PDA

View Full Version : If I Were Male Again I Could....

Miss Tessa
11-02-2008, 09:04 AM
Once in a while I deal with a hardship where I think to myself, "If I were a guy again I could deal with this."
Even for just a fleeting moment I sometimes have this thought.

I imagine at these times of facing a problem, even if it's nothing big, I sometimes think it might have been easier to deal with the problem if I were in male role still.

I guess it's because I transitioned at a young age. And because of that, I will always have these feelings.
If I had waiting a couple more decades and been tried and tested and completely failed at being male, thus NEEDING to be a woman in order to function better, than maybe I would be far more sure of myself that transition was the right idea.

See, because I am still 24 years old and transitioned withing the last couple years, I kinda jumped right into what I wanted to do rather than testing myself for a couple more decades.

But the truth is I think I'm far more happier I did transition young so I could be pretty and in my twenties.

Do any of you older TS women ever feel things you face once in a while would have been easier to deal with as a man?

GypsyKaren
11-02-2008, 09:24 AM
Never. A problem is a problem and has to be faced and dealt with from within yourself, no matter who you are, and I've never had gender play any part in it. If you're happy now then you should be in a position to deal with things as you are, having a clear head on your shoulders is the key to facing life's struggles.

Karen Starlene :star:

Miss Tessa
11-02-2008, 11:05 AM
Yes that is very true. I'm glad you pointed that out. That is why I have quit all forms of drugs (except cigarettes and caffeine and methadone and psyche meds , all of which help me keep a clear head).

I had such a cloudy head on dope. All my friends and everyone that sees me on a daily basis has been telling me how lucid and clear I sound in my voice and I am not bumping into things as much and I'm not a mess as often and don't walk into the methadone clinic to get my dose all gopped up on Xanax and cocaine like I used to.

I guess I'm just young and in my early to mid twennies and confused about alot of things still and I will get better and better and even more clear as long as I stay clean and sober.

Sharon
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
From my own experience, problems only intensify as you grow older, usually as a result of having more responsibilities. Maturity sometimes helps in dealing with things, but there are just so many more concerns than when I was your age. And, as with Karen, I don't think I ever confronted a situation thinking about what gender I was supposed to be.

TxKimberly
11-02-2008, 12:38 PM
And I wouldn't for a moment regret transitioning while you were young. Most TS's will tell you that if there was one thing they would have dine differently, it would be to transition sooner. (A lot of reasons that I'm sure I don't have to point out to anyone here)

Scotty
11-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Problems are problems, some are actually easier to deal with BECAUSE I've mentally transitioned (and partially physically).

I keep a bit of my guy side around for this, even if I had SRS and transitioned I'd still have that experience.

Did you go through SRS? (More out of curiosity)

MJ
11-02-2008, 03:29 PM
And I wouldn't for a moment regret transitioning while you were young. Most TS's will tell you that if there was one thing they would have dine differently, it would be to transition sooner. (A lot of reasons that I'm sure I don't have to point out to anyone here)

my bigest regret is that i should have transition way sooner like 20 years ago.
problems are problems i for one deal with them as they come

Sara Violet
11-02-2008, 04:41 PM
I started transitioning at 26, and I regret not doing it when I was younger.

Tess, personally I feel the younger you transition the easier it would be to get over the emotional humps. The longer you live as a man, would make it much harder to shed that skin.

Suzy Harrison
11-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Take it from me - being a guy isn't as fun as it might seem.

I truly wished I transistioned when I was in my teens or twenties. If I had the time again I would do it in a heartbeat.

I'm hoping to transition shortly, but I keep on wishing I had done it many, many years ago

Liana
11-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Lol, i have this feeling that any problems i have after any transitioning i will handel the same way i would before any transitioning.

I always react to things in a way that i see as womanly, often times i handel things like my sister and that tends to surprise the heck out of my family, i do not handel things like my brothers, which is usualy them acting harshly in any situation.

When i or my sister deal with anything its with a clear head.. but i think it just depends on you as a person, not your gender.

The way i handel things now, i can just imagen how i deal with anything after i do transition a bit. ^_^

Louise C
11-16-2008, 09:24 AM
Once in a while I deal with a hardship where I think to myself, "If I were a guy again I could deal with this."
Even for just a fleeting moment I sometimes have this thought.

