PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing for Dummies!

emmicd
10-31-2008, 01:44 AM
I was thinking about this for a while. I have read books in the series with several titles for Dummies.

I was wondering if such a titled book exists for Crossdressing for Dummies.

If so has anyone seen or read it.

If not and you were asked to contribute to it based on your experiences as a M-F crossdresser what would you write or add as illustration?

If I were contributing to such a titled book I would obviously focus on M-F crossdressing and I would discuss the fact that crossdressing affects males for the most part and they usually are heterosexual and most are married with families or single and involved with women. I would also mention that most crossdressers experience patterns of dressing at a young age and it pretty much stays with them throughout their lives. Most crossdressers are closeted and do not choose this lifestyle. It really is part of their makeup as a person.

I would also indicate the emotions crossdressers go through such as curiosity, uncertainty, excitement, guilt, denial, repression, shame, isolation, depression, purging cycles, gradual dressing, full dressing, secretive dressing, self acceptance and joy.

I have experienced so many different emotions as a crossdresser and now have come to accept and enjoy it though I am very secretive about it.

I would like to know what others would contribute to such a titled book.

Thank you!

emmi
xoxo

tiffianycd
10-31-2008, 02:06 AM
well I have crossdressed since I was little boy.
what to do in the mebarsment of getting caught "Like geting caught in moms dress" or the embarsemnt of were perfume to your basket ball game after crossdressing that afternoon.
I am a closeted crossdresser. I am liking to dress up but more I perfer to keep it seerct for now since I am in a deeply commited relationship.
Here is some chappter tilles to the book mentioned.
1. what is crossdressing and history.
2. what are the truths and myths behind crossdressing
3. how to tell a close freind that would accpt you.
4. and also many veiws like the struggles of crosssdressing and your faith.
5.the veiw of who I am in the reallity to the person I am in the dress.
the sexuality part,
6. who am I sexualty?
7. who should I date boys or girls?
8. the first kiss dressed up?
9. where to draw the line between sposue and family. what is my responsiblities to my family are. what happens after divoirce. what to tell my childern.
so on and so on.

one thing to is what products and treatments should men use with senstive skin and how to bugect your poctet book and crossdressing.
I hope thatg fills in some of the gaps

SherylynJade
10-31-2008, 02:21 AM
I haven't seen a book like this, but I would spend real money on it if I did.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
10-31-2008, 02:53 AM
A chapter on how to avoid the creeps that hit on you ;)

Zara

Karren H
10-31-2008, 05:48 AM
Well "The Lazy Crossdresser" and "Crossdress for Success" are a couple of books on the marker, and I bought them both... And they are basically CD for Dummies books..... Got them at my local Barnes and Nobel.. In the Gay and Lesbian section... Shere else? Lol

Teddie
10-31-2008, 05:57 AM
Well "The Lazy Crossdresser" and "Crossdress for Success" are a couple of books on the marker, and I bought them both... And they are basically CD for Dummies books..... Got them at my local Barnes and Nobel.. In the Gay and Lesbian section... Shere else? Lol

I agree with Karren. "The Lazy Crossdresser" is close to the ". . . for Dummies" book format. But, i think if a book could be done in the same format as the ". . . for Dummies" books, it would be great. I'd buy it.

SusanMarie
11-01-2008, 01:44 PM
All good suggestions.

I did come across this awhile back.
(Not real, just for fun, the wonders of photoshop)

Celeste
11-01-2008, 02:16 PM
I would add a chapter on accepting your complete self no matter what the result of your dressing amounted to and don't expect the impossible ,remembering you don't have to please anyone and stay focused on the good things you have going for your look.Kind of a feel good about yourself chapter.

lauraabdl
11-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I would have to put a chapter in on closets and how we use them to our advandage, HA HA, really a chapter on heels and walking and sitting, find this to be a challange.
Laura

Nicole Erin
11-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Well it seems most TG books out there concentrate on boring crap like self acceptance and society's views, but very few books actually explain the process of how to dress like a woman. It would need to go into detail about how to actually dress...

- Makeup - What it is, how to apply it, how to select colors, what one can expect to spend...
- Wigs - How to select them, care for them, $$$ matters there...
- Outfits - male sizes VS females sizes, how to put together a good look for your age and body
- Shoes - male vs female sizes, styles and how to coordinate with outfits...
- odds and ends about undergarments and other misc stuff.

By the time someone was done with this book, they would have a solid start in CD'ing and understand how it is done. The reader would not have questions like "Should I use cream or liquid foundation?" and would not need to ask "but what is my skirt size and how do I find out?"

It just sucks cause very few good books exist explaining how to do those things. Yeah one can runnage for hours thru books and the web but why not have it all in one.

And one thing the book doesn't need is the same boring junk like I said above about self acceptance...

Nicki B
11-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Well "The Lazy Crossdresser"

My immediate thought, when I saw the first post.. :)

..very few books actually explain the process of how to dress like a woman. It would need to go into detail about how to actually dress...

That's exactly what it does.
practical advice with a tounge [sic] in cheek style
http://www.amazon.com/Lazy-Crossdresser-Charles-Anders/dp/1890159379

VeronicaMoonlit
11-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Well it seems most TG books out there concentrate on boring crap like self acceptance and society's views, but very few books actually explain the process of how to dress like a woman. It would need to go into detail about how to actually dress...

I think one reason they don't exist is that regular fashion and makeup books can handle that, to a certain extent. However I did remember these, which are close to what you are looking for, the Art&Illusion books by JoAnn Roberts:

http://www.cdspub.com/index.html

http://www.cdspub.com/cds01.html

There IS a Makeup for Dummies.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Susan4
11-01-2008, 11:11 PM
As co-incidence would have it, I came across a book on Friday at a local book store called "How to Walk in High Heels: The Girl's Guide to Everything by Camilla Morton. It was published in the UK in 2005.

It wasn't MEANT for CDs .. but it looks like it was written for us. A few examples of the chapter headings, for example, are:

How to be stylish
How to walk in high heels (with sections on pile carpet, etc)
How to pick a shoe
How to be groomed
How to enhance your finer assets
How to look like you've just stepped out of a salon
How to deal with bad hair days
How to wear a hat
How to deal with unpleasant situations
How to perform

That was Part I - Greeting your public.

Part II deals with 'Being Socially Adept', part III with Technophobia, then comes parts on Home and Garden and Travel.

Part comedy, part serious .. all quite a lot fun.

If its not CD for Dummies ... its Being a Girl .. for Dummies

Hugs

Jocelyn Quivers
11-02-2008, 12:26 AM
1. Dieting, and Exercise- A proper nutrition regimine and exercise program for the MTF CD.
2. Dating- how and when do you decide to come out the closet to that special person in your life.
3. Shopping Encounters- What to do when a co-worker spots and and comes up to you while you purchasing pantyhose, panties, or bras at your local Wal-Mart.
4. Self Checkouts- A list of stores that have self-checkouts.

Schatten Lupus
11-02-2008, 12:20 PM
I've seen just about everything else for dummies. But, no Crossdressing for dummies.

Genifer Teal
11-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Interestingly enough, a quick google search brought me HERE!

Great idea.

Gen