PDA

View Full Version : How do I walk the walk and talk the talk?

PrettyFlowingGown
11-04-2008, 07:58 AM
I feel that theres a big step forward lurking for me soon. I have the oppurtunity to go to a picnic in a park in south brisbane with a few other cd's. If I go, it will be very groundbreaking for me, cause it will be outside in the public eye. I've been involved with CD meeting groups before, but its been at a private place and indoors. Strange, but I think I'm ready for it.
But my main problem is the walk and the talk, I have a slight stutter, so I have to practice to get my femme voice right, and the other is, I cant walk in high heels. I have only 1 inch heels, cause I've had fallen archs for years, with my feet.
I feel that I'm ready, cause I've overcome my fear. I've become very cozy with my circle of friends where I live, and they accept me. I shop all the time for ladies clothes.
One real concern, is looking convincing. I'm trying to get my photos taken. I'm making querys soon to have some photos done, in a nearby studio, like glamor shots. I have older photos, but I lent them to someone, who promised to scan them, but they have'nt done it.
I love to dress. I just want to turn this little corner, so I've done something to be proud of.
Theres a crossdresser/gay pub in Brisbane called "The Sportsman". They have told me that saturday nights are very CD friendly, and they have accomadation. I might just do that too. If theres any advice anyone wants to tell me, I'm open to anything.

MJ
11-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Please , Please don't worry about the walk and the talk.. it's a non issue just GO have fun enjoy yourself.. I've been full time for 4 years still can do a female voice. don't worry about the walk and the talk... worry about what your going to wear... just relax be yourself enjoy your time out ..

LisaElizabeth
11-04-2008, 08:28 AM
MJ is right!!
The walk and the talk will come with practice!! Your first time out, all the practice in the world won't cover your nerves!! So you have to just do the best you can and try to remember that you are a GIRL!! out in the park with friends!!
It will all fall into place once you relax with your friends, honest!!
Lisa ELizabeth

tamarav
11-04-2008, 08:32 AM
The biggest thing is to overcome fear itself and it sounds as if you have done that. Relax as much as you cna and be yourself, it will all flow naturally from you. Don't put so much effort into it that it becomes a chore, remember that we do this because we love it, not because we have to.

Just have fun with your friends, they will be a big help.

Your sis,

Tami

DeeDeeB
11-04-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm with the other girls on this one. Don't worry about the small stuff. And as for heels, many GGs never learn how to walk in heels higher than an inch. Besides, I wouldn't wear heels to a picnic anyway. They are especially difficult to walk in on grass.

Dee :fairy1:

amber 07
11-04-2008, 11:45 AM
If you need to practice a female walk, type "biomotion lab" into your web browser. It has a gizmo you can adjust for different moods between male and female. You can learn a lot from it. Good Luck, Amber

charlie
11-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Hello Flowing Gown!
Go to the Sportsman and check it out. You will get lots of positive comments, have drinks with people you do not know, and get comments form GG's. It is all good and informative for you. Your picnic will be a cake walk after that!

haapykat
11-06-2008, 12:33 AM
I have to say that as a GG I can tell you I really don't like heels and I would not wear them to a picnic and your voice is not an issue either. My hubby is a CDer and was so worried but then we went out and found no one really notices and most will just talk to you normally. Go for it and have a great time