PDA

View Full Version : I did it- went out, to stores, got read, even spoke!

Alice Torn
11-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Last night, i just made myself, get dressed, put male clothes over the lady stuff, got in my car, and drove to Olympia, Wash, where fewer folks know me. Stopped at Walmart, to go pee, did makeup, took off male coverings, put on the wig, and shoes, and drove around town, then stopped at a shopping center, got out, and walked into a Dollar Store, said hi to the girl working there, and she looked at me funny, and started laughing. I told her I am dressed up, like the girlfriend I'd like to have, and she laughed more. I then walked around, and several people saw me, including men, and i just walked around looking at things, then grabbed a bottle of water, went to the dounter, and waited for a cashier. Then, two men got in line right behind me, then she came toring me up, and i showed her my nails painted up. She said she thought i was a guy, because i was so tall- six feet eight, and a half, in those 2 1/2 heels. She said it was a good oufit, though. Then the men really looked stupified, like "huh"?! I walked out, then went to Goodwill, looked at dresses, then walked outside, then went back in , looked around some, more, then drove went into a Grocery Store, bought some things, and the cashier heard me say hi, then looked more, and laughed! She said she also though i might be a man, because of size. I told her it was my costume, and she said, "I hope thats all it is." Even in liberal Olympia, a man dressed as a woman, is considered weird! She did say i had a nice outfit , and gave me a ten. A couple walked by, behind me, and I said something like, "someone bet I couldn't do it, so i did it. I think i look pretty good!" Thry smiled, and looked amused. I then drove a long way to get home, stopped at a fast food drive up, ordered, and everything went normal. Then , drove to a KMart lot, to put male clothes back over the lady ones. Just then, a truck parks close by ], and the guy starts getting out. I'm thinking, "security guard"! I start my car back up, turn to the left, and, had for the main street. He grts in his truck, and follows me! I just wait for an opening, and pull onto the srtee, and, thankfully, he passes me, and keeps going. I don't know if he was a guard, or not, but scared the pantyhose off me! I pulled into my apartment lot, and looked down, so to not show my makeup, in the lights. I wore a white top, pearls, a blue just below knees modest skirt, tan hose, light putple shoes, which heels, make a lot of noise. My coat was a blue and white patterned one,so i didn't show all my legs, was on the modest side. I had not gone out, in over three yrs. At my size, i get read quickly, up close, most of the time. It was work, but, out in the cool night, felt so wow! And, to actually speak, throwing some fun at myself. I am thankful not many problems, no one who knows me saw me! Thanks for letting me share.

Michelle 51
11-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Thank's Lucille for sharing .Sounds like you had fun. hugs justabit

TxKimberly
11-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Sounds exciting and congrats for getting out there!

One piece of advice if I might? Next time don't bother providing excuses - it just draws more attention. You are doing what you are doing because you damned well want to. They don't need to know anything more than that! This is the United States of America and good men and women died so that you and I could live in a free country, so hold your head up and enjoy!

Alice Torn
11-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Well said Kimberley. Good advice for me. I need to remember i served in the Air Force, and earned this freedom, too. I have always been too harsh on myself, too- comes from my father, older brothers rejecting me partly.In spite of that, I did pretty good out there solo, overcame fears of going out again. Sometimes, we think ourselves into failure, are our own worst enemies, worried sick. The old slogan, "Easy does it."

TxKimberly
11-02-2008, 07:08 PM
Well said Kimberley. Good advice for me. I need to remember i served in the Air Force, and earned this freedom, too. I have always been too harsh on myself, too- comes from my father, older brothers rejecting me partly.In spite of that, I did pretty good out there solo, overcame fears of going out again. Sometimes, we think ourselves into failure, are our own worst enemies, worried sick. The old slogan, "Easy does it."

Lucille,

That first one is by FAR the hardest! Now that you have that out of the way, I can pretty well assure you that the rest will be easier. Maybe not easy, but easier! :-)

Tracii G
11-02-2008, 07:18 PM
You have earned the right just do it.Its still a free country.Just pick safe places to go.Oh yeah be armed.

CD Susan
11-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Way to go Lucille! You have every right to be out in public dressed the way that you want. No one has the right to tell you that it is wrong or that you should not be doing this. I have to agree with Kimberly in that there is no need to make up excuses for the way you are dressed. If you feel there is a need to respond to rude comments merely state that you are wearing what you want to wear and it is no ones business but yours.

DanaR
11-02-2008, 11:43 PM
Lucille,

It sounds like you had fun, it will be easier next time.

BethCD
11-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Way t ogo Lucille!! What TxKimberly said! Don't be afraid, just be a little cautious, don't go into areas where you'll find problems. Most people tolerate us.
Good luck,
Beth:love:

SherylynJade
11-03-2008, 02:50 AM
I have just started going out to places, and I will say that every time I am terrified beyond belief. If it's going into a gas station, or into Wal-Mart, I sit in the car for a few seconds build up the courage, and make myself go in. It hasn't gotten much easier yet with each time, but it has gotten somewhat easier none the less. I haven't tried to disguise my voice or anything, and I'm sure most people can tell, but nobody has yet said anything to me. In fact, the only thing I've noticed is once (and only once) has anyone even given a double take. I'm taking my time, but I'm getting to the point I walk with my head held high.

MsJanessa
11-03-2008, 07:37 AM
you look very sexy in your photo--and I'm glad you had fun on your outing--I wouldn't be too worried or too suprised about being read--at 6'8" whether you are a TG or a GG you will attract attention--but I wouldnt worry about it at 6'8" nobody will give you a rough time about it---and if somebody does just tell them you are the latest super model. ps the guy following you, was probably interested in a date.