PDA

View Full Version : I am who i am....You are who you are!!

Deborah Jane
10-26-2008, 11:05 AM
I am not a guy
I am not a girl
I have no label
I am me
I am an individual
This is who i am
I live my life as myself

I am who i am
And
You are who you are

KariLynn
10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Really great way to view yourself. If more people would think this way there would by a lot less hypocracy.

LilSissyStevie
10-26-2008, 11:25 AM
Always remember what the Duchess said in Alice in Wonderland. (Hint: It's in my signiture):D

Nadia-Maria
10-26-2008, 11:27 AM
I am not a girl
I have no label

As for me, I strongly believed you were a blonde ....:battingeyelashes:

Kisses

Nadia

sissystephanie
10-26-2008, 12:24 PM
I am not a guy
I am not a girl
I have no label
I am me
I am an individual
This is who i am
I live my life as myself

I am who i am
And
You are who you are

Partially Fits!! I was a guy for my late wife and I am a guy for my darling GGF. But I am also her girlfriend, as I was for my wife.

I am a CD, who finds great comfort in dressing as a female. That is who I am, take me or leave me!

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Kate Simmons
10-26-2008, 12:46 PM
There are many Zero Points. We arrive at our own personal Zero Point when we realize we are who we are, nothing more and nothing less and are self defined. Does this mean the adventure is over? Far from it. It means the adventure has just begun and we re-invent ourselves as we go along as needed. This puts us at the helm of our own destiny.:)

avril findlay
10-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Yes all very well.
But do you come from a reputable family?

Avril

PamelaTX
10-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Oh I agree so much!

Notice how when you really get to know someone the labels just fade into the background. The labels that seem so important matter the least with respect to the most important people in our lives.

Have you also noticed how you can be one way with one person and another way with someone else, and the two ways of interacting are utterly different? What does that make you?

We are many different things to many different people and that's the beauty of being human. Meeting a new person is an opportunity to explore a whole new universe of possibilities.

Thanks for the post.

MJ
10-26-2008, 01:24 PM
Thanks Debs that pretty well sums it up for me too

Edyta_C
10-26-2008, 01:29 PM
I am always me. I have been this way since I found my innerself last year. I hope everyone can accept me the way I am. You girls seems to.

Hugs Edyta

Tracii G
10-26-2008, 01:37 PM
That Q. caused my brain to catch on fire!Too deep for me.

trannie T
10-26-2008, 01:42 PM
I think it was put most eloquently by the philosopher Popeye, "I yam what I yam." I have posted many times that we are all individuals. Each one of us has a unique personality.

mykhelee
10-26-2008, 02:55 PM
Yay Deborah Jane!

I am always a man
Sometimes I am more than a man
I will not accept society's label
I can only be who I am
No longer will I hide

We all hope for that day when society will accept us for who we are. Not holding my breath, ya just pass out and start breathing again.

az_azeel
10-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Well Said Debs.... in fact our Chesney said it also....
EJxxYlcN0Is

Nadia-Maria
10-27-2008, 07:19 AM
I think it was put most eloquently by the philosopher Popeye, "I yam what I yam." I have posted many times that we are all individuals. Each one of us has a unique personality.

At Popeye's level, it's great philosophy.
From a more educated point of view, it may fall rather short.

The differences in personality ("differential psychology") are a topic that one can consider very superficially or more in-depth.

For those who want to go beyond the triviality, please go for instance at :
http://www.personality-project.org

Here is how it begins :

<< Personality and Individual Differences-- An overview

That people differ from each other is obvious. How and why they differ is less clear and is the subject of the scientific study of personality and individual differences. Although to study individual differences seems to be to study variance, how are people different, it is also to study central tendency, how well can a person be described in terms of an overall within-person average. Indeed, perhaps the most important question of individual differences is whether people are more similar to themselves over time and across situations than they are to others, and whether the variation within a single person across time and situation is less than the variation between people. A related question is that of similarity, for people differ in their similarities to each other. Questions of whether particular groups (e.g., groupings by sex, culture, age, or ethnicity) are more similar within than between groups are also questions of individual differences. >>

Kisses to all

Nadia

TGMarla
10-27-2008, 07:44 AM
You is who you is, I yam what I yam!

suzy cool
10-27-2008, 02:51 PM
I might not be.:doh: