PDA

View Full Version : Where do I start

Faith12
11-01-2008, 07:16 AM
Hi all,I,m Faith:) and I'm new here.I've tried wearing womens clothes hear and there and off and on. But now I can't pertend this isnt part of me so maybe you good girls will help me out.My question is this I dont own any women's cloths or articles of any kind. Where do you think I should start,learning to apply and buying makeup, a wig, or just jump into getting some cloths. thanks

MarinaTwelve200
11-01-2008, 07:24 AM
Hi all,I,m Faith:) and I'm new here.I've tried wearing womens clothes hear and there and off and on. But now I can't pertend this isnt part of me so maybe you good girls will help me out.My question is this I dont own any women's cloths or articles of any kind. Where do you think I should start,learning to apply and buying makeup, a wig, or just jump into getting some cloths. thanks

Depends on your CD drives---for ME MAKEUP was more important as it changed my FACE into the "female me"---for some people they first focus on the body. they dress for a while until finally deciding to add makeup.

I recommend hitting thrift stores for clothing, and bargan beauty supply houses for makeup----Just BEFORE HALLOWEEN (too late now) to make things easier for you and to raise less attention from others. Walmart is good for shoes. A good party supply store is good for cheap, but servaceable wigs.

Miss Tessa
11-01-2008, 07:40 AM
It depends on what kind of female stuff you like best.

Like with me, I started with makeup. I was 12 years old and the Underground/goth scene I was into was a great excuse for me to wear a little bit of black makeup and my parents would think it's only about music and had nothing to do with Transgender.

So makeup is what I began with because I used my music scene into an exucse to crossdress.

So it is up to you. Do you like clothing more? Panties most? bras? cute tops? Makeup? wigs?

Go to a store and buy what you want the most first.

MJ
11-01-2008, 07:43 AM
save up your money and go get a makeover done .. they can use a tissue and put the colors used as a guilde and then you can go the the store and get it .. colths the thrift store is great for finding deals .. wigs google the wig goddess...
she is a great help. i sent her my male head shot and she sent me a list of 4 wigs ... shoe size is two sizes bigger than your own male shoe size i am a 8 in mens thats a 10 in womans i try to get the wide for a better fit.. there have fun

Sherry-Stephanie
11-01-2008, 07:50 AM
The answer to your question of "where do I start and where do I go"? is everywhere!!!!

Unfortunately there isn't a one stop for all needs....sure you've got the Wal-Marts and Targets out there....and you can hit those places for your basic "let's get up and running" needs.....

One thing you'll find out is being a girl isn't cheap....it's probably much more expensive than being a guy and definately there is a lot more selection availalble for women....from clothes to make up and everyhting in between...

Then there is the knowledge behind being a girl....oh my there is so much to learn...

So here's my suggestion....

Sit down and first ask yourself this question....do I really want to go there? Once you say yes then start making a list of what you need....

Under the major catagories like shoes, make-up, wigs, clothes (outer & intimates panties bra etc...) add a number of desired articles...no established woman here probably has just one wig....nor do they have one pair of shoes...

Now under each major catagory list the items needed. Like Make-Up...foundation, blush, eyeshadow, mascara, eyebrow pencil, etc.....

Then like shoes....sandles, pumps, boots, sling backs, 3" heels, 4" heels 5" heels....

Now once you get all of these lists done put them to the side and then start looking at some of the pictures that some of the girls have up here in the Picture Gallery and select those girls that you find their looks appealing....kind of like what you'd like to achieve eventually and sit there and realize that they have probably been doing this thing for a long time....and they A) started just like your starting from square one...and that they B) have done a lot of trial and error to get where they're at now. Also remember that some of the girls here can really nail the female look and a lot of the others are pretty good but not everyone is going to look absolutely stunning....and if your older say in your 50's or so it's doubtfully that your going to look 20 dressed up...putting make up on and women's clothing isn't going to make a 6'3" 220 lb guy look like a 5'-9" 140 lb female....sometimes we all wished that would happen but it doesn't. What I mean here is what you are "basically" as a male si what you'll be a female to some degree...so don't have unreachable hopes rather have realistic hopes of what you'd like to accomplish both short term as well as long term....

So once you've reached that point now go back to your list....

Decide what you want from that list as your first item. Once you do that then come back to us and we'll tell you how to do it. But we'll need to know if you live by yourself or are with someone and are doing this secretly or if your SO is aware of your dressing ideas and is supportive. We'll also know how comfortable you are going out shopping for women's clothes and items....

We've all gone through exactly where your at now...I doubt any of us came out of the womb as CD'ers....we've all started at square one....

Soooooooooo, sit back, buckle up and we'll help you start your journey into our world....

Good luck,

Steph

JenniferR771
11-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Marina is right. Thrift store is a great place to start. But the first step is actually the cheapest--change your mental attitude. Once you are ready to face yourself--it is easy to go into a store and talk to the girls there. I shopped several stores before I found a very friendly clerk

Teri Jean
11-01-2008, 09:07 AM
Steph is right, it is a journey that really has no end but the beginning takes planning and a Steph indicated the journey can be expensive but it doesn't have to be. As a carpenter said to me measure twice cut once. Have fun and be all you can be. Hugs Keli

Sherry-Stephanie
11-01-2008, 09:16 AM
One thing I forgot to mention....sizing!!!! Oh the bane of womanhood.....

