PDA

View Full Version : Unexplained breaks from CDing??!!

PrettyFlowingGown
11-02-2008, 08:46 AM
This may sound weird, but whenever I do something groundbreaking CD wise, I go off it for a few days.
EXAMPLE: Last monday I met a new CD friend, much older than me (55) and his girlfriend. We had arranged to meet 5 days earlier. They are about 2 hrs from me, so I went down to meet them. I ended up at their house for a few hours so I put my dresses on, and really had a great time. I was made very welcome, and was even invited to stay over night, but I had work early the next day. I had such a relaxing time in my dresses, and with great company I did'nt want to come home.

Weird, that the next day I did'nt want to dress at all, then for the next 5 days, until tonight. I basiccly wear my dresses and nighties everynight, never a miss.....but the last 5 days have been a real mystrey. Anyone had simillar scenerios?

Teri Jean
11-02-2008, 01:02 PM
No just the opposite, After the halloween night which was terrific I stayed dress when my sisters-in-law came over for coffee. They must think this isn't a one night thing but I still sleep, shop and run in some form of dress. I guess it something you will have to explore and find a solution that works for you. Wish you the best. Huggs Keli

StaceyJane
11-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Just the opposite for me. Everytime I do something new I want to keep going....

Stacey :)

lynn2c
11-02-2008, 01:21 PM
I'll go through phases. Where I'll dress two or three times a week and then I'm pretty much too lazy for a week or so. I did have a bout with depression last spring and didn't dress for about 6 months. My therapist suggested that I might want to reconsider since she felt lynn was such a big part of me and not to suppress it. Needless to say, I'm back to being lynn again. Much happier I might add

2B Natasha
11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
I do. I think for me, at least, it is almost like I don't want to take away from that euphoric feeling that I got. That after glow. Like if I get dressed en femme I am going to soil the memory. When I think about it sounds crazy and it is, but that is how I feel. I know it's crazy, because the next time I get dressed en femme I get this totally different feeling wash over me as the memories flood into my mind. Then I wonder what I was thinking and waiting for.

So no. I don't think that is odd at all. but that is just me. I think also for me I have an addictive personality and I have to keep that in check or various issues and that spills over to my female side.

Love the gowns. Where do you get yours?

Nataliebabe
11-02-2008, 07:47 PM
I haven`t dressed in two weeks. The urge is just gone. Nothing. Nada. I almost had a thought about it the other day...then, nothing. I am really suprised that I am on this site and reading post form you girls. right now, I have no desire to do any dressing at all. Heck, I haven`t even shaved my legs, arms or anything else in almost 3 weeks. I can`t explain it. Maybe I am regressing? LOL! Maybe I will never dress again? Who knows......

lynn2c
11-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I have a very close friend who stopped dressing a few years ago and hasn't since. He told me that he just doesn't like the way he looks as he's getting older. I asked if he missed the "feeling" of being dressed and he had no answer, so for him, it was the creation of an illusion that was the attraction.

Jonianne
11-02-2008, 08:33 PM
I have done that as well. Many times when I have spent some great quality time dressed, it's like I don't have a need to dress for a while. Years ago, I used to think, well, its out of my system now - been there, done that. But in time, the yearning to dress again returnes.

So, I wouldn't purge yet!

joanne anderson
11-02-2008, 10:11 PM
I too have suddenly found myself going through what your close friend has entered. I did'nt spend a lot of time with make-up but was always choosey about the things I wore. Often as I went around the house, I'd stop and look at myself in a full length mirror and think how good I looked em femme. Recently I joined a transgender group and began attending their meetings, so I felt that I had better have someone do a make over on me. After it was done I felt fantastic but as I began doing it myself, the more I did it I began to dis-like what I saw looking back at me. There was this person who looked there age and I was shocked to realise what other were seeing when I was at the meetings. Since then I have lost all interest in dressing, even my wife, who has supported me has tried to change my mind but I am afraid this may be the end for Joanne and her existance
I have a very close friend who stopped dressing a few years ago and hasn't since. He told me that he just doesn't like the way he looks as he's getting older. I asked if he missed the "feeling" of being dressed and he had no answer, so for him, it was the creation of an illusion that was the attraction.

joann426
11-02-2008, 10:24 PM
me to when it is in your blood you never stop so i say it is like a train never stops for any i think that how i explain it i was always a cd and still loving it every minute

VanessaC
11-02-2008, 11:07 PM
Yes I also wax and wane with my dressing. Sometimes I can find myself dressing daily and going out weekly for several months at a time then...nothing. I may not dress or even consider dressing for 6 months or more. I don't understand why; it just is.

Vanessa

docrobbysherry
11-02-2008, 11:56 PM
EXAMPLE: Last monday I met a new CD friend, much older than me (55) and his girlfriend. We had arranged to meet 5 days earlier. They are about 2 hrs from me, so I went down to meet them. I ended up at their house for a few hours so I put my dresses on, and really had a great time. I was made very welcome, and was even invited to stay over night, but I had work early the next day. I had such a relaxing time in my dresses, and with great company I did'nt want to come home.

Sound like u were either on the Sunshine or Gold Coast. Both r lovely this time of year!:)

I have similar dressing issues as your friend Lynn. One of the main reasons I wear masks. They allow me to look into the mirror and enjoy the illusion of a young woman looking back!
However, the down side is the effort and time it takes to prepare the illusion keeps increasing for me.
So, I'm not always up for dressing. Sometimes just the thot of CDing tires me out!:doh:

LindaCD63yoNJ
11-10-2008, 10:53 AM
Yes, it does vary. For me, my desire can be tempered by a number of things like having had sex recently, worry about something, being very busy, anticipating something unpleasant, etc.