PDA

View Full Version : where from here.

rosecd
11-02-2008, 04:44 PM
Hi all, this is my first post other that me introucing myself.
I know now who I am and that is a 46 MtF crossdresser I have accepted this and embraced this fact alot of questions have been answered, right now my wardrobe is small and consists of lingerie only, I know that I want to expand my true self but not sure to what extent thai will take me, my question is, when you developed and accepted your true self did you know where it was you wanted to go in other words did you know that you wanted to be 24/7 or just when you could dress, I am allowed to dress when no one is home or behind locked doors.

thanks Rose

Karren H
11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Personally I'm on a journey... and I accepted myself decades ago.... I have never wanted to be 24/7... and probably never will.... But who knows where this will lead.... all I really know is.......... I'm having the time of my life.... lives.... :)

Ruth
11-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Hi Rose, welcome to the club. The answer to your question is another question. Where do you want to go?
Some CDers find they are moving along a path to full-time dressing and even surgery. Others find a level where they dress as much and as often as they need, and still pursue a male life in parallel. Some have very specific dressing desires, and only want or need to dress partially, or in specific garments.
Take your time and find out where you are in the group. Don't feel under any pressure to 'progress'.

rosecd
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
I have just started on my journey, I have surpressed so much for so long that right now I'm taking one day at a time, one thing is that since I have accepted my true self I feel alot better about myself, still have days that I need to take a Zanyx to calm the nerves but that is getting better.

Mollyanne
11-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Hi Rose, I'm older(60's) and did not accept myself as a cd'er until I was in my 30's. And yes, I wanted to transition but couldn't, actually I still do but now its to late for me so I dress whenever I can.( wife doesn't like it one bit) I have gone enfemme for days at a time and really got into being a woman and REALLY hated changing back(but had to). Accept the fact(s) that this is how you are wired and that dressing will always be a part of you. Dress when you can at least for now and when you get your own place you can REALLY indulge your fantasies.

:love: Mollyanne

melissacd
11-03-2008, 07:32 AM
Each step will present you with new choices. As you build confidence and see that you can in fact do these things you will push the envelope more until you find the place that is right for you.

I am still pushing the envelope and have no idea where this will take me, however, I am glad that I am on this journey.

Kate Simmons
11-04-2008, 07:55 AM
Difficult to say really. A lot depends on our individual circumstances and opportuniy to express ourselves. In my experience there seems to be three basic steps or "levels" that most of us go through:

1. Being unsure--At this point we are aware we are different than most and are trying to get our bearings. We do statistical analysis and seek to compare where we are to others with the same feelings.

2. Gaining confidence--We proactively take steps to get in touch with the feelings and utuilize opportunities to express ourselves in both obvious and non-obvious ways. We get satisfaction in different ways due to our freedom of expression because of who we are.

3. Being unshakable--We are confident in our self identification and very little rattles us. We may be content with that knowledge or we may want to pursue things further. At this point the sky is pretty much the limit and we are masters of our own destiny and we realize that whatever we do is totally our own choice.

These steps apply not only to CDing but to life in general and very often, especially in our case, we find that the two often coincide. The biggest key is being in touch with ourselves and our feelings and taking ownership of them because otherwise the process itself can sometimes overwhelm us if we are not careful. The successful person will temper milestones with understanding.:)