PDA

View Full Version : Cycles of Desire

Susan4
10-28-2008, 06:23 AM
This subject came up in another post and it was suggested I start a new thread.

So here's the issue .. cycles of desire?

I'm curious about the range of experience.

I feel the urge to dress every two weeks or so.

What about you?

Hugs

erickka
10-28-2008, 06:31 AM
I'll be the first to jump in here. I dress every day and drive 1 1/4 hrs to work, then spend about 2 hours at the shop before business hours as Erickka. The weekends, no, because I keep up with my obligations to my beloved wife.

LACD
10-28-2008, 06:34 AM
I feel the urge daily, but only get to dress maybe once or twice a week. Dear Wife doesn't mind, but other family members come over without notice. I guess if I could dress every day it would just become passe. I would love to get the chance to find out. I think I could vary my wardrobe to keep things interesting.

Jonianne
10-28-2008, 06:36 AM
Susan, I think about dressing every day, but only feel a strong desire to actually dress on average once a month. I need that, but sometimes I feel so ugly that I don't even want to do it then. But when I go ahead, I have never been disappointed. My desire is to go out once a month as well, but I only make it out about 4 or 5 times a year.

I have never had the desire "go away" entirely more than a few days as far back as I can remember.

Annemarie
10-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Often feel the urge, but actually dress only once a month.

cindyscute
10-28-2008, 06:45 AM
I get the feeling at least every few days. Try to dress every week or two, sometimes more. Depends on my free time and mood.

Teri Jean
10-28-2008, 06:49 AM
I dress daily to some degree and even then it is as much as I can get away with because of my work. :-) Keli

Phyliss
10-28-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm gonna go with the idea that by saying "dress" you mean "FULL" dress, wig, full makeup, heels, skirt / blouse, or dress and all "proper" underclothing.

I have that "urge" on a daily basis. The practically of my life says this isn't gonna happen, so , I "fly under the radar" if you will. "Proper" under things, ladies jeans or dress slacks, depending on the situation, ladies flannel shirt in cold weather, or polo shirt in warm temps. All my shoes are from Payless ladies section, with at most a 1" heel, for everyday wear. Higher heels for "full dress"
Of course some makeup, a bit of foundation, some pwder, light mascara, and a wipe or two of lippy. When going from one job to another I have some "clip ons" I can quickly put on. Unless I'm wearing my wig, my hair is now in a ponytail, kinda high.

So, I could almost say I "dress" everyday to satisfy my "urge" but what I'm guessing you mean is, "FULL" dress. Which I always have the urge to do.

Sharon B.
10-28-2008, 07:28 AM
I under dress on a daily basis, get fully dressed as a woman with makeup, heels and earrings about once a week. I get an urge to go out for a drive about every two weeks or so sometimes more or less. I usually go to a post office after hours to snail mail myself something. The last time was this past Sunday evening and I actually walked in there with other woman either coming or going while I was in there. No remarks or comment passed either way, just wished I would have had longer fingernails with nail polish on them.:heehee:

Deborah Jane
10-28-2008, 07:39 AM
I dress fully nearly every evening and sometimes for a whole day at the weekend.
In past i was able to go for years without dressing, but my most recent stop during the summer lasted barely two months and then my dressing came back with a vengeance.

TGMarla
10-28-2008, 07:43 AM
I dress 3 or 4 times a week, depending on how much work I need to get done around the house. But I have a desire to dress every day, and it seldom goes away. It's a wonder I get anything done at all!

TommiTN
10-28-2008, 07:43 AM
I'll come at this from a slightly different angle. I have the "urge" to fully dress every day. I cannot because of the socially conservative culture where I live. The girl in me finds this situation unacceptable and recently left me so, while the "urge" is still there, I haven't dressed in weeks. Having the urge is not the same as carrying through with it.

Mary Jane
10-28-2008, 07:53 AM
I think of dressing every day but usually only dress once a month due to the fact I can only dress when my wife is away at a monthly club meeting. Sometimes other opportunities come up and I may or may not take advantage of them.

Lesley Ann
10-28-2008, 08:23 AM
I dress everyday, I am sitting here at my computer fully dressed, and when I go out, I always dress in either ladies jeans or slacks, shirt, jumper, shoes and ofcourse lingerie. I just love being a girl:love:
Thank you for the thread, Lesley Ann:)

mykhelee
10-28-2008, 08:49 AM
I would dress everyday were I able to, opportunity just does not knock all that often.

Sara Jessica
10-28-2008, 09:09 AM
I replied "daily" but under protest of the wording.

For me, it's not an "urge" to dress. Rather, it's simply being who I am inside my heart. Underdressing doesn't cut it for me so I rarely, if ever, partake in that and I don't even have to be dressed to the nines to express my femininity.

I'd be much more at ease with my situation if I knew I could present in even the most simple of feminine wear at least while at home (jeans or leggings, cami tops, etc). Of course my life situation won't allow for that.

Angel.Marie76
10-28-2008, 09:20 AM
I generally have the urge to dress in some fashion every day lately, though can only underdress most of the time. When it comes to that, I try to have something femme on me, as long as the work clothes allow. I've been experimenting more and more at night after my son goes to bed, mostly wandering about the house dressed without makeup.. Long ago when I lived alone, I would often spend a weekend in a skirt and a nice top with stockings wandering around the house. I suppose if my son ever came to grips with my dressing in a positive light (he doesn't know), then I would have the option to dress nightly.. Some weekends have found me lately with tight hipster jeans and a nice sweater..

Samantha Kelsey
10-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Hi,

I voted for every day but maybe I shouldn't have voted at all because I don't really get a desire to dress. To me it's just normal daily life. I don't dress 24/7 maybe just 12 - 20 daily(ish).

Tomara
10-28-2008, 09:38 AM
For me the urge is daily , I mostly under dress (not at all passable) and am able to satisfy my urge on most days .
I know it is not for everyone but it works for me!
Tomara

jennylogan
10-28-2008, 09:48 AM
I dress every and any time I have the oportuinity to do so. The usual day is about 10-12 hours en femme per day with most of that time in the evenings after work. Usually sleep in female pajamas with bra, forms and panties. The urge never goes away and I stopped fighting it years ago.

Butterfly Bill
10-28-2008, 10:15 AM
I might have chosen 24/7. but there times when I am in my get-dirty clothes while working and there are times when I am naked.

StaceyJane
10-28-2008, 10:18 AM
I would love to dress everyday but as a practical point I can only dress about twice a week.

I would like to add that I am dressed en femme right now and I love it!!!!

Stacey

Margot
10-28-2008, 10:22 AM
I dress daily and something fem 24/7. I miss my dressing when I'm away for weekends visiting friends with my wife. Although I always, always take a nightie. I could not sleep without one now.
However; for dirty jobs around the yard I wear my crappy old jeans. I would never want to spoil my fem clothing.
:hugs:
Margot

janet73
10-28-2008, 10:40 AM
For me, it is cyclical...right now, I get the urge almost daily. In the past year, there have been periods where I have gone over a month or two. Can't put a finger on why the variance. I am sitting here fully dressed, feeling content and at peace. But, gotta go to lunch with a friend in a few hours, so back to male mode...

avril findlay
10-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Daily, and looking forward to early retirement so I can live as a woman 24/7.

Denise01
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
For me i voted daily, but that is really a cross between daily and full time.

I am fully underdressed 24/7 and always sleep in a nightie, except when i am visiting people that do not know of Denise, and that is difficult.

In the summer i work 7 days weeks, so my Denise time is limited to after I am finished work for the day.

Am off now till April, so when i go out other right around where i live, and not out there for business reasons, i am always Denise, as i feel much better and more comfortable now than in drab.

Going on Vacation in Nov and again in March, for a month at which time I will be Denise 24/7 the whole time i am away

Denise

:):):):)

Jaydee
10-28-2008, 11:14 AM
The urge is daily, the opportunity is limited to about once a week.

Jaydee

Cary
10-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I dress 3 or 4 times a week, depending on how much work I need to get done around the house. But I have a desire to dress every day, and it seldom goes away. It's a wonder I get anything done at all!

Same here!

Tina B.
10-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I said weekly, but I do wear a nightgown every night, and under dress most of the time, but one or two days dressed and then I am ready to get back to guy mode for a while. But then there are times that I might not dress fully for a month or two at a time, and not think about it.
Tina

Kris Vasquez
10-28-2008, 01:26 PM
I have two hours everyday to myself and I don't waste a minute of it.

