she was receptive to the idea of a crossdresser coming in for a wig, I stopped by her shop today. When I went in, I said I sent you an email and she said your Stephanie and I was in full guy mode, I had to stop by mens warehouse first to get my suit altered, since I lost 40lbs, I had to have it altered. Don't think mens wearhouse could handle me dressed and having my suit altered.
The owner of the wig shop, who works by her self, got out several wigs and we started trying them on me. Once they were on, she would comb and style them trying to get them to look right. At one point she said she was having fun doing the combing and styling. I finally decided on one and paid. Even though she looked at my ID to verify who I was for my debit card purchase, she said thank you Stephanie for your purchase and Stephanie if you want another wig in the future, call me and I will make sure I have many choices in a large cap size when you come in. I am on cloud 9, I have a new wig and I can't wait to go out wearing it. I feel as giddy as a school girl getting ready for her first date. When I get a bit more comfortable I might even post pics.:battingeyelashes:

robb01
10-25-2008, 08:08 PM
:) I think we all remember that feeling http://1person1million.com/img/526/r08c1006bidc/biggrin.gif

unclejoann
10-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Sounds like you have a new friend.

Holly
10-25-2008, 08:18 PM
That's terrific, Stephanie. Now that you have your wig, why don't you pick up your altered suit at MW wearing it? :D

StephanieT
10-25-2008, 08:24 PM
Ok so I go into MW dressed. I will be 6'4 in my 3inch heels. Since I am sure they will want me to try it on to verify the alterations are correct, I will be trying my suit on with the wig, full makeup and heels. How can they check to see if the length on the pants is correct if I am wearing heels? And no I can't wear heels with my suit but I would love to try.

Angie G
10-25-2008, 08:26 PM
Way to go Stephanie.:hugs:
Angie

StephanieT
10-25-2008, 10:54 PM
It is still a great day, I can't stay away from a mirror for more than a few minutes. I can't believe what a change the wig makes. I have to get out. Maybe the mall in the morning. Sunday mornings are usually dead at the mall. I may not be cute but I am definately not an ugly guy dressed as a woman.

CD Susan
10-25-2008, 11:27 PM
Way to go Stephanie. I am so happy for you. You have more courage than most girls starting out. It is a great feeling isn't it?

StephanieT
10-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Way to go Stephanie. I am so happy for you. You have more courage than most girls starting out. It is a great feeling isn't it?
It is more than great, I have never felt like this before. So this is what the Pink Fog really feels like. I also have to note that I decided to go Brunette rather than blonde but with Blonde highlights and a blonde under layer. I love the look. A more modern hairstyle.

JenniferR771
10-26-2008, 09:42 AM
Way to go Steph! You have probably inspired others. Like you said, it was easy. Find a wig shop online. Email them to see if they will accomodate a cd. Then drop by when business is slow or at a time they suggest. A fun experience you had, for sure.

joann426
10-26-2008, 09:52 AM
i do remember that day also when i went to a wig shop and now its just a regular thing:)

StephanieT
10-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Well I did it, I went to the mall. I had to get out. I got there a little later than I hoped since It took me too long to get ready. When I got there at 11:30 there were a few too many teenagers for me to be comfortable. I went in and walked up and down half the mall and then left. No comments from anyone but I did get a few strange looks. I didn't take any pictures at the mall but here is one I took when I got home.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=737&pictureid=5850

Tiffany8
10-26-2008, 02:49 PM
:^5: Way to go Stephanie

Teri Jean
10-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Sephanie, I'm glad you have gotten that far and the gal at the wig store is really supportive. Maybe a card to thank her would be in order. Just a thought. Hugs Keli

StephanieT
10-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Maybe a card to thank her would be in order. Just a thought. Hugs Keli

I already sent her an email with my sincere thanks. I have been having soo much fun with this new wig, I decided I need another one only in Blonde. I sent her an email telling her how much fun I have been having and told her I need another one in Blonde. I will be going in to the shop in about a week to try more on. If I only knew what a wig would do for my confidence, I would have done i a long time ago.:hugs:Steph