PDA

View Full Version : Dressing for work on Halloween

Teri Jean
10-29-2008, 06:28 AM
This past few days I have mentioned to a few of the gg friends at work that I was dressing as a wench for halloween and they all said I should for Friday. :oThe thing is there are a couple of people I had planned on surprising that night. What do you think? I have a day to consider this so be quick. Love Keli:heehee:

renee k
10-29-2008, 07:31 AM
I say, GO FOR IT!

Huggs, Renee

LisaElizabeth
10-29-2008, 07:39 AM
As long as the GG's join you with a costume of their own!!! You don't want to be the ONLY one in a costume!!
Lisa E

KathrynTX
10-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Twice I have gone to work dressed for Halloween and had a terrific time on both occasions. I loved all the complements I got, especially about my legs. Being among the winners in the costume contests wasn't bad either. :D

CD Susan
10-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Keli, of course go for it. You know you want to so why not do it? Let us know how it goes.

carolinewalker_2000
10-29-2008, 11:57 AM
Of course you must go for it - so long as others come into work in costume also. The chance to dress all day in public is too good an opportunity to miss. Enjoy!

avril findlay
10-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Go for it!

"I wrenched the wench unto the bench and there I bunched myself to hunch!"

Love

Avril

Karren H
10-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Yeah!! Anytime you can "legally" crossdress.... Do it!! And don't forget to take lots of photos!! We love photos!! :)

crusadergirl
10-29-2008, 02:09 PM
I don't think i will dress for work on friday but you should go far it.

Angel.Marie76
10-29-2008, 02:22 PM
I say if you're up for the effort, and you can have company to boot, then by all means! I don't think my office would be too happy with the idea of me dressing for success, even if I did go all 'Pro Business-Class Woman' with a nice suitcoat and skirt (Oh crap, now I have this ungodly urge to do this.. I think I'd piss my boss off JUST a little) I myself generally take Hallow's off from work, though this year I'll have my son - so no dressing for me for the /day/, but that night baby H*LL YES!

Have Fun! :)

Jennifer Marie P.
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Go for it what do you have to lose

karynspanties
10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
I would love to go to work dressed on friday! But not in this trade. Plus, I know my employer would frown upon it and in this economy......I really do not want to have to find another job.

DeeDeeB
10-29-2008, 03:32 PM
What's the difference if you surprise them in the morning or the evening? I've dressed for work a couple of times and it has been a blast. Last year I was the only one in my building to wear a costume at all, and it was great fun anyway. So I say go for it.

Dee :fairy1:

MarinaTwelve200
10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Have a gorilla mask in reserve---if you run into trouble, put it on and tell folks that you are a "Monkey wench" :D :D

Teri Jean
10-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Marina, you are something. Thanks girls and being I'm a trades person (trying to be politcally correct) it may be harder to do than I first thought but who knows. I have a little cold feet but that could change before Friday morning. Love you all> Keli blush

Phyliss
10-29-2008, 04:17 PM
I work part time for a Home Supply "big box" store where I get to wear a cute orange apron. I guess many of the associates kinda get into the spirit of the day. I think I'd like to "get dressed" but I've got a feeling that it might raise too many questions like, "How come you're so good at this?"
Probably best if I pass on it.

Nicole Erin
10-29-2008, 05:27 PM
Hell yeah go for it.
You might not be the only one there dressed en femme.

Plus, this could be your big coming out time if you so choose...

You might end up like me or Karren, telling everyone you know that you CD.
HEY Karren, get out of the bathroom, your makeup is fine, we are talking about you again...

Anyways even if you choose not to "come out" then people probably won't suspect anyways, it is Halloween.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-29-2008, 06:11 PM
As for me I'm going as Marilyn Monroe, looking forward to having a fun day. Hope to win the most creative costume award again. I'll post pictures on Friday evening or Saturday.

Again, my vote is to dress up and have some fun. :battingeyelashes:

Rachel Morley
10-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! :D

trannie T
10-29-2008, 08:32 PM
What a great opportunity! The final decision is yours and yours alone. But if you dress you have a great time, if you don't you will regret it for the next year.

tamarav
10-29-2008, 09:44 PM
I say go to work dressed and have a great day. Even if the rest of them back out, you will have fun.

Sounds like the opportunity of a lifetime.

I certainly plan on dressing and going to work... Of course I do that every day....

Your sis,

Tami

KathrynTX
10-30-2008, 08:47 AM
And if anyone asks you which bathroom you're going to use, just say, "If I was going to go where no man's gone before, I'd have dressed up like Captain Kirk!" :heehee:

Angel.Marie76
10-30-2008, 09:52 AM
I work part time for a Home Supply "big box" store where I get to wear a cute orange apron. I guess many of the associates kinda get into the spirit of the day. I think I'd like to "get dressed" but I've got a feeling that it might raise too many questions like, "How come you're so good at this?"
Probably best if I pass on it.

Well, on a side note, not for work, but rather another event, I DID dress for a party, and got the 'You did ALL your own makeup??' look from at least three of my GG friends, which made me a little queasy, but it was more just out of shock than anything else. They were instantly supportive, if just taken aback. Men, I'd say, probably would be more cautious of such a similar response, and perhaps you might fair on leaning on the virtual shoulder of a friend as the assistance with makeup. It might take some of the upfront heat off your shoulders... take it or leave it though. :-)

EDIT: I'll add that, this year I know I won't be dressing for work, but if this year works well for Angel, she may 'stop in for a visit' as I tend to take the day off from work anyway. What a better thing to do than wander around the world as yourself, and visit the people you see every day the ONE chance you actually can with less stress on average?

Wilhelmina~<3
10-30-2008, 11:22 AM
This past few days I have mentioned to a few of the gg friends at work that I was dressing as a wench for halloween and they all said I should for Friday. :oThe thing is there are a couple of people I had planned on surprising that night. What do you think? I have a day to consider this so be quick. Love Keli:heehee:

:daydreaming: YAY!!! I'm dressing up for work too! I'm going as a witch and i actually convinced all of my other co-workers to dress up too! WOOT! I hope that it goes awesome for the both of us!! Best Wishes and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! p.s. I'll post pics afterwards!:hf: