PDA

View Full Version : Crossdresser Day

Sandygal
10-28-2008, 03:38 PM
I had an idea and was wondering what the rest of you think. Only people on this site and other sites if we spread it around will know. How about the simple act of having a rubberband on our left wrist on the second Friday of November sound. All of us and anyone supporting us will only know. I have heard so many ideas over the years, but I thought this might be the easiest way for us to notice each other and to see just how many of us are out there. If this works well, we can try it more often. Start spreading the word........................

Deborah Jane
10-28-2008, 03:51 PM
A nice simple idea Sandy [the best ones often are]
I like it :thumbsup:

Karren H
10-28-2008, 03:52 PM
I'm confused as usual... So if I'm wearing one of these on this day.. And I don't know any other crossdressers in my area or don't bump into any I do know.. And were the only ones that know about it... I informed??

And if everyone else knows about these and I wear one of didn't I just out myself.. I'd rather wear a dress when I out myself to those I know..

And since its November I'd be wearing a long sleeved dress anyway so you couldn't see the rubber band...

I don't know... I think we should all just dress up on that day.. That way everyone will get the message loud and clear!!

Nice thought..

avril findlay
10-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Rubber band ? Check
Left wrist? Check
Rolled up copy
of the Fiancial Tmes? Check
Password
(Ruffle my hair
and call me Frankie) Check

Sandygal
10-28-2008, 04:11 PM
We aren't coming out. We are only letting each other no who we are. You might give a wink or a smile when passing. Only those on these sites will know about it and if someone you know winks at you, you'll no what site he or she has been on.
P.S. Wear a larger rubber band if you have a long sleeve shirt, it will hang like a bracelet. Besides, it might come in handy during a hockey fight, you can snap your opponent with it.

suzypier
10-28-2008, 04:16 PM
I'm confused as usual... So if I'm wearing one of these on this day.. And I don't know any other crossdressers in my area or don't bump into any I do know.. And were the only ones that know about it... I informed??

And if everyone else knows about these and I wear one of didn't I just out myself.. I'd rather wear a dress when I out myself to those I know..

And since its November I'd be wearing a long sleeved dress anyway so you couldn't see the rubber band...

I don't know... I think we should all just dress up on that day.. That way everyone will get the message loud and clear!!

Nice thought..

I agree with you Karren. :)

Teri Jean
10-28-2008, 04:29 PM
I will be dressed and that should do it but I also wear a pinky ring on my right hand pretty much all the time so that should be a clue. Whatever works and I like the weapon of defense thing, haha. Love Keli

Maria2222
10-28-2008, 04:37 PM
I think it's a good idea Sandy, and we can pass it onto other CD sites. The only bad thing is if somebody talks we could be outed. On the other hand, why would somebody talk? On the other hand, loose lips sink ships. On the other hand, LOL. Just enjoying a blonde moment. I do think it's a good idea. Way to go, Sandy.
:)

Anastacia_Sandria
10-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Heh....I actually thought of bringing up something similar, though it'd be a little thing we could wear at any given time. Sort of to identify each other, sort of thing.

But the rubberband works.

suzy cool
10-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Who'd have thought there were so many postmen who crossdress.:heehee:

Stephanie Stephens
10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
I guess that's better than an exposed bra strap

Karren H
10-28-2008, 05:34 PM
We aren't coming out. We are only letting each other no who we are. You might give a wink or a smile when passing. Only those on these sites will know about it and if someone you know winks at you, you'll no what site he or she has been on.
P.S. Wear a larger rubber band if you have a long sleeve shirt, it will hang like a bracelet. Besides, it might come in handy during a hockey fight, you can snap your opponent with it.

hahahaha.... I was infavor of the secret CD decoder ring that flashed pink when ever another crossdresser was within 25 feet.... But my first prototype kept going off when ever I passed through the security thingies coming into clothing stores.... :)

ohhh and I'd rather use my hockey garter belt to snap an opponent... :)

Jocelyn Quivers
10-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully I won't chicken out and change my mind on the actual day.

glynnis
10-28-2008, 07:00 PM
I will definitely do that.I dont suppose any one will notice where I live I am right out in the boonies.:heehee:

Crystal Galadriel
10-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Nothing suspicious about a rubber band! Sounds like a great idea, it'd be a big confidence booster if you could know there were other CDers in the area, especially knowing who they are! I'll definitely do it. The second Friday in November, so the 14th, right?

Miss Tessa
10-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry, I think you need to do something differend.

Around Tampa, alot of gangs like the DRAK and 34th streeters wear rubberbands on their wrists....

I just walk the public streets at night where I know trannies are known to hang out....

Nebraska Ave in Tampa and 4th ST and also 35th Ave in St.Pete...

Maria2222
10-28-2008, 07:43 PM
I still think it's a great idea, but what if the other person is just a regular joe who happens to have a rubber band on his wrist for some reason?
I suppose you could look for tweezed eye brows.

Christina Horton
10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
we need a good code word or line like when you see one of us with we say(did you here the CD was outed today) and if it's a fellow dresser they say ( yes I heard it was all over the world ) and if. They look at you weard you and r not on our team you tell them (oh I heard the blue ray was going to replace CDs now). So there to be safe that's what we say. If you all like try it. Huggs

Dawn Backer
10-28-2008, 07:53 PM
sounds like a good idea, count me in. :battingeyelashes:

Sherry-Stephanie
10-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Check my toes and I'm the one with the pink nails...that might give ya a clue.....

actually, upon further review, the nails are about the color of my top in the avitar....

Sandygal
10-28-2008, 09:57 PM
The excuses for not wearing the rubberband are really silly. Its just our fears There is no perfect way to show yourself to other cders. There are many others that read on this site and never sign up. They keep making excuses because they have such a fear of being found out. How many of you have had such a feeling of relief when you were finally brave enough to talk to others like yourself on the internet? When you signed up and nobody came knocking on your door, you realized you could stay hidden and still talk to others. Yes, there will be some people unintentionaly wearing the rubberbands. But we are not going to run up to them and compare panty lines. We just want to see that we are not alone. I myself will be sitting in the middle of the Mall in Naples Fl. drinking a coffee and seeing if I see anyone of us walking past. So relax and enjoy the day.

hjt101
10-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Or how about if you snap the band around your own wrist twice, and see if your opponent snaps twice as well. That way no words are used and it is not a coincidental action.

GINA-CD
10-28-2008, 10:32 PM
It's a simple idea and I like it. Why not? I'm on board with it, who knows, maybe I'll find a sister in the neighborhood, or even better, at the office!:thumbsup:

Lawren
10-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Why not just wear a little breast cancer pin. The pins would provide an instant excuse if a non-CDer challenged you. (I'm confident that all of us support the war on breast cancer.) They could be worn on regular occasions, i. e.; every Friday, thereby increasing the chance of seeing one another. Yes, there will be the occasional non-CD man who may wear one but there are exceptions to every rule. Of course this would only apply to MtF CDs. The FtMs would have to find a different way to express themselves.

Sandygal
10-29-2008, 07:56 AM
Why not just wear a little breast cancer pin. The pins would provide an instant excuse if a non-CDer challenged you. (I'm confident that all of us support the war on breast cancer.) They could be worn on regular occasions, i. e.; every Friday, thereby increasing the chance of seeing one another. We could adopt the pin as an "official" sign of CDers. Yes, there will be the occasional non-CD man who may wear one but there are exceptions to every rule. Of course this would only apply to MtF CDs. The FtMs would have to find a different way to express themselves.

Because a rubberband is something everyone has and it would be very unnoticable, unless you were looking for it. I'm sure most of us don't have that pin. I'm sorry, but i don't think it can get any easier than this.

Sandygal
10-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Or how about if you snap the band around your own wrist twice, and see if your opponent snaps twice as well. That way no words are used and it is not a coincidental action.

Not a bad idea. Lets say you both lock eyes and want to make sure. A snap of the rubberband might be a good ice breaker.

trisha59
10-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I knew it would come down to this a secret ID. And the snapping adds just that little bit of pain. Maybe all those gangs are already doing this? And we do need to find a way differentiate between the Postal workers. WE NEED OUR OWN COLOR. I bet I know what color you all are thinking of.

