PDA

View Full Version : Why

cre19035
07-09-2004, 12:39 AM
Why is it okay for women to dress in mens clothes but not for men to dress in womens clothes. only if it was accepted in sciotey

eleventhdr
07-09-2004, 01:38 AM
Ah yes the most mondern but ancient of questions indeed it should be this way and maybe we now do still have a chance at getting it that way but we must continue to fight for our right just as women did to get the right's to wear our cloths!.

kelly green
07-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Since did wonem fight for the "right" to wear mens clothing?
Hell they just did it! don't you remember the the 50's & 60's or were you just born!!?? fk! pissed and embarresssed
Kelly Green

Julie
07-09-2004, 04:05 AM
GGs are gonna hate me for this one....

When women decided to wear men's clothes men just sat back and said OK because they knew if they fought it they would be in the doghouse with their SOs. Then they wouldn't get any sex. Even though they really wanted to see their SOs in short skirts and dresses and high heels all made up and dressed to the nines, it was more important to preserve the sex than the appearance.

Women on the other hand know very well the power of sex. Their sex drive is nothing compared to men's and they can hold out longer than men by a mile. So when there is something they want from men they just get mad if they don't get it and that means no sex. And men know this.

Now if men wanted the right to dress femininely women would fight it. It's really women that are keeping this from happening. Look at the responses men get from women about crossdressing, or even wearing anything feminine. Try and put on some mascara and watch the female reaction. We are treading on their sacred ground and they don't like that.

Men have allowed women into their world to the point that the only areas women aren't seen is the areas they have no desire to go. And those are the same areas they try to prevent their men from going into themselves, like polker night, hunting vacations, etc. Try to imagine us going to a makeover party. We would be treated like we had a disease.

Women don't want men in their world. Men didn't want women in their world but it happened anyway and look what resulted, a PC world where we can't say, do or think ANYTHING that might hurt someone's feelings. Women are all about feelings. Men aren't. We can call each other names and still be friends. Women don't understand that so they changed the rules.

Well there you have it, my explanation why we will never be able to have the freedom of self expression women have. If it means entering the world of women, it won't happen. After all, they have the most powerful weapon to control us - sex. And they know it.

I may have just pissed off 90% of the female population.

Shy Charlotte
07-09-2004, 04:42 AM
Never thought of it that way before Julie. I have a friend that is considering a sex-change operation to become a woman to be with women (he'd been a long time CD, and just feels like he's a lesbian in a man's body.... I'm sure alot of us can relate). Anyways, he began hormone therapy, was very open about it (he mentioned it to me and I barely knew the guy at the time. For some reason I register high on the gaydar though), and even started preparing himself for life as a woman... to the point that he always wears bras (to hold in his growing boobs) and even showed up to work a couple of times in a dress.

Surprisingly (to me, probably not to Julie), the men, although most likely a bit rattled, were not in the least bit unpleasant about it, but were rather nice and it was a good conversation starter for him. I was surprised when he told me it was a woman at his work that called him a freak, and she was the one that was cold towards him.

I was surprised that many times women are the ones that are hardest on us, not necessarily "normal" men. At first I thought women would be much more forgiving (what other guy can a GG complain about pantyhose runs to?). Few things are as simple as they first appear. Interesting theory Julie, and I'm pretty sure you offended a few GG's, finding out their tactic and all.... :)

Shy 1

CDKathy
07-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Julie,

I sense a lot of pent up hostility in that last post. Probably brought on by your ongoing situation at home. Please understand that I have no problem at all with someone letting off some steam and I believe that is really what just happened here.

I could easily dispute each and every point you made but I won't because I believe that deep inside you really don't believe any of that.

One thing you said that I do agree with...

I may have just pissed off 90% of the female population.

But if they knew the real reason for that post I believe most of them would forgive you.

Jenny Beth
07-09-2004, 08:21 AM
I have to agree with Kathy on this so I won't comment further. However you make a good point about how women detest us when we step into their hallowed ground. I find it ironic that womens fashion has absolutely no boundries, look at Cher, Madonna and and many others who flaunt their sexuality to the point of being obscene. For them fashion is everything yet anything the slightest bit feminine for us is horrid, I don't get it!

Jenny B

Jill
07-09-2004, 09:17 AM
I agree with some of what Julie and Charlotte said about women being the biggest detourant for crossdressing but I also believe that an accepting woman is a lot more accepting and supportive than a man.