Nicki B
10-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I generally dress and go out several times a week (so I've voted daily). If I'm not able to do that, then the urge to is much stronger - but if I can (i.e. most of the time), I don't have the obssession the rest of the time?

I think of myself as very lucky, that I have the freedom to be able to fulfill the need.

Samantha43
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM
For me it is something that is always at the back of my mind. I will go for months without dressing then I will have a period where I dress two or three times a week or spend a long weekend dressed. So I guess that all averages out to once a week or so.

Jess West
10-28-2008, 01:56 PM
I go through peaks and valleys. I joke that it's like my period :). I voted monthly, but really there may be times where it's every 3 months or 4 months and times where its 2 weeks. I'd just average it to monthly.

Interestingly if I get a chance to dress several times (close in time), say 3-4 days in a row for an evening or something or if I go out a few times (rare to do that much at "one" shot), again in close proximity to one another, I will loose the desire for a while.

It's almost like I got a "fix" and dont "need" it again for a while.

Having said that if the wife and I are talking about what she wants to wear for work or we go shopping or I see a woman dressed well... I may think about it, but not really have the desire to dress. For example this morning my wife was asking about what she was wearing to work and we got into talking about how she should get some cool boots - like some that I have. That got me thinking about it today, but not really wanting to fully dress just thinking "hmmm those look good on me :)". I may see a woman dressed well and think "great dress" and then think "I should get one like that" but again not have the desire to dress.

Then some what randomly one day I just will have the desire and will enjoy it.

A few times I have started because I had opportunity and thought about it, but it just wasn't fun that day, so I stopped and did other things. It's a some what randomly cyclic thing for me I guess.

2B Natasha
10-28-2008, 02:14 PM
I picked weekly as that is when I seem to get the pent up urge to dress full on. Otherwise. It's panty's or panty hose every day. At night it is always heels. I think I may dress to the nines more often when I get the proper pieces all together. I hate doing it half way. I just feel bad then like I am out of place in my own world as well as theirs.

Christina2008
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
The urge is there every day. I nearly always at least underdress of some sorts.

Rachel_CDS
10-28-2008, 03:11 PM
I voted daily, but I only seem to find the chance once or twice a week!

However, I always wear a nightie to bed, sometimes a plain one but a gorgeous silk one with panties, bra, forms & sheer holdups at least 3 times a week:)

As far as underdressing goes, I usually wear panties. Don't really have the desire for anything else.

Shannen
10-28-2008, 03:26 PM
I put down weekly... just as an average...

Some weeks I desire to, and do, dress every day. Some weeks I don't get in the mood at all!

:hugs:

tammysuetv
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
I feel the urge daily but opportunity only knocks a couple times a month.

Joanne Curl
10-28-2008, 06:39 PM
I voted for daily too but because I'm still in the closet, I only get the opportunity to dress completely once every couple of months. I think about it every day and would dress at least once a week if I could.:sad:
Joanne

Crystal Galadriel
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
I picked weekly, but it's more like somewhere between daily and weekly, probably 3-4 days a week. As I'm in the closet and share a small dorm room with a guy I don't know all that well, I don't get the chance to underdress all that often, but usually do when the chance presents itself. For example, he just left for Bible Study a little bit ago and the first thing I did was get into my panties. They feel nice since I just had a shower about an hour ago. I also usually dress while I'm in bed every night, as it's always private there, at least as long as my roommate has already gone to bed. But with no real clothes of my own yet, I haven't been able to actually dress in over a month, and that was with "borrowing" GG family member's clothing.

But then again, I've gone months and even years before without CDing, but usually not more than a month or two without thinking about it. I so wish I knew what it was like to be a GG, I've daydreamed and wondered about that almost daily for years.

Make of that what you will, as far as the poll goes, lol

Miss Tessa
10-28-2008, 07:37 PM
24/7:tongueout

Victoriacr
10-28-2008, 07:44 PM
My desire comes and goes; sometime it is strong and irrestible; other times, it is not as strong.

Sweet Cindy
10-28-2008, 07:45 PM
I voted bi-weekly. My urges seem to come on when I realize "hey, I have some time to myself - I could get dressed!" That happens several times a week or not for months. So I guess it averages out to bi-weekly. If I had more opportunity to dress, I'd probably get the urge a little more.

Susan4
10-29-2008, 05:59 AM
Thanks for all of the great input .. and for sharing.