Deborah Jane
10-29-2008, 12:09 PM
WE NEED OUR OWN COLOR. I bet I know what color you all are thinking of.

Can you get them in lime green with purple spots then? :D

dionne xdresser
10-29-2008, 06:57 PM
great idea!!! im definately doing it!! xx

Super Stacey
10-29-2008, 11:57 PM
whynot just use a colored hairband?

victoriamwilliams1
10-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Sound like fun, the question is who will remind us to do that?

karinels
10-30-2008, 01:27 AM
I love this idea, and am going to participate. I have already marked it on my calander. I'm not in fear of being outed because even if confronted in a bad manner, this idea is for both cd's and supporters. If I dont feel comphy telling someone I cd, then I just say I know someone who is, and I support them in their decision to live their life how they want. But I really doubt there will be any suspicion whatsoever. I'M IN!!!!

November 14, National Crossdressers Day!!!

tonya2
10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Sounds like fun, I am in. We need more of you to get involved and committ
to doing this. I'll be shopping at Fashion Island in Newport Bch late that
afternoon.:)

Tonya:battingeyelashes:

DeeDeeB
10-30-2008, 10:23 AM
Sounds like a plan. I'll wear a pink one if I can find one, but definately not brown.

Dee :fairy1:

Alice B
10-30-2008, 10:35 AM
Count me in also. Any special color?

lauraabdl
10-30-2008, 10:50 AM
I have to agree, count me in.
Laura

tamarav
10-30-2008, 11:20 AM
OK, I have a rubber band around every apendage, my high heels are on, and I am dressed every day. So what day was that again?
Tami

Sandygal
10-30-2008, 03:32 PM
Count me in also. Any special color?

Any color will be fine.This is just our first test run. We can vote for our own cd color in the future.(I'm partial to pink myself). I hope you are all passing this on to other sites. Don't wait for someone else to do it. We have all hinted about a day like this. This is how we can come out with only our cd family realizing it.

jayme357
10-30-2008, 06:10 PM
count me in!

Crystal Galadriel
10-30-2008, 07:15 PM
All of my rubber bands are colorful, greens and pinks and purples and yellows. I took a beige one from work today, it's bigger and not as bright, so it won't draw as much attention but will still be visible. I'll be wearing it all day, and scanning every wrist in sight as I walk around campus, lol. So looking forward to it!:daydreaming:

Rebekah Paige
10-30-2008, 07:17 PM
I am in.

Sammy777
10-30-2008, 09:13 PM
why not just use a colored hairband?

Personally, If it's not in my hair it's on my left wrist, lol.
But most of us here do not have a reason [or the hair] to be carrying a hair tie on our wrists. Nice alternative, but....

Because a rubber band is something everyone has and it would be very unnoticeable, unless you were looking for it. I'm sure most of us don't have that pin. I'm sorry, but i don't think it can get any easier than this.

The pins are very easy to get.
In fact for a short time they are FREE on the breast cancer site.
Right now, really, go look
H E R E (http://shop.thebreastcancersite.com/store/item.do?siteId=224&itemId=30120&origin=BCS_GOOGLE_ADGROUP-PinkRibbonPins-FreePRpin&gclid=CIjGnfSv0JYCFQVfFQodiw9I3A)!

I'm not saying use them instead of the rubber band, but at least you now have no excuse to not own one.

CD Susan
10-30-2008, 09:45 PM
I will be dressed and that should do it but I also wear a pinky ring on my right hand pretty much all the time so that should be a clue. Whatever works and I like the weapon of defense thing, haha. Love Keli

Keli is right. Have any of you girls and guys ever heard of a group called "Pinky Pals"? It is a website dedicated to cd's and the way that we identify ourselves to other cd's is to wear a ring on our right hand pinky finger. There is an "official" Pinky Pals ring but any ring will do. There is also a catch phrase that can be used to identify another cd. If you see someone that you suspect is a cd and want to confim this without insulting or embarrasing someone you should say "do you know her". If the person you say this to responds with saying "better than she knows herself" then you have met another cd who knows about this catch phrase. If you get a different response then just say something like " excuse me I thought you were someone else" and no harm will be done. We should all make an effort to spread the word on this so more of us are informed. If you want to know more about Pinky Pals just google it and thier website will be displayed. I will try the rubber band approach on Nov. 14th. and hope to see something positive come from this.

