PDA

View Full Version : CDing and hidden cameras (CCTVs)

Hali
11-02-2008, 10:29 AM
OK this issue has been bothering me for quite sometime since i have been watching documentaries about City cameras for surveillance, in my country we are just getting use to putting cameras in offices, shops, ATM machines etc (whether they work or not i dont know).

I think UK (England) is the most surveilled country in the world (from the documentary PLS correct me if am wrong) how does the presence of those cameras affect CD expression in terms of the potential consequences of recording every aspect of Cd life and using it against the CD later in life (like a blackmail).

Do CDs who live in those countries have a strong legislature that can protect them against such acts (blackmail).

Do CDs feel their privacy is being threatened by the presence of such cameras right infront of their houses/residences.

How do you not feel as if you are watched and majority of us dont want to be outed yet.

When i think of those cameras lacated outside my home while coming out dressed i think it will add to the fear of coming out of my house enfemme.

TxKimberly
11-02-2008, 10:33 AM
The thought doesn't bother me at all. Take all the pics you want because I'm not doing anything i shouldn't be.

Miss Tessa
11-02-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm glad you brought that up. It's a VERY interesting topic hunny.

I'm in Tampa, FL, USA and I just got back from the supermarket to buy some frozen pizzas and a pack of sushi and I noticed not just all the cameras around, but on the second floor of the supermarket where the big management honchos hang out and watch for shoplifters and conduct business I saw huge windows that could see EVERY aisle of the entire store. There was a man in a suit at one of the windows on the second floor able to see every aisle from his perch above. I never really noticed the second floor with all the windows where they can see everyone before, so today that just creeped me out while I was buying my food and checking out.

As for other pictures and videos that we post on the internet, that can be harmful too if the CD is closeted. See, I am an out TS so it's different for me, but I know some CD's don't show their faces in their pics they post.

I think if someone was running for office with a CD or TG background it could and WOULD be used against them.

Sherry-Stephanie
11-02-2008, 11:02 AM
LOL...I see that all of your parinoid selfs are alive and healthy!!! Thus one of the reasons cameras are there....not only to record but also to act as a deterent through making one feel like "they're being watched every second"....(oh by the way, big suits don't watch the cameras..the little peons do)....

Now are they going to see a CD'er and use that to blackmale someone????? A) the quality isn't all that great and if you can't be "made 5 feet away in person the cameras aren't going to make you either. Se one person watching a camera is probably also watching up to 20-30 other cameras....and is zeroing on someone who acts more like a theif than a male dressed in female attire..after all they are looking for theives as opposed to how many CD's T/G or whatever they can identify...and if they do they'll probably watch a CD'er for a few moments out of curiosity and then move on for the thieves....

Now recording this data....generally at best it's only kept for periods up to 30 days unless they're using the more sophisticated cameras and recorders....then it might be longer but at some point in time it either gets dumped or recorded over....

I've never heard of any overt attempt to caputure CD identification and using it in any shape form or manner....

So bottom line is I think you girls are getting your panties in a wad over nothing!!!!! As long as your not trying to steal the merchandise you've got nothing to worry about.....

Hali
11-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Well, its not easy being watched all the time even if you are not doin any criminal act...................but Cding is not criminal in most western countries but in some places CDing is a criminal act.

Its also refreshing to have those facts about wen the video clips are erased and the fact that the cameras dont hav a clear resolution, but what creeped me out the most is the fact that they are thinking of deploying a new technology that can measure ones height and other body stats to pinpoint an individual and match that individual with the picture he/she used for the crime that is even if the individual use mask they can detect who that person is............ may be this fact is just used to scare pple or it is used as a deterrance, i hope it wont get "nasty".

Sherry-Stephanie
11-02-2008, 11:25 AM
LOL but we're all being watched at some time and point....by other people by the police undercover cops on a stake out in a particular area....sercurity people etc.....we've jsut gotten use to to it so it's no big deal...camera's are another issue...newer technology....

Also I said that they can't tell if your a CDer or not and they don't have good resolution or clarity???? clarity being relavant...as in they can read a transaction tape in register at 25 foot in the ceiling or they can see the denominations on a paper bill....so yeah they're pretty clear but not as good as being up close to a person and saying better than the eyeball he he's a CDer....

Bottom line is this is the direction we're going in this world and it's no big deal to me....I'm not sure though what your political climate is in your aprt of the world...I'd think that would be more of an issue or potential problem than whether they have cameras or not....

Genifer Teal
11-02-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't mind being watched (for security reasons). When gov't tries to stop us from dressing by claiming we wre in disguise to hide our identity (from the cameras), then it becomes a problem.

Gen

MJ
11-02-2008, 08:20 PM
i'm doing nothing wrong let them take all the pictures they want !!

avril findlay
11-02-2008, 08:39 PM
The UK is the most "watched" country in the world, but being a CDr is not a crime here. Anyone can dress as he or she pleases.
The drawback is if you are a CDr you might come across some of the "less tolerant" citizens who might take objection to the way you dress. If that happens to you then you'll probably be glad of the CCTV evidence!

trannie T
11-02-2008, 11:56 PM
They can watch me as much as they wish as long as I am not reported to the Fashion Police.

BethCD
11-03-2008, 01:13 AM
I just went to the local Meijer store ( big chain superstore in Michigan). I went dressed. First time in the store for me. I wandered about, trying to look at makeup, but a girl and her bored, "watching me" boyfriend were hogging the aisle for a half hour. I know, I'm paranoid, but I was way less worried about the cameras at ceiling level then the guy at floor level. Because of my bad timing, I didn't buy as much as I would have liked to. All in all it was still a good experience to be out there buying things. Unless you look up to the camera there really is not much to worry about .

Beth:daydreaming:

Nadia-Maria
11-03-2008, 04:11 AM
I don't mind being watched (for security reasons). When gov't tries to stop us from dressing by claiming we wre in disguise to hide our identity (from the cameras), then it becomes a problem.
Gen

Very true !

Whenever driving on the highways, I was afraid to be flashed and pictured by an automate radar. Now, I am more comfortable knowing that I would be flashed as a woman who is obviously not the owner of the car ... :devil:

Nadia

Paula UK
11-03-2008, 05:00 AM
Its true the UK has more cctv than any other country in the world. More than half of the worlds ccctv's are in the UK.

Most i believe are actually store camera's, theyre not on the streets. And as a past store security person i know that these tapes are taped over every 7 days, maybe sometimes 28 days. so theres no real chance of them being used against you.

fortunately other camera's are probably council run and we're lucky enough here not to have to concern ourselves with councils or the state blackmailing the ordinary person in the street. CD'ing is increasingly accepted in the UK so unless youre doing something illegal you realy have nothing to worry about in the UK re cctv.

paula x

Sonia Greene
11-03-2008, 06:48 AM
Yes, UK is said to have 20%, yes, 20%... of the World's CCTV in operation....roads,towns,cities,shops, inside some pubs(!!), and pretty well anywhere.......
There's an organisation called Liberty here, and they are working against restrictive laws and government. Long may they live!
As to being worried about them, I think there's little chance (when we dress)to be identified.
Sonia

Vicky_Scot
11-03-2008, 07:17 AM
The city I live in has the highest number of CCTV camera per number of people living there in the UK.

There is 1 CCTV camera for every 8 people.

Scary. But as many say, if you are doing nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about.

Xx Vicky xX

Drucilla
11-03-2008, 09:47 AM
Sosoft73's concern is based on where she lives. Most of us are lucky that we live in places where despite being under constant video surveillance, we are at very low risk of anything coming from this surveillance.
I suspect that there are places in the world where that's not true. The news is full of stories of people being harassed(or worse) by their government for not conforming to the government's or local religion's strict set of rules. This is good reminder that most of us should be very thankful for the freedom we have ---and if you live in the U.S. ---make an extra effort to insure that freedom by voting tomorrow !!!

Daintre
11-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I think the city where I live is trying to be the photo camera capitol of the world. Red light cameras, photo radar, turn right cameras, that's just traffic. Cameras on all buses, in subway and transit centers. Cameras in all ATM machines, in most retail stores and on lamp posts on all busy streets. Add to that helicopter surveillance, I would say we were pretty well covered.

Most of the footage taken by these cameras is never seen, it is a tool to use in case something has gone wrong,an accident, robbery, mugging etc. Let's face it, it is a fact of life and if what you are doing is legal, you have no worries.

JenniferR771
11-03-2008, 10:14 AM
hi beth,
my wife is at Miejers right now. 68th street store. Plenty of cameras. I hope she doesn't spot you. Stay out of the toys aisle--you should be OK.

Last when my favorite thrift store got wired with dozens of cameras--I was creeped out--. I suppose it is mainly a deterrent. But I kept recalling how I stepped out of the fitting room to use the big mirror in three different wedding dresses last year. My favorite clerk zipped me up for one of those gowns. I always wondered if the girls sat around after hours watching me on tape. Wonder if I got my friendly clerk in trouble.

Caroline C
11-03-2008, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't worry about blackmail. The person viewing the tape would have to match you to your other self. And unless you're a celibrity or rich it would do them no good to try to blackmail you. There isn't enough manpower available to review every minute of the hundreds of thousands of boring hours of video recorded every day. Most of those tapes are only viewed after some event to look for clues. Unless you unfortunately happened to be the person on the video right before the event nobody is going to be looking for you. Even the bank ATM's don't matter much. I can't count the number of times I've tossed in my GF's card and withdrawn cash (on he approval of course) and nothing has ever been said.

julie w
11-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Its not the camaras that bother me its security to section 2 I know now
its just a bluff as it seems to happen every time I walk through a store
even drab but it freaked me out the first time. The camaras are also used to track peoples shopping habits
to see how long you spend in a given area

Christina Horton
11-04-2008, 02:11 AM

Gen

I don't think that will ever happen. I have no problem with all the cameras . If your think about it , When you go out people see you . If you think thats not coming out well It is. Every time you walk out your door dressed your just wating to be seen , and most people will treat you like yur dressed. Some A$# holes may say something but 99% of the people wont say anything. You see I don't pass well , SOME PEOPLE I ask if I look like a woman the hum and haw, and for the most part. they say its the shape and look of my face ( a little manly) to pass all the way. If I meet someone dressed in drab and they see En-Femm the know its me, and vice versea . So the cameras Don't but me. They are just there for My safety,and the safety of others. So put that Camera idea out of your head And have fun. Cuz if you let it get to you then they win. HUGGS Girls :hugs: :canada:

obsessedwithpantyhose
11-04-2008, 02:21 AM
unless your breaking the law,,they wont even bother with "just another person walking down the street"

they are looking for crimes being commited,, not crossdressers

Vicky_Scot
11-04-2008, 07:12 AM
The camaras are also used to track peoples shopping habits to see how long you spend in a given area

So they will know that I love buying lingerie now........:heehee:

Xx Vicky xX

battybattybats
11-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I'd hate to live in a country where CDing is illegal. Those cameras would be much more of a threat then!

Also a surveillance-state is only as safe as it's human rights protection and it's democratic stability.

Once those are diminished the capacity to misuse those cameras is very great indeed.

Susan Dee
11-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Here in the UK we seem to be monitored and observed more and more.

From CCTV cameras in the street and number plate (license plate) readers on the roads, to local councils using cameras to monitor people who put out their garbage out too early for collection, and the latest idea for the government to track all cellphone, landline phone, and email traffic. And don't get me started on ID cards, biometrics, or DNA databases.

There's a lesson from history - the use of technology of the day to manage and control populations enabled the Holocaust to function so effectively. Edwin Black's book "IBM and the Holocaust" makes chilling reading.

It is often stated by supporters of increased monitoring "if you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear"

but then who defines what is wrong...............