My read of the thread suggests that that most of us have an almost constant 'urge' .. daily or weekly ... but that the 'opportunity' is somewhat less frequent. Some lucky few are 7/24. Other are able to manage 'something' daily, and for many of us, 'full' dressing happens when there is an opportunity.

Others report a cycle ... with more or less intensity ... ranging from weeks to months.

And, at least a few, talk about being able to walk away for years ... and come back when the urge is triggered.

Interesting ...

Hugs to all

Carly D.
10-29-2008, 01:23 PM
I dress in some form everyday.. and that includes just shoes if that counts.. and I think it does...

Parse Leeve
10-29-2008, 01:34 PM
For me the urge to dress is there almost every day. However can I only doll up around 2 or 3 times a month. I am trying to do it more often though. You can always catch me browsing catalogues or on-line shops for fem clothing on a daily basis.

RebeccaLynne
10-29-2008, 04:16 PM
Seems I'm with the majority here. The urge (and desire) to dress femme is constant. And I'm never satisfied. I'm always looking to further the experience.

For example, today I shaved my legs and underarms for the first time in, like, five years, Why now? Well, although my GF of about one and a half years knows of my CD'ing, she's not all that enthusiastic about it. However, since Halloween is upon us, I'm indulging my desires. And if you've never experienced the delightful sensation of sliding into pantyhose with freshly-shaved silky-smooth legs, you don't know what you're missing!

And I can wear my sleeveless tops and dresses now!:)

Susan4
11-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I found a comprehensive summary of a survey done using 2001 data in the archives. It was pulled together by Emily Anderson who did a great job.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ad.php?t=81963

Part of the 2001 survey dealt with the periodicity of the initial Crossdressing experience done by the survey sample of 513 people.

It was interesting to compare the results to those our recent informal pool

2001 Survey (of INITIAL CD)
Daily : (13%)
Weekly : (31%)
Monthly / Occasionally : (44%)
Rarely : (7%)
Don't Know / Don't Remember: (8%)
Other (not listed) : (1%)

2008 Poll (Today's Cycle of Desire)
7/24 or Daily : (65%)
Weekly or Bi-Weekly : (25%)
Monthly : (9%)
Yearly : (1%)

Does this suggest ('suggest' since this is hardly scientific) that as we get older the urge to dress, in some form, becomes if not stronger at least more frequent?

Hugs

tamarav
11-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I no longer have an "urge", it has become natural for me. I dress every day and work dressed all day. Of course, that is how I have set up my life, I quit wishing and hoping and just did it. I have no worries about social interactions, friends, family, anyone. If they don't like me as I am, then they have no need to see me.

That's just me...

Tami

Jess_cd32
11-01-2008, 02:55 PM
I was thinking daily was going to be the #1 pick as alot of us don't have the chance as often as we'd like to dress.
If I lived alone and had no SO I'd do it to some degree at minimum daily, and preferably fully done up at least 3-4 times a week.

DeborahAnne
11-01-2008, 05:25 PM
If I didn't dress as Debby every day I would have to feel my pulse.
Debby xxx

Cristi
11-01-2008, 10:39 PM
It depends on the level of dressing.

I underdress every day (since I don't have any options, it is all I own).

I put on a skirt almost every day when I get home from work (and most of the day on weekends if I am spending the day at home).

About 1/2 of that time, I'll also wear a blouse and bra. At the same time I might put in some earrings or a necklace.

Tights/pantyhose a bit less frequently (depending on how long its been since I've shaved) Perhaps a few time per week.

The LEAST frequent is the 'full thing', taking the time to do makeup, style my hair and everything I'd need to go out. I never go through all of that trouble just to stay home unless I'm just practicing while watching TV or something.

I only go all the way once every few months at the most.

Micaella.tg
11-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I've noticed my desire around the full moon is very strong. Anyone else feel that way? Went out en femme for the first time last night(Halloween).

Kris Vasquez
11-01-2008, 10:47 PM
63% dress daily. I feel so much better. I wish more people would vote on this.

joann426
11-01-2008, 10:52 PM
i dress every day it is getting colder out and i do wear my bra under my swear shirts and nobody evens knows love it tooooo!!!!!!:D

sissystephanie
11-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Since my wife, who always fixed my wig and did my makeup, has gone to her eternal reward, I don't "fully dress" at all. By "fully dressed" I mean totally, at least in appearance, become a female. However, I did check "Daily" because in some manner I am feminine on a daily basis.

I do wear panties almost all the time and a bra most of the time. My usual attire is a skirt and nice blouse or tee shirt, or maybe girly jeans and a tight tee! I own way more feminine shoes then I do male ones, and wear the feminine ones more. BTW, even though I don't wear a wig anymore or use much makeup, I still go out in public in Stephanie clothes. Shopping, post office, restaurants, gas stations, did I mention shopping at the Mall? I go just about everywhere in skirts, etc. I know who I am and what I like to wear, and those who don't like it can take a flying leap!!:tongueout

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

BTW, my tag line is for my Darling GGF. She tolerates me being a CD, but wants a man under the silk and lace! And I am!!

docrobbysherry
11-01-2008, 11:20 PM
I now seem to desire "big production number" dressing, for the most part. That requires 3 to 5 hours of private time, no meals just before hand, and advanced planning, to bring home the necessary things I'll need for that session.

I probably have the time and inclination once a week, on average.:brolleyes:

Ibuki_Warpetal
11-01-2008, 11:28 PM
I don't really have an urge. It's usually just a conscious decision that I need to make depending on whether I feel like I can pull off a look.

victoriamwilliams1
11-01-2008, 11:59 PM
I dress when I can and unless I am working at night I can dress only about 2-3 times a month, I am working nights so for the past 2 weeks I dressed every other day, my work time is changing in a few weeks :(

Ballerina
11-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Well, I fluctuate badly. Especially since I don't own anything femme and am not out of the closet. It seems to be strong one week, mild (wouldn't put much effort, just dress) the next, and uncaring the final week; rinse and repeat.

Cristi
11-02-2008, 10:56 AM
I've noticed my desire around the full moon is very strong. Anyone else feel that way?

Yes, but I find it is MUCH harder to shave once all of that thick hair starts coming in during the full moon :devil:

Anybody have any tips on how to make my 'howl' more feminine?

Maria2222
11-02-2008, 11:03 AM
I feel the need to dress fully at least once a week.

Clara
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
When I started (not so long time ago) I dressed pretty much daily. It was new and so exciting plus I really didn't understand that male v. female dynamic inside of me. Now, when I found out I enjoy both being a male and female my desire to dress changed. I dress about once or twice a week now. And when wearing male clothes I don't wear any female clothing underneath. It's either totally male or totally female. (Apart from shaving. Even as a man I can't stand hairy body:)).

KIRA ANN
11-03-2008, 09:17 AM
I picked daily, because I wear underdressed 24/7 in panties.:battingeyelashes:

carolinebrookes
11-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I suppose it all depends upon how I feel within a period of time. Last year I was dressed almost daily but I have been going through a spell of not having the urge.

Today is my first time dressed in 3 months and it feels right today. It may feel way wrong tomorrow!

Sarah...
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
I feel the need to "dress" all the time. Given that I can't do so very often (3 weeks since the last time) this is clearly a difficult situation to be in. I mean, I underdress all the time. But then I have to wear man clothes on top and that, to me, is just absurd and feels utterly wrong.

So, no cycles or regular occasions for me - my desire is for it to be all the time, all the way.

:sad:

Sarah...

CD Susan
11-03-2008, 04:27 PM
My desire to crossdress is always with me. It remains at a constant level all the time and there are never any fluctuations in this level of desire. I retired early last year at the age of 59 and since that time my degree of dressing is very close to 24/7. I most certainly dress every day and sometimes will go stretches of up to two weeks without wearing "his" clothes. This feels natural to me and I feel fortunate to be able to live this way.

lynn2c
11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm a weekly. That would be an average. There are peaks and valleys.
I do usually have something fem on daily though just to get me through.

Vicki65
11-03-2008, 07:12 PM
Not that straightforward for me.

I haven't had any desire for 3 or 4 days now. Whereas last week I couldn't stop thinking about it all week and spent a few hours of each day dressed, even waking in the night with the desire to go get dressed!

Writing this, I know I have all those lovely clothes sitting there, but still have no desire. I think perhaps dressing for me (and perhaps many of us who dont wish to be 24/7 or transgender) might be driven by some external stimulus.

So, in response to your question, sometimes daily, sometimes weekly, sometimes monthly. Nothing wothwhile is ever simple :D