PDA

View Full Version : Self perception

Jenna Stunned
10-26-2008, 05:57 PM
How does "one" see its self????

Its easy to see a photo of someone else and decide what they might think of the picture. Whats good or whats wrong with the picture. But how often does ones self opinion aline with others opinion's of ones self????

I dont think there is a photo that i could take where i could look at it and say " wow that looks like a woman". cause i will always see something other than that of the beholder. I will always see me, or something that is me.

I guess what im tring to ask is, can {or do} people see them selves as others see them???

Holly
10-26-2008, 06:00 PM
...I will always see me, or something that is me.

I guess what im tring to ask is, can {or do} people see them selves as others see them???I think you hit upon one of the keys... how do you see yourself?:thinking:

Nicole Erin
10-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I think I look alright made up but I am never quite 100% happy with out it came out.
Some say I look really good but I just don't see it, I see "ok" but never really pretty.

Jenna Stunned
10-26-2008, 06:24 PM
I think I look alright made up but I am never quite 100% happy with out it came out.
Some say I look really good but I just don't see it, I see "ok" but never really pretty.

well put. exactly what i was getting at.

oh and my 2 cents say that you do look good.:)

MAJESTYK
10-26-2008, 06:30 PM
The other day at work, I showed some co-workers a picture of me in my "Halloween" costume. Most of them didnt believe it was me and they all said that I looked like a "real " woman. Even when I emailed it to my sister, the first thing that she said was that she thought that it was a woman...:eek: I however, must be more harsh on myself because , even though it doesnt look like the male me, I dont think I make that convincing a female. I suppose we can be a little harsh on ourselves. It probably has to do with the fact that we , as crossdressrs, have an " ideal" of women in our heads that isnt exactly in line with reallity in that women come in all shapes, sizes and varietys.

Deborah Jane
10-26-2008, 06:36 PM
I guess it,s self perception
When we transform ourselves we see the whole cycle, going from male to female.
No matter how we look when we,ve finished, we still see the guy underneath!
Other people only see the end result, what appears to them as the female we are trying to be, although with the knowledge here that we are c/ders!

Other people in the outside world with no prior knowledge of who we are normally take us at face value. Most times if we are presenting as female, there is know reason for them to question what their eyes and brains are telling them and they won,t give us a second look.

docrobbysherry
10-27-2008, 12:57 AM
There r so many different levels of acceptance among us. Some of us seem to be happy being a man-in-a-dress. While others r just happy resembling a female. Others aren't satisfied unless they feel they can "pass" when out in public.
And there r still others that aren't satified unless they feel they resemble an attractive woman.

I'm afraid I fall into the last catagory.

As to your question, U mite find this interesting. My female counterpart, Sherry, is a kind of Rorshatt test for CDs. Some here, see her/me as a CD cartoon character. Others r more understanding, but just tolerate my looks. I appreciate my friends here, and I also completely understand why many find my pics objectionable.

What keeps me going is: There r always a few who see the same woman in my pictures, that I see in the mirror!:hugs:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-27-2008, 01:08 AM
Those of us that learn to do this are like artists. Being an artist I think that most of us (including myself) are our own worst critics. Its hard to know when to stop, when enough is enough, or is it perfect?

So many variables for each of us.

I think I do just fine and the feedback I get reinforces that.

*hugs*

Zara

Mydia
10-27-2008, 01:26 AM
I see myself as the female human being that I am on the inside. I don't care if I have a pen0r for the time being or not.

I do not, however, think I am nearly as pretty as everyone tells me I am.

Miss Tessa
10-27-2008, 06:03 AM
I have found with myself in early transition especially when not made up quite well enough, that the pics I took was not passable as it could have been if I spent a few more minutes on my makeup or something....

And in real life, it is difficult for a T-girl to judge her own mannerisms and passability and especially her female voice.That takes alot of practice.

Though, there are Transsexuals who talk in there regular voice and just act like they really are without using and acquiring better, more refined female mannerisms and behavior.
That is a major turn off to me.And they are usually the older TS women. There was a Transwoman who worked for my parent's company that was extremely unpassable and everyone was able to clock her T....(read her).
She was not very feminine. She could have used some practice!

Kate Simmons
10-27-2008, 06:06 AM
I have a slightly different take on it. Of course I know it is always "me" no matter how I present, although en femme I am highlighting different aspects of my overall self and expressing the inner feelings. We are always going to be more self critical than anyone else though and how others may perceive us is entirely their own assessment. That is okay with me, since I'm not going to share details of what I went through to look this way if I'm presenting as Arianna, especially if I receive positive comments. There are after all shortcuts and tricks to looking good and the wise gal keeps those to herself and just enjoys the benefits.:battingeyelashes::)

Miss Tessa
10-27-2008, 06:12 AM
Hahaha I love it!! "A wise gal keeps those secrets to herself"

I keep my beauty tips secret from the public and the people I see on a daily basis, EXCEPT for the TG chicks I spend time with because we all try to help eachother be ladylike.

JanSmith
10-27-2008, 06:16 AM
Your words are perfect. Nothing more needs to to said.
" being feminine comes from within"