But to answer the question: why? I think it's about expectations, and social norms. Men are expected to be manly and tough people, all of us. We're supposed to drink beer, fix cars and make inappropriate comments about women. It's a social norm that we are held to by men and women. Plus people are just uncomfortable with it because we find pleasure in it and for some of us is gender transformation. When women dress in men's clothes they don't put a sock in their crotch and draw a mustache. They don't try and pass as men. They just do it because men's clothes are "more comfortable." People are just uneasy about the reasons behind men dressing as women.

eleventhdr
07-09-2004, 11:00 AM
You really need to bone up on the history of females wearing male clothing in the beginning back in the 1930's women had to fight to wear male clothing it took hollywood stars like Marlanie Deitrich and the like to finally bring it to the forfront they did not just decide to do it and it was accpetable nothing hardly ever is without a fight to be accepted!.

CDKathy
07-09-2004, 01:42 PM
The thing that really put women in pants was WWII when the women became factory workers. Skirts and dresses simply were not practical in that environment. And women have been wearing pants ever since.

There has never been any demonstrable need for men to wear skirts or dresses as there was for women to wear pants so that side of the equation was never examined.

eleventhdr
07-09-2004, 07:09 PM
Yes but way back in time males used to wear skirt like graments and tunics which were like dresses in that they were one piece graments worn like that and noone thought anything different about them or the way they were worn so what is the big deal still today men in skirts and or dress like cloths. I continue to ask you it is only fair that males get the same rights and desires to wear and be and feel as they really should But it si still a fight for the right to do just that!.

CDKathy
07-09-2004, 08:36 PM
This thread reminds me of a quote I read recently...

You see things as they are and you say, "Why?" But I dream things that never were and I say, "Why not?". - George Bernard Shaw

Perhaps rather than dwelling on why we are not accepted we should, instead ask ourselves why are we not just living our lives as we want.

silent
07-10-2004, 03:35 PM
Well I think we all need to have a look back in time to see what the facts are. I can't truely pinpoint when women started wearing men's clothing but perhaps it started on a cold night when a gentleman lent his jacket to a lady.

In some cultures from the past and still today it is accepted when men wear women's clothing. Some American indians, some hindus and also as far back as Ancient Greece. But western culture has in some ways made women up to be pretty little dolls. Men have considered them stupid and only given them credit for the entertainment and gratification that they could gain from their women. Hence why women's fashion is much broader than men's fashion. That is slowly changing.
Women aren't stopping us from being accepted in society. In fact, I think women are more accepting than men. When was the last time a man got beaten up by a group of women for wearing women's clothing? We are trained into gender roles. We are brainwashed into what is right and wrong. For some people when you change what the right and wrong is, it takes away a part of their reality. Some women hold fast to the belief of the knight in shining armour. They believe that the man is the protector and provider. Put him in a dress and that illusion has gone. Most women today are far more independent and have no "need" for the knight in shining armour but more of a friend.

And just one more thing. Women can easily fit into mens clothes. Men don't fit as easily in women's clothes. Don't beat up the GGs.

Julie
07-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Kathy and Jenny,

For the record there wasn't a bit of animosity or vindictiveness in me when I wrote that post nor was I trying to piss off womankind. I see it just like I wrote it based on my own personal experiences which include women telling me just what I wrote above, they don't want men in their world in any way shape or form.

Kathy I think you overstepped your bounds as Blair said. Your assumptions were the result of your interpretations and not based in fact regarding my present situation with my son. Besides, it's my son who's having the major problems now, not my wife or daughter.

Blair, thank you for your post. You stated many things I would have said. Seems we think alike.

For the record I have no ill feelings toward women in general. I don't fault them for being themselves. I love them for it. I couldn't imagine a world without them. But I still stand by my statement even if it brings a wrath upon me. :eek:

Julie

JustmeBear
07-10-2004, 06:24 PM
Why is it okay for women to dress in mens clothes but not for men to dress in womens clothes. only if it was accepted in sciotey

Ok I can understand what you are saying here.....let me bring up a point however....I feel that it is easier for a man to be more accepted for wearing womans clothes by his female partner....Where I do not think it is that accepting of a woman wearing mens clothes (and acting like a man) of her male partner....

Just as it is more accepting for two woman to be kissing in public rather then two men...

I hope I have made sense here

I have learned....Who needs society...If you have someone in your life who fully accepts you....Then who cares what anyone else thinks