PDA

View Full Version : Photos for my doctor

LindaTS
11-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Hi ladies,
I had a very pleasant experience today with a doctor's appointment for my annual physical exam. Of course my doctor knows and fully supports me as a TG but has never seen me fully as a woman, only in panties and bra. Yes, they're real :) Today I decided to take a couple of photos with me so she could see the real me. She loved them, saying how great I looked and asked if she could keep them to put on her desk? I was very flattered by it and naturally I said yes. It makes me feel very good knowing she has the two photos in plain view. I wish everyone could have such a great doctor.

CD Susan
11-04-2008, 04:01 PM
That is so cool Linda! Your doctor is obviously very caring and understanding. She is a professional in the highest sense. I have been seeing a female doctor for the last year and I am schedualed to see her again next week. The reason for this visit is to have her determine if I am a candidate for the surgical removal of varicose veins on my legs. The reason I want these veins removed is for appearance reasons only as they pose no medical risk that I am aware of. I recieve my medical care through the Veterans Administration and I do not know if they will perform this surgical procedure for cosmetic reasons. The question I have is if I am asked why I want this surgery should I be truthful and admit to her that I am a crossdresser and want my legs to look better? If I do then I run the risk of her not approving me for the surgery. However if I tell her the veins are painful then I think she may be more inclined to approve me for the surgery. I recieve my medical care cost free as a disabled veteran and realise the VA might not perform this procedure if it is not medicaly neccessary. I do need the recomendation from her and don't want to run the risk of not getting it by being truthful. Do you think that she would be as understanding as your doctor is? Should I take the risk of being truthful? I could go through the private health care system and have the surgery performed but I can't afford this. What should I do?

LindaTS
11-04-2008, 04:17 PM
WOW Susan,
You do have a problem. I understand the VA system as I too am a vet, Ret. Navy. As for as I know, no insurance will provide coverage for cosmetic reasons. I know you want to be truthful with your doctor but if you want them removed I think you're going to have to stretch the truth just a bit and tell her you're having trouble with them. I really wish I could be more helpful to you. Good luck hon, and let me know how you make out. By the way, my doctor is the absolute best. About 35 years old and very understanding. I love her to death.

Teri Jean
11-04-2008, 06:11 PM
Linda,
I'm glad that your doctor is in your corner. Most health care providers are trained to not be judgemental but to have your pictures on her desk is rare I would think. Susan your problem would need to be stretched so the work can be done, and depending on what you did during your service it could be a service related problem. As for me I would like to get my legs straightened as they are bowed. Every so often the knees will act up and be sore for a while. And the reason this would be great is I would be able to walk in heels better. Keli