PDA

View Full Version : Knowing what we know now, would you?

Mollyanne
10-31-2008, 04:03 AM
Knowing what we know now about women's issues such as unequal pay for equal work, sexual harassment in the work place, violence against women, and the health issues that women face today are you still willing to become a woman??
For me the answer is a YES, IN A NEW YORK MINUTE!!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Deborah Jane
10-31-2008, 04:12 AM
YES!!!

Teddie
10-31-2008, 06:01 AM
You bet. Sweety.

Karren H
10-31-2008, 06:07 AM
Who said I ever wanted to BE a woman!!! I just like wearing their colthes.... And makeup... Shoes... Jewelry..... :):):)

All of the advantages.... None of the disadvantages!!! Best of either gender... When and where I like..

Susan4
10-31-2008, 06:08 AM
The answer to your question is, yes.

But, turn it around. Is there any choice?

Given what we now know about men's issues ... the propensity to violence, the incidence of crime among youth and young men, the challenges of communication and commitment, the abuse of power ... would you want to remain male?

Hugs

The answer, as Karen's answer suggests, it to be the best of both.

DeborahAnne
10-31-2008, 06:12 AM
Definately!!!

TommiTN
10-31-2008, 06:20 AM
Knowing what we know now about women's issues such as unequal pay for equal work, sexual harassment in the work place, violence against women, and the health issues that women face today are you still willing to become a woman??

Your question seems to imply that all CDers want to transition. If that is the question, then no and it has nothing to do with the issues you mention. I like my "in-between" status.

Rita C.
10-31-2008, 06:21 AM
Mollyanna All the issue that you listed about women are true and so wrong. But that does not change the feeling I have about being a female, you bet I want to be a girl.

Anna the Dub
10-31-2008, 06:21 AM
This is not even something I have to consider. Becoming a woman is as fundamental to me as eating, breathing, etc. I need to do this to survive. Like a lot of others I truly wish I had been born female, but I wasn't, so I have to do the best I can to make my body look as female as possible, hormones, surgery, whatever. I already have a female soul, I just have to make the body match my inner being.

nikki47
10-31-2008, 06:29 AM
For me it's a no.I like the best of both worlds.Nikki

Mary Morgan
10-31-2008, 06:33 AM
Yes!

Slip Affinity
10-31-2008, 06:38 AM
I would have to say no. The way I see it, I have the best of both worlds.

Trish
10-31-2008, 06:48 AM
Who said I ever wanted to BE a woman!!! I just like wearing their colthes.... And makeup... Shoes... Jewelry..... :):):)

All of the advantages.... None of the disadvantages!!! Best of either gender... When and where I like..

:thumbsup:

erickka
10-31-2008, 06:50 AM
Karren said it. End of discussion for me.

Miss Tessa
10-31-2008, 06:54 AM
Heck yes.

I believe that women have it EASIER.

Even my mother was talking about gender issues yesterday with me and she said women have it easier.

Think about it....
I can walk up to a guy on the street that I don't even know and ask for some cash and get it simply for being a pretty girl.

Women have it easier. I don't drink but guys still buy me coca colas and Red Bulls at the bars and clubs.

Women have it easier. We can wear a much larger variety of clothing, materials, colors, and express outselves honestly without having to be considered a sissy.

Helen2407
10-31-2008, 07:08 AM
YES indeed .

tealannette
10-31-2008, 07:19 AM
Yes!!!!!!

PamelaTX
10-31-2008, 08:09 AM
Only if I could switch back and forth whenever I wanted.

jazmine
10-31-2008, 08:21 AM
yeah............if I could magicly switch back when my family & friends were around.

StaceyJane
10-31-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes, I never did a comparison of the pros and cons of being a woman. I just know that I have always wanted to be a woman. From kindergarten which was the first time I was really around girls I wanted to be one of the girls. Then later on when I first heard of a sex change I knew I wanted one. Nothing else has ever mattered.

Stacey :)

KarenSusan
10-31-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes.

Christina Horton
10-31-2008, 08:31 AM
I like to be a guy so NO. But if they made a pill you could take and the next morn I would be a girl then take another one that night to go back to being a guy then HELLLLL YES. Would I get a sex change Not unless They could make it so I could give birth to a baby of my own D.N.A. then Maybe. It would make life easier, I would still have the prob I that I would be gay LOL. I do like my guy mode, So it would be a hard one to make. I still would love to get rid of my Adams Apple allthought it does not show because I am A little over wheight , YA a little LOL. I would loooooove Breast ,hip, implants, maybe a face lift to give me a more fem look.E.T.C. But No I want to be a GUY, just want to LIVE the rest of my life as a woman. That won't happen full time untill I find a wife. SO theres my :2c: Huggs :hugs: girls.Kisses

monika
10-31-2008, 08:35 AM

I`m on the same page as you Karren.
Just like looking like one from time to time, it`s all about the clothes and accessories for me:)

DameErrant
10-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Knowing what I know now, I would start earlier in life to accept myself as who I am, enjoy it, overcome my fears sooner, practice more and have a lot more fun doing it.
:daydreaming:
And who knows where it would have gone from there?
:eek:

Eileen
10-31-2008, 11:38 AM
With my feelings, I would most certainly opt for being a woman. I have felt this way for many years!

lauraabdl
10-31-2008, 12:29 PM

Who wants to be a girl all the time? I just got to be a girl when I want to.
Laura

T Sara Lynn
10-31-2008, 01:27 PM
I am a woman, I just have to live as a male. If I could be who I am full time, damn the issues! Part of being true to yourself, so yes - I WOULD!

Tess
10-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Another nod to Karen's approach.

I agree that women have had it tougher then men generally, but like all generalizations it ignores significant changes in how women are treated in the workplace (at least in the US). During my working days I was in a position to know how women were treated professionally in a large corporation with a deserved reputation for fairness. There wasn't any obvious discrimination, based on salary surveys of all employees which looked for the under payment of women and minorities. Pay that fell outside the normal range was corrected either immediately or when the next raise was due. Sexual harassment was taken very seriously, as in it could cost you your job if you were a manager and allowed harassment to occur within your department. Talent was prized and rewarded no matter what gender, as in moving deserving individuals onto a fast track for advancement. The corporation I worked for was hardly alone in this fair treatment. This fair treatment probably isn't the standard, but thank goodness it is becoming more and more widespread.

Pamela Julie
10-31-2008, 08:00 PM
I am a woman. I was born with the wrong parts.

Pamela:)

2B Natasha
10-31-2008, 08:08 PM
No. I don't think so. NOW, the pill option of the part time option. That I would latch onto in a heart beat even if it was to be female for a week or a year, with no chance to change back until the time period is over. I would love to experience life from a GG point of view.

Nicole Erin
10-31-2008, 08:55 PM
Even if I had to put up with the crap of being a woman, I would rather be woman than man.
I am technically CD but I don't really care for being male at all.

FlygrlChristy
10-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Knowing what I know now, I would start earlier in life to accept myself as who I am, enjoy it, overcome my fears sooner, practice more and have a lot more fun doing it.
:daydreaming:
And who knows where it would have gone from there?
:eek:

I'm right there with ya on that one hun!:hugs:

Christy

Violet
10-31-2008, 10:32 PM
I apologize in advance for sticking my nose in and adding my two cents, because this question was not specifically directed at me.

However, in reading this thread, I'd like to mention something: I don't think either men or women have it easier than the other. It's just a different set of issues.

Women don't necessarily "have it great these days." It's a fact that they still get paid less. And sexual harassment and rape are NOT something to be taken lightly. Trauma like that takes years to get over, believe me. I know.

Again, this isn't to take away from any of the issues that genetic men, CD, TG or TS folks have. It's just that it really, really bothers me to hear people say GGs have it so much easier because that just isn't true. The issues are just different.

victoriamwilliams1
10-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Going back to before now when I was in my youth and felt the desire to be a women the answer then would have been yes and maybe the same if I had not married and had children I would not change a thing about now:)

marny
10-31-2008, 11:27 PM
There was a time I would have said yes but now I lean towards Pamelatx's idea. The point i think she misses is that being a cd allows you to switch back and forth. Works for me! :D

Sheila
11-01-2008, 12:58 AM
I apologize in advance for sticking my nose in and adding my two cents, because this question was not specifically directed at me.

However, in reading this thread, I'd like to mention something: I don't think either men or women have it easier than the other. It's just a different set of issues.

Women don't necessarily "have it great these days." It's a fact that they still get paid less. And sexual harassment and rape are NOT something to be taken lightly. Trauma like that takes years to get over, believe me. I know.

Again, this isn't to take away from any of the issues that genetic men, CD, TG or TS folks have. It's just that it really, really bothers me to hear people say GGs have it so much easier because that just isn't true. The issues are just different.
:iagree:

sexystephie
11-01-2008, 01:12 AM
Considering my brain is mostly female, yes I would be rather be a woman. I think MY life would've been much easier, and better if I was a woman.

ErikaLadyoftheDesert
11-01-2008, 01:31 AM
Yes, it is my passion and my dream,
I don't know if I will ever have the courage to live my life everyday as the woman I know that is inside of me, but I dream of that everynight when I lay my head down on my pillow to sleep.:daydreaming:

Samantha Kelsey
11-01-2008, 02:16 AM
I think that inequality, harassment, violence and health issues affect us all men or women. I love dressing and looking like a woman but wouldn't like to be one all the time. I like their bits but no more than my own.

Maybe if before I was born I was given the options and pre knowledge I would have chosen not to be human at all. Perhaps a soaring bird would have been nice.

Jocelyn Quivers
11-01-2008, 08:38 AM
No, I am sort of comfortable with where I am now, being able to dress like one, but still being able to revert to male mode when neccessary.

sandra-leigh
11-01-2008, 12:14 PM
It was the inequalities that triggered my interest in dressing. Growing up during "First Wave Feminism", hearing of the difficulties, I wondered "What is it like, the experience of being a female?" And about the closest I could come to that was to do some minor experimentation at the starting level of "What does it feel like to wear those clothes?"

That's why I say that I didn't become a cross-dresser until about 4 years ago: before that I didn't have the feeling that I should be wearing the clothes, or even that actually wearing the clothes would feel good or right to me: before that, it was "What's it like to try these on, what do they feel like to women?" That I was a "cross-dresser" was somewhat startling to me.

Emma26
11-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Seeing as I'm transgendered, I surely want to be a genetic female no matters what.

Kelsy
11-01-2008, 12:38 PM
I like my "in-between" status.

I'm afraid an inbetweener I will always be! But not because I like my male side!!

Kelsy

Edyta_C
11-01-2008, 12:46 PM
Today I'm really in strong agreement with Karren. I like being both male and female. Maybe thirty years ago, my answer might have been different. Certainly if I was still a little kid and I could switch to female. My mom wanted me to be a girl. I would have loved to give that to her and live as a girl. But water under the bridge. Having both it way cool.

Hugs Edyta

SANDRA MICHELLE
11-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I want the best of both worlds, I'm selfish that way. Both sexes have there advantages and I want it all and for the most part get it all.

Teri Jean
11-01-2008, 02:34 PM
I would take the temporary pass in a heart beat also. I still like the guy things once and awhile. Sorry but it is true. Keli

DemonicDaughter
11-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Heck yes.

I believe that women have it EASIER.

Even my mother was talking about gender issues yesterday with me and she said women have it easier.

Think about it....
I can walk up to a guy on the street that I don't even know and ask for some cash and get it simply for being a pretty girl.

Yes, its called prostitution and if you are naive enough to believe he wouldn't expect sexual favors in return then you truly haven't experienced life much as a female

Women have it easier. I don't drink but guys still buy me coca colas and Red Bulls at the bars and clubs.

So far you've mentioned two points regarding getting things for free both of which have a sexual indication. If its a matter of women getting laid easier, of course it is... if you don't care what kind of man you bring to your bed.

Women have it easier. We can wear a much larger variety of clothing, materials, colors, and express outselves honestly without having to be considered a sissy.

We also can't wear some clothes without being thought of as ****s or "butches".

As far as the "expressing ourselves honestly without having to be considered a sissy", you're right. We aren't considered sissies. Instead we're constantly asked if we have are periods or have "penis envy".

Men don't have it any harder, only different.

Please, women have it great these days. Are you kidding me? When have you eve rmet a woman who worked the same job as you and got paid less.

We have greta laws to protect them against abuse and they always are in favor during divorce. Shoot they even get off of crimes easily.

Being a beautiful woman has so many advantages over a male today.

Both of these posters mention "beautiful" women so if you are an "average" woman, like the high percentage of us, these things don't always apply, now do they?

As its been stated, women don't have it any easier than men. Men don't have it any harder than women. Its just different issues.

Now everyone has mentioned the infamous "pay" issue, which honestly, I myself haven't experienced. But obviously there is a lot of it out there or there wouldn't be so many laws and legal cases still pending. Just because I haven't personally experienced it, doesn't mean its not out there.

What I have experienced is someone not understanding the word "no". I have been physically threatened when I've said no. And its not just regarding rape or sexual harassment on the job. Its in general. Its something as simple as coming onto the forums and having been asked explicit sexual questions for the entertainment of some complete stranger. Thus the "online etiquette" link in my signature.

Now this is something you'll eventually experience as someone presenting female and it will become your issue eventually. That's life.

I think you'll never be able to say who has it "harder" unless you've actually worn those shoes full time... not just once in a while. You will have an idea, but until you walk in that life for any great length of time, its only speculation. I will never profess to know what it is like to be a man, but I have a pretty good idea that men have it just as difficult as us women do.

The grass isn't any greener over here, its just a different kind.

lori m crawford
11-01-2008, 03:43 PM
i know women have a lot to dill with but to be a woman has to be a joy stop an thank a bout it haveing a baby in side you being able to nurs it ther a lot a women can do that a man cant yes i hear being a women is not fun but thank what a women gos for 9 muths a man shood at haft nurs it lolo

Denise01
11-01-2008, 03:44 PM
In a heartbeat,..