Susan

Hali
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Here in the UK we seem to be monitored and observed more and more.

From CCTV cameras in the street and number plate (license plate) readers on the roads, to local councils using cameras to monitor people who put out their garbage out too early for collection, and the latest idea for the government to track all cellphone, landline phone, and email traffic. And don't get me started on ID cards, biometrics, or DNA databases.

There's a lesson from history - the use of technology of the day to manage and control populations enabled the Holocaust to function so effectively. Edwin Black's book "IBM and the Holocaust" makes chilling reading.

It is often stated by supporters of increased monitoring "if you have done nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear"

but then who defines what is wrong...............

Susan

OMG! am so scared i cant breath..........................thats so true Susan Dee

Sonia Greene
11-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Scary Susan..........I agree!

Nicole Erin
11-06-2008, 04:12 PM
No one is going to even care about the videos from surveillance unless they are trying to catch a specific criminal activity.

People, you really think they are going to watch the vids and say "Oh no! Is that, yes it is... A transvestite is buying stuff at the store!... Now he is walking towards his house!... And what is that? He has keys in his purse!..."

NO ONE cares. :brolleyes:

My only concern when I am en femme is no one is watching me when I try to descretely scratch my "area"...

For real, unless you are messing up, no one will ever even look at the vids or the monitors, security is too busy sleeping anyways...

And if anyone tracks me down and wants to come by to bother me uninvited, please bring me a baconator meal [I said a MEAL not just sandwich] from Wendy's and a pack of 120's cigarettes.

jennyleeva
11-06-2008, 07:31 PM
The camera when installed, must be at a certain height, and how can a person prove if it's you enfemme. Do not look up or around when you walk outside from home. Actually, it doesn;t matter since you do not do naything illigal. If someone uses it as black mail, you can sue them.

OK this issue has been bothering me for quite sometime since i have been watching documentaries about City cameras for surveillance, in my country we are just getting use to putting cameras in offices, shops, ATM machines etc (whether they work or not i dont know).

I think UK (England) is the most surveilled country in the world (from the documentary PLS correct me if am wrong) how does the presence of those cameras affect CD expression in terms of the potential consequences of recording every aspect of Cd life and using it against the CD later in life (like a blackmail).

Do CDs who live in those countries have a strong legislature that can protect them against such acts (blackmail).

Do CDs feel their privacy is being threatened by the presence of such cameras right infront of their houses/residences.

How do you not feel as if you are watched and majority of us dont want to be outed yet.

When i think of those cameras lacated outside my home while coming out dressed i think it will add to the fear of coming out of my house enfemme.

jo_ann
11-06-2008, 08:52 PM
chicago has quite a few cameras itself (I believe nearly every city block is monitorable). It does raise an interesting question, wheres the checks and balances? do you honestly think city workers care about rules?

Nicki B
11-06-2008, 09:00 PM
In the UK, they're not 'hidden'?

And where are you safer - in some quiet unpopulated place, or when a camera is present? :idontknow:

Lori A
11-08-2008, 09:50 PM
I recently saw a documentary on PBS about all of the cameras they have in Great Britain and how they have Facial Recognition soft ware which, unless you obscure your eyes with large dark glasses they can still tell exactly who you are.

Samantha43
11-08-2008, 10:19 PM
I personally don't like the cameras. It seems we are way too willing to give up our privacy. I don't like big brother watching me.

Sophia de la luz
11-08-2008, 10:36 PM
The case is made that the cameras are necessary for security and law enforcement. And, if you are not doing anything "Wrong" or "illegal", then you have nothing to fear.
As Susan hinted at with her reference to the Holocaust, technology is very useful for controlling the population. And I'm certain that all kinds of "laws" were passed in Germany making all kinds of behavior illegal or wrong enough to deserve punishment.

So, the lesson is that things change. Society changes. And considering the looming economic suffering and the unwinnable war against terrorism, I think it's less then paranoid to allow for the possibility that this fixation with social surveillance will come back to haunt us.