PDA

View Full Version : Understanding MD in OC California

Jamie001
11-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I would like to find an understanding internal medicine MD in Orange County California. Preferably in South Orange County. I prefer female but it doesn't matter if the doctor is male. I don't want hormones but I would like to obtain some medications such as Proscar or Avodart in order to suppress DHT. I would like to be honest with my physician regarding wanting these drugs. The problem is that I really don't have prostate problems and therefore can't use that for an excure. I just just don't want additional development of hair growth and other secondary characteristics that normally happens as a male ages and starts producing DHT.

Also, I would like to find a doctor that understands TG folks and is non-judgemental. I know that there are doctors in LA, but I need a doctor in OC.

Thanks,

Jamie

LindaTS
11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
Hi Jamie,
A couple of years ago my doctor retired so I needed to find a new one. My healthcare is in a medium sized hospital so I just chose a younger female doctor. On my first visit I asked her if she had any problems with a TG as a patient? None whatsoever. We got along just fine and actually have become friends now. She's a dream come true, treating me just as any other female. Maybe even better. I know many of the girls here have never had a problem with male doctors but for me, none of them ever accepted me for who I am. Two of them actually gave me a hard time about my shaved body and long nails. I think if I were looking for a new doctor I would check the yellow pages and find a female doctor. Give her a call and ask if there would be any problems with seeing you. If not, you're home free. If there is a problem just keep looking, I'm sure it won't take you too long. Good luck.