PDA

View Full Version : Giving GG's compliments

jina
11-02-2008, 11:29 AM
I DJ'd a private party last night (in drab, kinda cute that way too though... black long sleeved mock turtle neck and beige corduroys with black leather boots - the kind bikers wear with a squarish toe, so I can get away with it). I have good hair for 45, and if i just leave it alone after showing, i get great curls naturally. But I digress :)

I called the woman prior to arriving just to touch base and she was talking about the possibility that she might like to belly (or is it bali or something) dance towards the end of the night. I told her that would be "so fun",.. and she replied... "oh you men are all alike". How many times have I heard things like that when i truly was thinking "you go girl" as one of her girlfriends might. In my life this kind of thing has always made me feel "on the outside". Likewise with guys crude comments about women etc. A TG without a country I suppose.

Also during the night I complimented a woman on her great hair that she obviously went to a lot of trouble to do and tease up etc. Sometimes that kind of thing is appreciated, but I think in her case she just thought I was hitting on her. I always think in those instances "Don't flatter yourself".. I'm one of you,.. just giving you a compliment. Never mind :). Sheesh.

Teri Jean
11-02-2008, 12:22 PM
I have done this numerous times and they do think your hitting on them but when you do it and they know you are CDing they look at it differently and respond accordingly. Keli

TxKimberly
11-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Oh yeah, I've had those very thoughts and moments

Genifer Teal
11-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I love to compliment shoes. I especially like dropping a designer name when I can recognize it. They almost always appreciate the compliment, especially if there feet are hurting - At least they know it was worth the effort. I love surprising women that I know about fashion.

One time this woman had on very high heels that looked fantstic. I was in boy mode when I complimented her. I could see I made her smile. She said her feet were starting to hurt. THen I said to her as I walked away, we're not supposed to admit that. I'm sure I left her curious with that comment.

I wish I had persued her further. At the time it didn't seem right. Now I really wish I had. I was definately attracted.

Gen

Kristen Marie
11-02-2008, 10:17 PM
You can always compliment someone without making it sound like you are coming on to them by making the comment simple. For example....I love your shoes....you always wear great shoes.

Another time I was sitting beside two young ladies at a dinner meeting and they both had amazing nails. They were freshly done and went extremely well with their business outfits. I complimented them both on their nails at the same time and then could not get them to shut up about them......it could not have been better.

Nicole Erin
11-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Depends on how you deliver the compliment. Do you say something a man would say or a woman.

Like take a pair of shoes she wears you like -

Woman style - Those sandals are adorable/cute. I like who they have the rhinestones on the straps...

Man style - Those shoes are hot. No testacle would be safe from their wrath.

If you give a compliment about something she wears, say what you like about it, something a man would not think to say. Men don't make specific comments about what makes clothing or hair cute.

Keep in mind tho that if you say something feminine as a compliment [That blouse really goes well with that skirt] then she will know for fact you are not hitting on her and will maybe get an idea that you are possibly CD or gay. :heehee:

After work Friday we were sitting around having a drink and I told one of the ladies I work with "I hate you" after she described these pair of shoes she owns that I would love to have... :heehee:

Hali
11-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Depends on how you deliver the compliment. Do you say something a man would say or a woman.

Like take a pair of shoes she wears you like -

Woman style - Those sandals are adorable/cute. I like who they have the rhinestones on the straps...

If you give a compliment about something she wears, say what you like about it, something a man would not think to say. Men don't make specific comments about what makes clothing or hair cute.

Keep in mind tho that if you say something feminine as a compliment [That blouse really goes well with that skirt] then she will know for fact you are not hitting on her and will maybe get an idea that you are possibly CD or gay. :heehee:

After work Friday we were sitting around having a drink and I told one of the ladies I work with "I hate you" after she described these pair of shoes she owns that I would love to have... :heehee:

OK let me get you straight............there are complements that are feminine and masculine i know that but just by saying "that blouse really goes well with that skirt" i become gay automatically? ohhhhhhhh i guess the world is crazier than i think.

Delila
11-04-2008, 02:27 AM
I have found that it doesnt matter how the compliment comes all women enjoy being told that they look good at any time. Kinda feels like the ladies around here. ;)

Jess_cd32
11-04-2008, 03:40 AM
.........Also during the night I complimented a woman on her great hair that she obviously went to a lot of trouble to do and tease up etc. Sometimes that kind of thing is appreciated, but I think in her case she just thought I was hitting on her. I always think in those instances "Don't flatter yourself".. I'm one of you,.. just giving you a compliment. Never mind :). Sheesh.

Yea, I call them a bitch, I ran into one like that on Halloween walking past a bar, I just asking her if it had a cover charge plain and simple, she yells "I don't know" like a total a-hole, I just laughed it of for what she was, a bitch.

Some though I will rarely compliment when they look like they can handle a no strings compliment without getting all bent out of shape over it or acting like their hot sh*t. I'd luv to tell them, honey I've dated women ten times better looking than you so don't flatter yourself when they cop an attitude, and I wouldn't be lieing. There's all types out there.

avril findlay
11-04-2008, 04:47 AM
Yea, I call them a bitch, I ran into one like that on Halloween walking past a bar, I just asking her if it had a cover charge plain and simple, she yells "I don't know" like a total a-hole, I just laughed it of for what she was, a bitch.

