PDA

View Full Version : coming out to parents and friends

dionne xdresser
10-29-2008, 06:33 PM
hi everyone im really stuck im not sure if i should come out as bi to all ov my friends and family some friends know already and one knows i dress but im not sure about coming out x if people could share their experiences id be very grateful xxx thanx girls mwa xx

Angie G
10-29-2008, 07:59 PM
Well my wife is OK with it. no one else really knows.:hugs:
Angie

debbeelee1
10-29-2008, 09:57 PM
My SO is supportive and encouraging, her daughter is the same. I plan to come out to a few close friends this Halloween. No one else needs to know!

June Campbell
10-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I told my wife because the stress of dressing in secret was too much and the alternative was for me to leave and live separately. But to come out to others unless you are going to live full time or go out and about a lot seems unnecessary.

marny
10-29-2008, 10:56 PM
This discussion has gone around the campfire here many times. The best advice i have read is if you are going to tell people be sure to do it on a one to one with each person. Don't make a group annoucement.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
10-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Divorced, parents passed away, so my family is my children and I revealed to both my children, both adult and living on their own, that I'm a crossdresser. Both accepted me so the stress of hiding my secret is gone. Just need to tell a few other relatives, but waiting for the right time..

If you can do it it makes your life easier. I started by writing an email to each of my children. For me I was able to express my thoughts in a logical order that they could not interrupt. In person emotions get into the way and sometimes cause yelling, crying etc., writing gives you the upperhand in expressing your thoughts in a logical order.

If you'd like to read my posts, go to my public profile and search my posts. One is "I emailed my daughter" and the other is "Oops I did it again" :battingeyelashes: