PDA

View Full Version : Tans

debbeelee1
10-29-2008, 10:33 AM
There was just a thread on the dreaded Farmer John's Tan recently. I suffered from this horrible desease for a while, but during the last few weeks of summer, was cured by sun bathing with just a short bathing suit on.
When looking thru posted pics, the biggest "giveaway" is the tan lines; from mid-bicept to wrist and knee to ankle. Now it's really noticable to me, how about anyone else?

Karren H
10-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm on an anti-sun kick lately.. Especially after my wife developed skin cancer and I'm pretty sure I have a precancerous spot on my arm too.. So I'm proud to be whiteish and what little tan line I do get I mask by using a bronzing gell and blend it in well up to and under what ever fem top or dress I'm wearing..

:( Sun = bad :(

:) Shade = good!! :)

trisha59
10-29-2008, 11:55 AM
I really do not get out in the sun much so really I don't have the problem. And Karren get that spot check out.

Babette
10-29-2008, 12:25 PM
When you live in rural America like I do, then you find the farmer's tan somewhat common on any gender. Then again, in my neck of the woods, both genders often wear sleeveless or tank top shirts in the summer. Thus the white to tan transition zone on the arms at least are not so noticeable. You are right though, the farmer's tan is a real eye catcher.

Babette

Jennifer in CO
10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
my "farmer's tan" is just that type babette. I usually wear tank top (or less) when out working with the horses every morning so my current "farmer's tan" is a 1/2 wide+- strap affair to a scoop in the front and back. Pretty obvious when one considers breast/bra placement as it associates to the tan lines. About 2 years ago I was out working in a cross-back bikini top. Only one morning (from around 8am till a bit after noon) but still a big mistake...that tan lasted almost the full summer!

Jenn

Babette
10-29-2008, 12:40 PM
About 2 years ago I was out working in a cross-back bikini top. Only one morning (from around 8am till a bit after noon) but still a big mistake...that tan lasted almost the full summer!

Jenn

When those little white lines finally do get exposed to the sun, they burn quick. As with your case Jennifer, your lines from the cross-back bikini top could borrow from a timeless novel and be called a "Red Badge of Courage".

Babette

Nadia-Maria
10-29-2008, 12:43 PM
Last summer I took many pictures of me in the high mountains by heavy sun.
I was wearing a top with very narrow straps. I didn't pay attention to the tan lines, because I believed the picture session would last only for a few minutes.

As a matter of fact it lasted more than one hour. Hence, even after applying the proper creams, one of the narrow strap remained very conspicuous on my shoulder and I believed everybody could easily notice I had worn a bra. I was slightly annoyed for any comment from my wife who doesn't like I walk femme outside. But she said nothing.

Nadia

Jess_cd32
10-29-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm on an anti-sun kick lately.. Especially after my wife developed skin cancer and I'm pretty sure I have a precancerous spot on my arm too.. So I'm proud to be whiteish and what little tan line I do get I mask by using a bronzing gell and blend it in well up to and under what ever fem top or dress I'm wearing..

:( Sun = bad :(

:) Shade = good!! :)

I'm with Karren, I also stayed out of it most of this summer but last year I was out daily averaging an hour or more.
I spent to many years on beaches, about 4 hours at a stretch laying out and it's starting to show now the damage it eventually will do getting that much exposure.
My fav. thing back then to use was baby oil mixed w/ iodine:eek:

Ashlyee Paige
10-29-2008, 01:53 PM
I get rid of any tans lines by going to the tanning bed, I have a nice thong bottom that I wear and have a nice dark thong tan line there that sticks out a little when I wear my low cut jeans, adds great effect :>

Phyliss
10-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Not only the "farmer tan" from being outside while working . but also a "drivers tan" on my left arm.

The only way I managed to get around this was by visiting the "electric beach" twice a week for 10 minutes at a time.

BTW I don't have a "thong line" tan . Giggle , blush

Schatten Lupus
10-29-2008, 07:02 PM
I don't get much sun. I tend to get so pale, especially during the winter, one of my friends thought I was seriously ill.