You'll need to see what your sizing is and that goes from your panties all the way through to everything else.....and what size fits you in one brand may not be the same in another brand....it's really all over the board when it comes to woman's clothing....it can be a very frustrating thing to deal with when it comes the female gender.....

Oh then there is the maintance thing....are you going to be shaving ???? the legs and/or the whole body....chest, back, legs, thighs, arms underarms....and are you going to have your toenails painted 24/7????

See there's a ton of questions you need to aks yourself as you progress into this....

and finally one big big question...how far do I want to take this and what is my goal here? Do I want to look like the drag queen look or do I want to get the look that allows me to blend in as any other woman out shopping?????

Anyway, have fun and sit back and enjoy the whole process...it's really a remarkable trip.....

Nadia-Maria
11-01-2008, 09:35 AM
Buy skirt, panties, pantyhose and bra first !

I began makeup 40 years later.

Nadia

janet73
11-01-2008, 09:44 AM
Everyone is right..... It all depends on what is important to you, what you can afford, and how much time you want to devote. For me, clothes are more important that makeup. I don't look female, but I love the feel of feminine clothing on my body. I have just recently tried makeup and a wig. Look like a guy in drag. Oh well, you need to do what makes you happy.

Welcome!

Janet

Chari
11-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Great advice from all previous posts! To start, you must be comfortable in your image and what you wear. Buy a clothe tape measure and measure your guy clothes that you feel fit you well - waist, pant/sleeve length, shorts, etc. Go shopping for maybe a simple dress, skirt, cute top, match your measurements with what you want to buy, get a "gift receipt" (for possible exchange), & try them on at home. Start with basic feminine clothes in your age and size group and go slow with your purchases! Girls wardrobes can become very expensive very quickly! Enjoy your new adventure.

SANDRA MICHELLE
11-01-2008, 12:31 PM
Everywhere and anywhere!!! Do you plan on being "in the closet" or will you be out in the open for all to see? If "out in the open" then I would go to a salon and get a makeover and have them teach you how to do things and explain what colors will look good on you. You can then go to a store and try on clothes to your hearts content cause nobody will give you any trouble as long as you pay for the clothes. I suggest a store like Dress Barn or Fashion Bug since they have always been very helpful to me when I have shopped there. I also really recommend BVictoria Secrets for a good bra fitting, they will let you try on bras of all kinds and will bring them to your dressing room. If you are going to be "covert" about your dressing than I suggest getting a PO Box and buying everything on line, I still have a PO Box because I never could have stuff shipped to my house when the kids lived with us. There are many places on line with information and many on line stores that cater to the CD community so welcome and have fun.

Faith12
11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks you all have given me alot of information to work with. Looks like this forum is just what i needed to help me get to where ever this road is going to led to.
Faith

Pamela Julie
11-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Your desires should guide you at to where to begin. Your finances will dictate your spending. Start cheap, as you will make mistakes. But a pair of panties at a discount store for a couple of dollars, or a cheap lipstick for a dollar. Make cheap breast forms following instructions found in these forums and wear them under a snug tee shirt. These should give you an idea on where you want to start. You can't make a mistake that can't be corrected, they will all be learning experiences. The combined experiences of all your sisters here number in the thousands of years, so you have a large family ready to help you any way they can. When you have specific questions that are not found after searching the forums, start a thread, and we will jump in to help. You will love the life.

Pamela:)

Barbaraheels
11-01-2008, 09:36 PM
I started gradually myself. I started with the basics; underwear bra, makeup, wig, shoes. That ought to get you started. I suggest buying a makeup kit for starters until you find your right colors and get some practice applying. Then you can move on to buying the more expensive and good brands.
AS far as clothing, thrift stores and discount department stores are an excellent and inexpensive way to shop, Unfortunately for me I had no nerve and I was scared to death of buying female things in male mode ( I still am). I was stuck with buying things off the internet which were overpriced and sometimes too big or too small. But if thats the way for you and you have the money, by all means go for it.
The most important thing you can buy is a wig. Most girls at first want to go with the blonde glamorous look, unfortunately thats not for all girls. I suggest you finda wig appropriate for your face shape and soemthing close to your natuaral hair color and skin tone. After you buy a suitable wig then you can have fun and try different looks

Nicole Erin
11-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Before I speak, what specific questions do you have? I know for a true beginner it seems overwhelming like "how to do this" and how much to spend etc...

So I imagine you are wanting an entire female ensemble? OK here is what I did -
I found a black skirt at walmart, a black tee, a gold belt at a thrift store, a pair of heels that fit, pantyhose, and makeup.
Simple outfit but it was a start and looked pretty good.

What you will need to do -
Find out your female sizes. Don't fret over style right now, that comes later. Black is the safest bet for color. You need just one outfit to start
Learn some things about makeup, most makeup books give the same info.

Padding the chest and hips is optional unless you are truely trying to pass, i don't even pad my chest.

But basically like everyone said, figure out your favorite femme garb, start there, and build on it.

Buy skirt, panties, pantyhose and bra first !

I began makeup 40 years later.

Nadia
Why the big hurry? :heehee: