PDA

View Full Version : a blinding bet

sophieuk
06-02-2005, 02:42 PM
Hi, sophieuk here. Just wanted to tell you about some thing i am planning. For years, i have been a entertainer, magician. Well, my male magic friend know i can pull off a female voice on the phone bloody well. Fooled them every time. Well, one said about entering a magic compition that is held in blackpool every year in febuary. I would enter under the name of SOPHIE, who else. I have been trying out looks etc and still not sure what to look like, fem as possible. I did want to go to one of them change places but for the price, dont think it is worth it.
Thing is, i know i can do this, i can pull it off and be feamle infront of the 2000 seated audienece, but do not know if, at the end, show i am male, or just keep up the act. Don't get me wrong, i am not going to piss take or that. Cross dressing i love, performing more, doing both, wow.
The mate betted that i would pull out. Not knowing that i am a cross dressers. Can't wait.

Julie York
06-02-2005, 02:57 PM
I spent several years presuming Fay Presto was a transexual and even now I'm not sure. I'm sure she's a lovely lady, and she's a very entertaining magician but she does have a way about her that comes across like a drag show host (I think it's the voice). So if you could be at least that Fem you'd do it. (You either know who she is or you don't people.)

BUT! And this is something that I have thought of too. Why not create a drag act that is just that. If it was done humorously it would work really well. Especially when you pull a dove out of your bra etc.
You could actually make the drag part a feature of the show, using elements of dressing as part of the act. (Badly hiding aces in stocking tops etc etc.) Also, you would then not have that 'fake' part to deal with as you would not be being fake.

(And how the hell do you do an Elmsley count anyway? PM me. Maybe we could work something out here. It's an interesting idea.)

Ava Mouse
06-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Post some looks/outfits here, and we'll give some positive help & feedback.

Great chance to wear satin black, bright red, sequins and fishnet hose. If you've got the figure, go for a circus style body suit with a femme tux jacket.

I wouldn't reveal your true self in the act. As a performer, you gotta keep up the illusion. Kinda like knowing how they did a special effect kinda ruins the movie magic... Or revealing the secrets behind your tricks...

Keep your wig on and stay dressed as long as possible, especially if you socialize afterwards. Believe me, you'll love that.

StephanieCD
06-02-2005, 04:02 PM
As a performer, you gotta keep up the illusion.

Yep, yep. Do a good job and those who can't tell will never know and those that aren't sure will think it's part of the act - if you reveal yourself it'd probably be seen as a lame gimmick... not to be confused with being "the gimmick" where, like Julie said, you worked it into the whole thing.

Do go 'head and post some looks - I'll be honest and help as much as I can.

sophieuk
06-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Hi all, i had been going to another site for years, not really geting help with any thing. I post here and look, i get great peole replying. Ok, fay presto, yes, transexual. I have a video of a show she did many years ago. Would you like a copy. Her name was paul i belive. Guess what, it is not even fay, thats her stage name. I meet her a few years back. Would love to have said that i cross dressed, but froze.
the lady in se

Juile york,
You said some magic words there, Elmsley count , sure, i can help. You knowing that, are you in to magic then. I did think of the drag style. But, and please any one who does this, i feel its like taking the piss out of woman. I worship the ground they walk on. I want people to think " wow, shes good. Also, when i have seen other female magicians, they seem to perform in such a style which is very girly. I will PM you asap.

Ava Mouse
Thank you, i wished i had the figure for the sexy stuff. My the way, you look great, real fem. I Had thought alot about the idea of, if winning, to take the mike, talk girly, then thank you's in a male voice. An extra surpirse, but, hearing you said about walking around after, that does sound better. So, some might guess or work it out. But it would be so much fun. As i can do a female voice bloody well, i could pull it off.

StephanieCD
You are so right. Its not gimmick. Its me. This way, my mates who would be going along would also get used to me dressing up. Then again, they seem ok about me doing this.

Love sophie.

MonaSmith
06-03-2005, 09:06 PM
I spent several years presuming Fay Presto was a transexual and even now I'm not sure. I'm sure she's a lovely lady, and she's a very entertaining magician but she does have a way about her that comes across like a drag show host (I think it's the voice). So if you could be at least that Fem you'd do it. (You either know who she is or you don't people.Hi, Fay Presto is TS, I saw her on a TV(no, the other kind of TV) programme taking about it. She has large hands and is very self conscious about them and was saying how she kept her nails really long to make them look more feminine.

Mona x.