MsJordan
10-30-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm in!

Jada Rose
10-31-2008, 12:03 AM
I'm in.

sarahdavids
10-31-2008, 03:16 AM
barring a horrendous lapse of memory (which is very possible), you can count me in. I love the idea!!

NatashaCD
10-31-2008, 03:41 AM
Hi im in ill be wearing one but ill doubt id run into anyone else wearing a rubberband in adelaide australia

Jonianne
10-31-2008, 04:28 AM
How about a ruffeled Scrunchie on the left wrist - think that would be covert enough?

RachelDenise
10-31-2008, 04:36 AM
I'm going to do it. I'm likely not going to be too productive that day as I'm going to spend too much time looking at left wrists!!!

nikki47
10-31-2008, 06:21 AM
Who'd have thought there were so many postmen who crossdress.:heehee:

i know one who does :D

Nikki

Deborah Jane
10-31-2008, 06:56 AM
How about a ruffeled Scrunchie on the left wrist - think that would be covert enough?

Err, i think we,re looking for subtlety here Joni
Nice idea though, at least there wouldn,t be any doubt whatsover in our minds about others we saw :battingeyelashes:

BTW, i,m definately in :)

Miss Tessa
10-31-2008, 07:05 AM
There already is a code greeting in the TG community....

"What's the Tee?"

It means "What's up?"

What we need is pride bracelets.
Instead of Gay Pride rainbow bracelets made of rubber, what we need is blue pink and white (The transgender flag colors) rubber bracelets.

Maybe they already have them online like they have the gay pride bracelets. I'll have to check into that.

tealannette
10-31-2008, 07:21 AM
count me in

morgan51
10-31-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm in too already wear a pinky ring in my right pinky what fun . Morgan

KarenSusan
10-31-2008, 08:46 AM
I think this is a great idea. I'm in.

Secret Sis
10-31-2008, 09:13 AM
Gotta say I'll be doing this too (as long as I remember)... Might be interesting as I come in contact with hundreds if not thousands of people on a daily basis at work.

LittleMissGabby
10-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Great idea - count me in too. Already made a note in my diary! I too meet loads of people during the course of the day in my job. Will be on rubber band watch Friday 14th.

janet73
10-31-2008, 03:49 PM
One more....Now to decide where to go to see the most potential sisters! (oh yeah, I am going to San Diego....need to find a mall!)

geri-tg.
10-31-2008, 03:50 PM
We sure don't have anything to lose.I will give it a try.I will be alert all day and very alert at the post office while checking my p.o.box.Lets share or day with one another.

Miss Tessa
10-31-2008, 03:54 PM
Yall need to wise up, ain't gonna catch nobody gonna wearing rubberbands except random people.
NOT TG's the vast majority of them.

Sandygal
10-31-2008, 04:03 PM
Yall need to wise up, ain't gonna catch nobody gonna wearing rubberbands except random people.
NOT TG's the vast majority of them.

Lets prove Miss Tessa wrong

janet73
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Did you see Saturday Night Live last night? John McCain was on, and he did a bit during the news....

I almost fell off my chair when I saw him wearing a rubber band on his left wrist!!

OMG...he got the date wrong, but he is one of us!!

Wow, if I hadn't already sent in my ballot, I might reconsider my choice!!

Sonia Greene
11-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Yes! I'll wear one rubber band, with pride! Second Friday Nov.
If we get anywhere, we could continue it each month....we need to be gradually in the daylight, and eventually people just wouldn't look twice.
Sonia

BethCD
11-02-2008, 02:08 PM
I'm in too !!!Great idea. Obvious, yet covert. Perfect.
This plan is obviously not necessary for girls like Tammi and Karren......(no offense girls.:D ) Just for us more closeted girls.

Beth

JaytoJillian
11-02-2008, 02:38 PM
November 14. I'll play!

Mardi
11-02-2008, 06:16 PM
Count me in, great idea.

Mardi

Crystal Galadriel
11-07-2008, 12:26 AM
DEFINITELY not trying to put down the idea, I love it, but there is one snag that I stumbled upon that we might want to consider.

According to Facebook, Nov 14th is also now labeled as "International Make-Someone-Feel-Uncomfortable Day". I hoped that it was just a goofball and his friends, but they've got over 30,000 people marked as attending so far.

If we stick with Nov 14, I'll definitely still do it, just thought I'd put this up here and see what everybody thought.

crystal99
11-07-2008, 05:23 AM
Right, so rubber band, code word, snap the band 3 times, painted toes, plucked eyebrows and a secret decoder ring that doesn't work.

Scatty people, but I'm in on the band thingy, thatl be enough I reckon

xx

Christina Horton
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
Don't forget Nov 14 left hand rubber band snap 3 times keep this going I would love to see another CD with one . spread the word girls.:hugs::canada:

Michl41
11-07-2008, 04:35 PM
One week and counting........................:heehee::heehee:

Alice B
11-07-2008, 08:37 PM
What color?

BeckyAnderson
11-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Sandy, that's a great idea, count me in!

sherib
11-07-2008, 09:40 PM
I'll wear one.

Penelope
11-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Sandygal,

I think your idea is simple and very effective.
Though I must say being a musician(drummer) I often have a thick blue elastic band around one of my wrists while I'm playing,it's just a habit as the elastic is from one of the cloths I wrap around some drum stuff to keep it looking new.

Sound idea though, yeah let's do it!

Hugs

P

Farrah
11-09-2008, 05:32 AM
Count me in!! I hope I find some sisters where I live. THis will be great!!

Janie Gunn
11-09-2008, 07:32 AM
As if I'm going to walk around looking at other peoples wrist for a rubberband!
Wont work for me. And is Friday 14th November, really Crossdressers Day? If it is, then the festival organisers have chosen a good day to kick off the Feast Festival in Adelaide, free opening night party. I dont think I'll need anything like a friggin rubber band to detect other cd's/tv's.

Janie

Sandygal
11-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Hi Janie...This is not just for the 10 percent that dress up and go out all the time. This is for the 90 percent that feel they are alone. If we start noticing that there are many more of us than anyone ever thought, it could start to make more and more of us braver and maybe dress and go out ourselves. Seeing cders dressed up has to be common, before it gets accepted. This is one of those small steps that everyone talks about.

We need our own colors for the future. Many of us won't wear the gay pride band because we aren't gay. We just want to wear womans clothes and be accepted. But don't stop with any ideas in the future.

If someone ask you why your wearing the rubberband and if you tell them the truth. Bingo...you just made them uncomfortable. What a perfect day.....

Janie Gunn
11-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Hi Janie...This is not just for the 10 percent that dress up and go out all the time. This is for the 90 percent that feel they are alone. If we start noticing that there are many more of us than anyone ever thought, it could start to make more and more of us braver and maybe dress and go out ourselves. Seeing cders dressed up has to be common, before it gets accepted. This is one of those small steps that everyone talks about.

Hi Sandygal ... I'm not in that 10% that dress up and go out all the time. If I dont bomb out, this coming Friday will only be my second time out, dressed, the other was Halloween. What I was saying is that this rubber band thingy wont be of any use to me personally, because its not something that I would pay any attention to, to notice. If its something that helps anyone else, then good for them.

Janie

Veronica 1
11-09-2008, 11:46 AM
I'm in. Now I just have to find a two inch wide pink elastic. :D

Sandygal
11-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Its almost here,lets try to keep this thread near the beginning until Friday. No more excuses. Like they say "Sh_t or get of the pot"

Secret Sis
11-13-2008, 10:05 AM
On Friday, the guy somewhere in western NY with the red rubber band on his left wrist? That's me!

:)

avril findlay
11-13-2008, 10:13 AM
In the UK postmen have a habit of snapping rubber bands they remove from packets of letters around their wrists to be re-used.

trisha59
11-13-2008, 10:50 AM
I guess you could say that today is Crossdresser Day Eve

crystal99
11-13-2008, 12:30 PM
Happy crossdresser day eve!

just to keep this going sandygal

Crys xx

avril findlay
11-13-2008, 02:35 PM
I guess you could say that today is Crossdresser Day Eve

I hope every girl is going to be hanging up her (black silk) stocking!

Crystal Galadriel
11-14-2008, 12:27 AM
Sadly enough, I *ALMOST* forgot about tomorrow. Then I saw the rubber band sitting on my desk and was like "OMG, I should go check that thread!" So, here I am.

I'm wearing it tomorrow, matter of fact, I'll be putting it on here in about 30 minutes when tomorrow comes and won't be taking it off until tomorrow evening. Thick, tan rubber band on the left wrist of a red-headed guy with a beard and an Atlanta Falcons hat at KSU, that's me!

BethCD
11-15-2008, 12:17 PM
Well ladies, It's post Crossdresser Day and I'm not seeing any reports of sightings :eek:
Hoping that everyone is sleeping in.......and to hear something later.
SandyGal. did you have any luck?

Beth

Lawren
11-15-2008, 01:23 PM
Well, I didn't see any rubber bands but I did see Elvis. Not really, but I saw no other CDs and no one noticed me so my day was a big bust. Maybe next time.

Roxi Loh
11-15-2008, 02:09 PM
I just read the post today November 15th so I think I missed it. Dont recall seeing any rubberbands yesterday. Good thought though.

trisha59
11-15-2008, 03:17 PM
For a first try I think we did good. A few sightings and the knowledge that there were others out there, somewhere, that had rubber bands on.

Sandygal
11-15-2008, 03:54 PM
Hi girls....We didn't have to many sightings, but thats ok, its a start. For many of us, wearing the rubberband was quite exciting. It was our first time letting another person no that they truly were not alone. I'm hoping we can all put our heads together and pick one day of the month to do this. I'm thinking the second Friday of every month. I hope this site can make it a sticky thread for all to see.

Toni_F75
11-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Good idea, I only picked this thread uptoday also and I would have done it. If we go another 12 months without raising awareness, it may pass by unnoticed again. 2nd friday in December is the 12th.

T
xx

serinalynn
11-15-2008, 06:30 PM
I had an idea and was wondering what the rest of you think. Only people on this site and other sites if we spread it around will know. How about the simple act of having a rubberband on our left wrist on the second Friday of November sound. All of us and anyone supporting us will only know. I have heard so many ideas over the years, but I thought this might be the easiest way for us to notice each other and to see just how many of us are out there. If this works well, we can try it more often. Start spreading the word........................

A national crossdressers day cool lets do it in july and not in one of the cold months

FanciJewel
11-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Marking our left wrist with a rubberband on the second Friday of each month will be a great advance in networking on a bit more public way. I would be gracious of the Forum Moderators to mark each of those days with a reminder so that those of us who are memory challenged can join an a consistent basis.

This type of banding is quite effective. After all every time I see one of those bright yellow wrist bands, I am reminded of Lance Armstrong's :eek: -Fanci

Christina Horton
11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
I wore mine ,and I did not see any others , But I am a truckdriver and was only at truck stops. in Reno NV. I think every sencond friday is a great Idea. Although I wear it evetime I am out of the truck and all the time in drab. We need to find a good sing that works well with dresses and all that. A rubber band does not go well with a long black dress LOL. HUGGS. :hugs: :canada:

BethCD
11-16-2008, 12:49 AM
First off I want to thank Sandygal for her great idea !!!!:love::cheer::^5:.
I'm sure we'll be hearing more tales of sightings in the coming days.....
I'm going to throw an idea out to everybody...Would Saturday - shopping at the mall or grocery, etc. day be a better day to be out and seen?
Just seems to me that it would be a higher traffic day as opposed to friday where most people are at work half the day. Just a thought. Comment awaaaay!

Beth:D