PDA

View Full Version : Violet's Standup Comedy Debut!

Violetgray
10-30-2008, 02:43 PM
Hello all,

I've been doing stand-up for about 6 years, and so a friend of mine who does costuming recommended me for a show at Center Stage, a well-known theatre house here in Baltimore. It's called "Drill Baby Drill: a tribute to the upcoming election. Heather introduced me to the coordinator of the event via e-mail. She asked me a little bit about myself, I told her I was a gamer, a geek.. and I tentatively asked her about how she or the audience would feel if I performed as a woman. This was her response:

Dorian,

You sound fantastic.

The Red Sarah Palin Suit sounds perfect.

Bring your whole self.

I look forward to you working with Justin Credible another wonderful gender-bending artist who will be emceeing.

Can you make it on Tuesday around 7:30pm?

Many thanks,

Julianne

Wow.. nervous, excited, and I'll be writing new stuff from now until Tuesday!

Violet
10-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Wow! Good luck! You'll knock 'em dead.

I love how Julianne referred to it as "bringing your whole self." She sounds like a fantastic person.

Incidentally, whenever I see you around, I have to mentally kick myself as a reminder that I'm not the only Violet out there. :)

VeronicaMoonlit
10-30-2008, 03:11 PM
You do standup too? You are too cool for words.

Knock em dead, Violetgray. But not with a sword!

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Rachaelb64
10-30-2008, 03:14 PM
Move over Eddie here comes Violet :D

I hope you have a great show and I'm sure you'll knock them of there feet :D

Barbra_in_Tulsa
10-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Move over Eddie here comes Violet :D

I hope you have a great show and I'm sure you'll knock them of there feet :D

Totally, if there is a group that will "get it," I would think it's a comedy club. God bless Mr. Izzard. ;)

TommiTN
10-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Break a leg, Girl! Those in show biz know what that means. :D

Celeste
10-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Thats great Violet.I'm going to make it that night.

battybattybats
10-30-2008, 08:36 PM
Violet, you are AWESOME!

Here I am nervous as heck about attending a comedy shows audience as a girl tonight and your going onto a stage.

darla_g
10-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Violet,

I will be out of town tues or else i would try and go.

i did find an event link (http://baltimore.metromix.com/events/theater_event/drill-baby-drill-mount-vernon/707094/content)

Best of luck,
darla

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Hello all,

I've been doing stand-up for about 6 years, and so a friend of mine who does costuming recommended me for a show at Center Stage, a well-known theatre house here in Baltimore.
Wow.. nervous, excited, and I'll be writing new stuff from now until Tuesday!

Way cool!!

You and I have more in common than ever as I too have been doing standup for a number of year (since 94). Did a long stint at the howling wolf open mic night in new Orleans and had a blast.

Nowadays I teach people in the art of standup ;)

Go YOU!!

Zara