Some though I will rarely compliment when they look like they can handle a no strings compliment without getting all bent out of shape over it or acting like their hot sh*t. I'd luv to tell them, honey I've dated women ten times better looking than you so don't flatter yourself when they cop an attitude, and I wouldn't be lieing. There's all types out there.

What a refreshing attitude!

avril findlay
11-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Sure, didn't you know that? Also, any man who uses more than one of the following words in a given 24-hour period automatically becomes gay:

beige
quiche
pretty
panties
cute (not applicable in the USA)
hankie
Judy Garland
adore

Oh No, I'm Gay as well?

DeeDeeB
11-04-2008, 08:46 AM
It would seem to me that most men who give GGs compliments are looking for something in return. That may be why many GGs are suspicious. I agree that the way a compliment is put makes a great difference. "Love your shoes, where did you buy them?" goes over much better than "Those shoes make you look real hot!". Don't let the ones who don't appreciate the attention keep you from trying to give everyone a lift. We all need a kind word from time to time.

Dee :fairy1:

ElaineB
11-04-2008, 09:45 AM
Very many women in Vancouver seem to think that any male who smiles and says hello is hitting on them ... and then they snarl and growl back. I even know of at least one man, and a normal decent married man at that, who said hello to a neighbour and was greeted with threats of violence and police-calling. It is bizarre and I do not know what is wrong with these people.

I choose to keep smiling and saying hello anyway, and just laugh it off when I get the evil eye back. After many years living elsewhere I know bloody well that I am right and they are wrong. :GD:

I must remember to start laughing out loud at the grim faces.

ElaineB
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM

Heheh ... I think the last compliment I gave a woman was right in the middle ... "Nice hat", I said.

Christie ann
11-04-2008, 09:57 AM
Here in the wild west, it might be a law (I would have to look it up) that men can't compliment beyond: "nice shot" and "I see you got your truck unstuck". When I compliment a GG they are quite taken back. Most seem to enjoy that a male noticed especially since their husbands and boyfriends don't. On the flip side, they probably notice I am wearing girl jeans and a little mascara.

Shari
11-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Sure, didn't you know that? Also, any man who uses more than one of the following words in a given 24-hour period automatically becomes gay:

beige
quiche
pretty
panties
cute (not applicable in the USA)
hankie
Judy Garland
adore

I never use Judy Garland or quiche. Can I substitute sweet and lovely?
Does that make me 75% gay?
I do think I'm a lesbian sometimes.

Jemanda
11-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Sounds a lot like parts of South Africa. Nowadays you darent say anything good or bad to a woman for fear of being labelled as being a potential woman abuser or worse. Nope, lots of guys around here tend to shut up or look the other way when they see a woman who they previously would have complimented. It hasnt stopped the usual bunch of leerers and lechers though, they still do their thing, sadly the whole politically correct set and tub thumpers are digging a huge ditch between the genders here.
Personally I dont say anything, I really do not feel like having the cops set on me.

Very many women in Vancouver seem to think that any male who smiles and says hello is hitting on them ... and then they snarl and growl back. I even know of at least one man, and a normal decent married man at that, who said hello to a neighbour and was greeted with threats of violence and police-calling. It is bizarre and I do not know what is wrong with these people.

goofus
11-04-2008, 06:45 PM

Me either!

Nicole Erin
11-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Gyod people get over it. :brolleyes:
I wasn't calling anyone anything.
If something I say bothers you, please add me to your ignore list.
No skin off my hiney.

Chrissy8888
11-07-2008, 06:57 AM
I am not afraid in the least to give a GG I know a compliment about their appearence. I don't think any of them have ever taken it as me hitting on them. I try to be honest but I am also not flirtatious with them so they may feel safe in taking the compliment.

WomanAtHeart4
11-07-2008, 07:16 AM
Jina,
Great post.
I find myself seeing women as if I were a woman. Having similar instints, desires and habits. I often will meet a woman at work or socially and automatically notice so many things about her; nails, hair, clothes, shoes, shape. I just want to jump into girl to girl conversation with her: great nails, how do you do it, adorable shoes, your hair suites you so well. My soft spot is for make up. When I meet a woman whose make up is perfectly done, I want to ask her: how do you do it, what kind of blush are you wearing, what color is your eye shadow, etc.
Most comliments I have given to a woman as a guy have been taken well. There is that 1 second recognition by the gg that - this is not a normal question asked by a guy, but it quickly passes and she values the compliment.
There is one question /compliment I have not dared to ask but wanted to ask a shaply gg. Often I will meet and work with a woman and notice most everything about her in my cd/femine mind. Added to that list of notices, I will view her breasts and size them up, wonder what type bra she is wearing, if it fits well. I have always wanted to ask, in the right setting; "I work for a bra manufacturer, and I noticed your bra is perfectly fitting. Can I ask what size you are and why kind and type bra you are wearing"?
What do you think - probably one of those questions better not asked!!:)
Love,
Stephanie