PDA

View Full Version : lens crafters

Christina Horton
10-31-2008, 06:36 PM
Right now I am at lens crafters wateing to get my eye checked ,because my only good pair broke in Edmonton last weekend. I am at metrotown in my home town of Burnaby BC Canada. I singed christina's name for the frist time ever so cool. Since it's holloween people think I am dressed up for holloween. I think I pass but on this day I must just look enough for them to say oh you look pretty today are you going to party tonight. Oh well they don't say anything so I don't mind. Just had the air in the eye test I thought my mascara but it did not. After this I have a nail apt too. Then on to my uncles house. It's been a fun day. Oh how canbe doing this at the mall two words I phone. LOL I love it. Well I must go the docs here huggs. And have a happy rest of crossdresser day.

Christina Horton
11-05-2008, 02:46 AM
I guess no one like Lens crafters LOL.

Sammy777
11-05-2008, 04:26 AM
I go to Pearle myself, lol [sorry, had too]

Sounds like you had a good day.
Congrats!

Jenna1561
11-05-2008, 06:36 AM
I use Lenscrafters also. I've been in there more times as Jenna than not and they have always treted me well.

Jenna

"Mary"
11-05-2008, 07:00 AM
I got fem prescription glasses for hte first time a few months ago. JCP had a good sale at the time. They are my "back up" pair.
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s236/dianaprince2/DressDriveSep08/s567.jpg
I told my family that they are a "unisex" style, but I don't think they bought it.

JenniferR771
11-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Way to go Christina!
I am sort of out to my optimitrist. Picked up my glasses enfemme 2 years ago. Partly becaue the girl there was so nice. Time to go again, but not sure this time. Less privacy-shy--and the cost of new glasses is a problem.

sometimes_miss
11-05-2008, 11:04 AM
I never had 'girl' glasses, I was too embarrased to go buy them. But you can go to www.zennioptical.com, if you know your prescription, you can buy them in any type frames you want, starting at $8 a pair for frames and lenses. I now have four pair of girls glasses to pick from, and two pair of guys glasses for the cars. For cheaper than a single pair at one of the big box stores. Get your prescription from your eye doctor. Put on any pair of glasses. Stand in front of a mirror, take an erasable magic marker, and look straight into the mirror. Place a dot on your glasses where your pupils are. Take the glasses off, and measure between the center of those dots. That is your pupillary distance. Now go get some nice female frames, 'girly glasses', and save a ton of money. And no, I have no connection to that company, but it just drives me nuts that they charged me over $250 for a pair of glasses in ray ban frames, and the online ones are only $8 for similar ones.

Diane Smith
11-05-2008, 02:34 PM
I always go to the optometrists en femme. They've always been perfectly cool about it, and I think it brightens up their day with something a little different. Every time my prescription changes, I always buy two pairs of glasses -- a fancy (and often moderately expensive) one for her, and another more gender-neutral style for him (but I always try to pick these from the "women's" frames, anyway). Therefore, I probably spend more money than the average customer, and they have to appreciate that also.

I've picked up a couple of off-cycle (in between eye exams) pairs of girl glasses as well.

I've been doing this for at least a dozen years, and it's been easy and fun. They know me pretty well at the two different shops I've used (one is the local Lenscrafters, the other an independent), and I always try to do business with the same SAs that I know there.

- Diane