I imagine at these times of facing a problem, even if it's nothing big, I sometimes think it might have been easier to deal with the problem if I were in male role still.

I guess it's because I transitioned at a young age. And because of that, I will always have these feelings.
If I had waiting a couple more decades and been tried and tested and completely failed at being male, thus NEEDING to be a woman in order to function better, than maybe I would be far more sure of myself that transition was the right idea.

See, because I am still 24 years old and transitioned withing the last couple years, I kinda jumped right into what I wanted to do rather than testing myself for a couple more decades.

But the truth is I think I'm far more happier I did transition young so I could be pretty and in my twenties.

Do any of you older TS women ever feel things you face once in a while would have been easier to deal with as a man?

Sweetie,
I'm sorry you feel on a downer about dealing with your problems as a woman - To do what you did at your age took lots of courage even if you don't realise it fully yet.
As Gypsy Karen says, a problem is a problem whoever you are, and I'm sure you deal with these problems better than many,many men out there.
You'll pull through.:)

Miss Tessa
11-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Yes it's starting to make sense to me.

I have fully come to terms with both being TS this year (even though I began my transition a couple before that)

And also the fact that I like men now that I have been on hormones, but even more that I have always felt a strange feeling for guys that I felt all "guys" didn't feel, even though I never really thought I was gay, I just knew I was feminine and something wasn't right. I later found out and accepted that I am a bi TS.

All that personal acceptance has made me feel an enourmous sense of freedom.

However I still face my problems anyone faces and I thought I would be perfectly happy after coming to terms with these issues but I am not and will never be happy fully, because everyone faces problems everyday.

Kimberley
11-16-2008, 05:01 PM
This is a really interesting question. Since I am a "not yet ready to transition" mode; at least physically. (Some ppl here know the story but I wont bore you)

I find that I face a similar situation only from the middle. Sometimes my reactions to a situation are distinctly male, and others female. Then I question whether I made the right choice in the circumstance. I guess I can only rationalize this by convincing myself that there really isnt a right or a wrong way, only my way. I think though that my emotional responses are generally to emotional situations.

I know of some very femme women who when faced with problems react more like a male and vice versa. I think though that the last thing I would ever want is to have an emotional response rather than an intellectual one. I guess I wont really know until I begin my physical transition.

Good Question Tessa.

:hugs:
Kimmie

Schatten Lupus
11-16-2008, 06:51 PM

Myself, I am 22, and have had too many restless nights and have had periods when I would not eat for several days because I have been too stressed too try to hold out for awhile longer. My girlfriend wants me to wait until I am 30 or 40, and we have kids, but I really don't think I can wait that long. Not too mention having kids then starting to transition would only be more people to have to tell.
Allthough I have worked out a plan to have kids in the middle of transitioning though.
Oh well, but back onto the topic, I think the only thing I will ever miss is wrestling. I won't miss the pain, but I will miss the adrenaline rush I get from performing in front of a crowd, being able to play whatever role I want, having my name chanted, and I just think it's alot of fun.

melimelo
11-16-2008, 11:27 PM
Myself, I am 22, and have had too many restless nights and have had periods when I would not eat for several days because I have been too stressed too try to hold out for awhile longer. My girlfriend wants me to wait until I am 30 or 40, and we have kids, but I really don't think I can wait that long. Not too mention having kids then starting to transition would only be more people to have to tell.
Allthough I have worked out a plan to have kids in the middle of transitioning though.
Oh well, but back onto the topic, I think the only thing I will ever miss is wrestling. I won't miss the pain, but I will miss the adrenaline rush I get from performing in front of a crowd, being able to play whatever role I want, having my name chanted, and I just think it's alot of fun.

Ahhh, if youth could know, if old could do...

Not that I consider myself an old crone :heehee: but, in a sense, I wish I had the awareness you are experiencing at your age. I was so much closeted, that the closet was hidden in a safe... I finally became aware of my gender issue last summer, close to my 40th birthday.

My advice to you is: don't start something that will prevent you from transitioning. You might end up resenting your GF and your kids because of that. I mean, if your GF is OK with you transitioning and having kids as a girl, and that's what you want, well that's another thing entirely.

In either case, you don't have to give up wrestling entirely: women wrestling in mud or Jell-O remain a hit, arrfh, arrfh, arrfh!