PDA

View Full Version : Had a treat on the weekend!

Deanna2
05-31-2005, 10:28 PM
Had a treat on the weekend!

Last weekend my wife and I went interstate. When we got there on Friday afternoon it started on to rain, so we decided to go shopping. The only time my wife feels the need to shop is when we are away and she wanted to buy a new outfit. I, on the other hand, always feel the urge to shop, but that’s another story.

Anyway we wound up on the ladies wear floor of a large department store. Talk about a little boy in a candy store. Here I was, a CD in a ladies wear store. What a way to spend a wet afternoon? So here we are wandering around the store and my wife decides that she needs to shop with both hands and I get to carry her handbag. Years ago I would have died at the prospect of being seen in public with a lady’s handbag. I have become truly enlightened :cool: . She selects a couple of items and disappears off to the fitting rooms. Here I am, still carrying the handbag left to my own devices – on the ladies wear floor.

I start to just wander around the racks. Now the store staff know I’m there with my wife, but the other shoppers don’t know that. However, no one takes the least bit of notice and I’m in seventh heaven. Every now and again I wander over to the fitting rooms and my wife comes out to get my opinion. I do the only natural thing and say it looks great or I preferred the other one. Whatever! I go back to roaming around the racks – still carrying her handbag over my shoulder.

Anyway, like all good dreams, it comes to an end when she makes up her mind and carries the items over to the cash register.

But wait, there’s more. I didn’t realize that I was going to get dessert after the main course :) .

Now she decides that she needs a couple of new bras. Who am I to argue with the prospect of going off to the lingerie section? Still carrying her handbag while she carries the bags of goodies!

We spend about half an hour checking out the various styles and I’m getting such a buzz. Again no one seems to take any notice. Besides I was way past caring I was having so much of a wonderful time.

Can’t wait til the next time we go away :p !

Luvya

paulaN
06-01-2005, 12:58 AM
what nothing for you, now thats a shame.

Deanna2
06-01-2005, 03:42 AM
Hi Paula

Didn't I mention the thrill of savouring all the treats. I generally don't shop in department stores. I prefer markets or boutiques. I burn the candle at both ends but not in the middle.

Luvya