PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Trifecta

Phyliss
10-31-2008, 08:04 PM
I guess this past week could be looked at like I hit the “trifecta”, got to full dress in public three times, and wife was with me two of those times.

I mentioned on another posting that I had gone to a Halloween themed brunch on 10 /26. Around here there is a tradition of what’s called “beggars night” which is the night before Halloween, when the kids go out for the candy. Just HAD to walk with grandkids and daughter through the neighborhood. (Two and a half miles in 3 ½ heels and my feet were fine, nice to have comfortable shoes) Darling daughter had a surprise for me. She decided to stop by her boss’s house for a visit while we were out. So here I am getting to meet her boss while dressed.
Boss says to her, “Who’s this lady with you?”
Daughter says, “Oh, it’s my dad, he kinda gets into this”
Boss was taken aback somewhat, however boss’s wife thought I looked lovely.
( YESSSSSS!!!!)

Then this evening the local mega mall had a Halloween Parade for the kids to get candy at each store. ( BTW I noticed that the Ann Taylor store didn’t give out anything, snobs )

Besides getting to “dress up” 3 times this week, the most fun part was being able to leave out my makeup case all week.

The only sour note of it all was explaining my new wig. She knows of my other two, and that should be enough, one is too many to her, but that’s another topic. Since I’ve begun letting my hair grow out, I’ve had to get a new long wig to match my color ( almost white ) There’s too much to stuff under it without looking really funny like I have some kind of “growth” going on. Easier to let my real hair ( what little there is) blend in with the wig. Kinda glad I forgot to mention the “2” when I answered the “how much question” said $49 only dear

Got “Mam ed twice and overheard a mother speaking to her son about “be careful and let ‘ the lady ‘ go past you” Smiled politely in answer.