PDA

View Full Version : Epilators

Debbie_44
06-02-2005, 07:51 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for any recommendations on buying a good epilator. I'm getting fed up shaving every other day, I dont think my arms and legs can take much more :) .

Thanks

Clare
06-02-2005, 08:25 AM
Hi Debbie,

Its not for everybody, but try waxing. There are plenty of salons that wax men, whether backs or legs, etc...

The benefit is you only need to do it every two months or so.

Hope it helps.

Christine.

juneuk
06-02-2005, 08:33 AM
I use the Philips beauty Satinelle super sensitive.
It was a little uncomfortable at first...but I stuck with it.
I've been using it for about 2 years and now I have no pain and only have to use it every few weeks.
Its great!!! :thumbsup: :D

Tamara Croft
06-02-2005, 09:43 AM
I just did a search on this site for epilators, there's quite a few discussions about them.

for eg: - http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6436

Tristen Cox
06-02-2005, 04:34 PM
Check out 'Argos' online. Reasonable prices, and a good selection :)

Rachel_740
06-02-2005, 04:52 PM
I bought my epilator from Argos. I just went through the catalogue reading the ins and outs of them, not really knowing what I was looking at but it soon started to make a bit of sense when comparing different models.

That's the good bit.

The bad bit is I bought it last autumn when I was doing some courses in Manchester (not that that makes a blind bit of difference), but I have been too scared to use it cos it may hurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :cry:

I'll get there one day :)

Anne

Debbie_44
06-02-2005, 05:48 PM
thanks for the replys girls,

I Have just bought a Braun Silk Epil Super Soft from ebay for £6.40 :)
I'll update you all further when I get to try it.

Rachel_740
06-17-2005, 12:08 PM
Hi girls,

As I said a couple of weeks ago, I've had my epilator since last autumn (ok, last fall) and not used it cos I've been to scared it was going to hurt too much.

I used it on my legs today and although I was using the 'novice' head, which has less sets of tweezers, it didn't hurt anything like as much as I expected - it almost didn't hurt at all, so I'll be getting that out again soon and starting other bits of my body. The more you epilate, the less the hair grows back (although it does take years, not months or weeks).

Anne