Just wish i had known 20 years ago what i know now, and i would be Fully Transitioned

Denise

:):)

Mollyanne
11-01-2008, 03:44 PM
I want to Thank you all for your reply's and your input regarding this thread. this was not meant to "troll" or "bait" but just to get some honest feedback!!!

Thank You All;

Your sister; Mollyanne

CD Susan
11-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Without a doubt YES!!!!! If I was still in my 20's I would transition into being the female that I know I am on the inside.

RobynGirl
11-01-2008, 04:09 PM
Omg, I am so there, right to the OR and Mr Right, lol:daydreaming:

Robyn

Sammy777
11-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Would I want to live as a woman or become one - No.

Now as far as taking the pink n blue pills go........

waspookie6
11-02-2008, 01:58 PM
I understand the intent of the question though there is a line between a cross dresser and those who really came into this world with the wrong body parts. This can create for some confusing answers.

The other thing no one seems to notice is the statement and implication of "best of both worlds". Think about it. If it was so great being a woman all the time, why would you go back to being a man?
If women could be men for a day most likely they would take those pills too - we'd stop running into glass ceilings and walls all the time. We'd stop hearing blond jokes. We'd have people talking to us where their eyes are looking into ours and not further down (yeah, talking to the breasts on a serious subject does not make for a great outcome).

I really want to know from those that aren't Transgendered why they like being both men and women. What is so good about the guy side that you go back to it if being a woman is so easy? I'm just curious, not being spiteful, just curious.

I'd like to toss out is how growing up female is far different than cross dressing later in life. There are so many obstacles I can't begin to list them, so much humiliation, hurt and things you can't tell anyone growing up not a pretty female. The pretty ones would say life is easy, that I know firsthand from seeing how the pretty girls were treated and what they said. It sucked.

Getting pregnant at a young age I was ostracized. My boyfriend who knocked me up was praised. He was never asked if he was going to get an abortion or give the child up for adoption. I was. Every week of my pregnancy. I wasn't the only one in that sinking ship.

Women go to doctors with aliments they can't get a resolution to because they are "hysterical". Men go for the same thing and get treated - even by female doctors. That comes from just having gone through a toxic mold infection where I found men were always diagnosed and women were given the run around with no treatment, I had to see 4 times as many doctors as my DH for the same health issue.

The list is long of course but why do you jump to say yes! and in the same breath say no. It's very confusing - aside from Karen's honesty and the post from Sandra Michelle who admits to being selfish, of that I have great respect they are being up front and honest with themselves and everyone else.
I am curious, really. Not confrontational, just curious about some answers here from non-TG's.

Kate Simmons
11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Actually knowing what I know now, I'm glad I'm just myself. I've learned that it's more about being a person first and a "this" or "that" second.:)

imarocker2
11-02-2008, 07:10 PM
If I could go back in time and meet myself as a teenager, I would tell myself to look for a therapist and tell them about what I was feeling. About praying every night to wake up as a girl. About crying myself to sleep because I knew it wasn't going to happen. I would tell myself not to be afraid and that to do become a girl while I was still young and that you would thank me later when I became a pretty young woman.

Maybe next life.

sometimes_miss
11-05-2008, 04:23 AM

It's not about life being easier or harder, or different if we were women. It's about who we feel that we are, versus who we have to live as. For one thing, no matter how hard it would be (regarding all the things you mentioned, and lots of other problems that women deal with every day), at least there would be a place we could go to meet other people that might be interested in us. Yes, I feel like I was supposed to be a girl. Yes, I am not attracted to men at all. Yes, that would classify me as a lesbian were I to actually be female. But there are gay bars for women where they can meet other women. There aren't any places for crossdressers to go to meet women when that is our interest, and that is the big problem. The online crossdresser dating sites are inhabited almost exclusively by men. And that leaves us, where? Lost, that's where. I think it's best said, 'All dressed up, and no place to go'.

suzanne
11-05-2008, 05:45 AM
When I ask myself this question, I always arrive at this point: The greatest of all human experiences is the act of conceiving, gestating, birthing, nursing and raising a child. Yes, these events are risky, painful, even potentially fatal and can alter a woman's body forever. Even so, I believe being a woman is worth it. Against all the negatives that our patriarchal society stacks against them, being a woman is worth it. Nothing a man can do, even the 'great' ones, be they explorers, world leaders, empire builders, athletes and movie stars, even comes close. I am both perplexed by, and sad for, feminists who want to join men in their environment and compete with them for financial prizes and status that actually pale in comparison with the gift of motherhood. They have been blinded to the true miracles in the world by our materialistic patriarchy.