PDA

View Full Version : My first nailpolish

Shaauna
06-02-2005, 03:47 PM
Well, you girls are giving me courage. I bought some nail polish today and I'm putting it on my toenails right now. It's bright, glittery pink. Wow, this stuff is hard to apply, especially when you don't exactly have the most perfect toenails.

Well, that's my little moment of courage.

heathr1
06-02-2005, 03:50 PM
Before you know it, you'll be buying...

lipsticks

Lipglosses

mascaras

blushers

foundations

brushes and a case to keep them in.

heathr1
06-02-2005, 03:52 PM
nailpolish remover too!

I forgot when I first painted my nails.

Shaauna
06-02-2005, 03:55 PM
I almost bought lipstick today too, but I chickened out. Stuff like that I might try on a weekend or something but never out in public. The nailpolish is hidden at least, but I'll know it's there. That alone is a bit of a thrill, like wearing my thong panties at work under my regular pants.

Thanks for cheering me on!

Shaauna
06-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Nailpolish remover? Drat!

StephanieCD
06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Congrats! My first was a month or two ago. Now I own 3 or 4. Still not very good at putting it on :( But - take a bubble bath and look at your toes under the bubbles - makes ya giggle every time :bunny:

heathr1
06-02-2005, 03:59 PM
you buy?

Shaauna
06-02-2005, 04:02 PM
Heheh, well if I could fit my 6'1" body into a bathtub I would, but thanks for the suggestion ;)

Lately I've been wanting to do more and more girly things. I need to get some more stockings but damn I'm so hard on them.

Part of me wants to walk out on my balcony in the evening wearing some sexy lingerie, but the other 99.999999999999% of my brain won't let me, heh.

It's nice to be able to say these things here.

Shaauna
06-02-2005, 04:04 PM
you buy?

Just some cheap stuff... Wet 'n' Wild it looks like. Oh, and some Maybelline Cool Effect blush color.

CharleneCD
06-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Way to go Shaunna. All journeys begin with the first step. Treat this one like a vacation and enjoy

BecomingBrooke
06-02-2005, 04:43 PM
cool...i bought some make up just a few weeks ago i've expermented a bit and i have my own make up and nail polish now! YEY!

Shaauna
06-02-2005, 04:47 PM
cool...i bought some make up just a few weeks ago i've expermented a bit and i have my own make up and nail polish now! YEY!

Al right! Isn't this cool? Now I want some lipstick too. Darn it all, what are you girls doing to me? I just wanted to wear lingerie and now you have me posting (partial) pictures and wanting to wear makeup.

You girls are great!

CharleneCD
06-02-2005, 04:54 PM
We are just here to corrupt your morals :D . Btw dont forget the wig is what tops the look off.

Shaauna
06-02-2005, 06:14 PM
Don't think I haven't looked at wigs online ;) Baby steps though... baby steps.

Deanna2
06-02-2005, 09:24 PM
You need to try some clear polish for your fingernails for everyday wear. Either matte or wet shine. I prefer the latter.

Luvya

Tristen Cox
06-03-2005, 12:45 AM
If you're hard on stockings/hose try some tights 15 denier should do. No runs and last a lot longer. Worth the little bit extra $ And shinny too :D

http://img68.echo.cx/img68/8863/eyes8ip.gif

Mia lynn
06-03-2005, 04:09 AM
Hi Shaauna

Being a girl is soo very much fun. I love painting my lips with wet and wild lipstick, cherry red is this girl's color of choice. My toenails aren't in the best of shape but look so much better with a coat of bright red nail polish. I still have a long way to before I come the girl of my dream. I'll get there though.
Hugs
Mia Lynn

Imogen_Mann
06-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Toe nails I have managed, but I just cant get my left hand to paint my right hand's nails ! It's a nightmare unless I take about 45 minutes per hand, but then it's always worth the effort. :)

XX

Jayme.

ronna
06-03-2005, 12:58 PM
I like to use red polish too. After reading the bottle label, since I had no idea what I was doing, I decided to follow the directions and use a clear base coat first. Not only was that a good practice run, but the polish covered much better and it is supposed to prevent yellowing of the nails.

My biggest problem came when I realized there was a hole in my sock and the red polish wasn't hidden anymore! Oops, I wasn't meaning to show it off...
:o

Emily Ann Brown
06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
When I get the nails polished finally and I realize those beautiful hands holding that skirt out in front of me are mine....WOWWWWW ! Such a rush !!
Emily Ann

paulaN
06-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I learned something after years of struggling with polish remover, yes remover, after all polish has to come off sometime. I got an acid brush from my tool box. that is a narrow brush 1/4 " of so wide. any small brush will prob. work. I cut the brishells short with a pair of sicors Now I can get the polish off that gets stuck in along my cuticals. this works like a charm. try it. sorry about spelling.

Shaauna
06-03-2005, 05:55 PM
Thanks for the tip. I was wondering about the cuticles.

I was going to post a picture of my results but after seeing what my big feet look like from the front, I opted against it. However, I think I'm going to fight 30 years of habit and let the nails grow a bit longer so they're a bit more feminine looking.

I'm also going to get some clear polish or whatever it is and try it on my fingernails.

See what you girls are doing to me?

DanaJ
06-03-2005, 06:01 PM
You can also use a Q-Tip (cotton bud) to get stubborn polish off around the cuticles...

DanaJ

Addie
06-03-2005, 10:48 PM
Isn't it a nice experience to do that. I really enjoy that.

I always have a delimma with when to take it off.

What's your plan?

- Addie

Shaauna
06-03-2005, 11:15 PM
Well, to be honest, I didn't really think it all through. I have almost no social life so it's not like there will be many opportunities for others to accidentally see them. What I did realize, though, is that I never wear socks around the apartment, even if I go downstairs to do laundry. I have to remember to put socks on before I do that now. Even the really cute girl across the hall commented that I never wear socks just like her ;)

For fun I threw on a quick layer of polish on one fingernail just to see what it was like. Lesson for today: that stuff will not come off without chemical assistance, heh. "Oh that? It's just some paint from work"

Addie
06-03-2005, 11:20 PM
r u saying the girl next door thinks you have sexy toes?

Shaauna
06-03-2005, 11:45 PM
Heheh, no. I'd be worried if she did considering what they look like. I wasn't wearing nail polish at the time.

Wouldn't that be something if she did though? If she saw me wearing the polish and thought it was cool? She is quite a sweety and I have already seen her in her nightgown ;)

Clare
06-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Been wearing nail polish on my toes for years with my wife's ok. she thought it just a fun thing - sort of enjoyed it almost and i did put polish on her toes for her, so she thanked me for that.

However, she was NOT keen on me putting nail polish on my fingers, which i looked after and were quite long - the polish looked very feminine on my hands.

anyway, in most cases i have been able to wear nail polish without due upset to the wife.

Christine

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-04-2005, 01:44 AM
Lesson for today: that stuff will not come off without chemical assistance, heh. "Oh that? It's just some paint from work"
First time I used nail polish I ended up scratching it off with a knife, after everyone saw it and was asking me about it.
"My sister did it in my sleep"

My excuses rock.

Sarah Ellis
06-04-2005, 05:39 AM
there are 2 ways to remove the polish without the remover stuff... One is to chop your fingers or toes off. Not recommended as they tend not to grow back. The other is to use bleach and a scouring pad. This can be a bit painful and result in the loss of your digits too.
Just remember girls, when you purchase that shiny hot pink polish, remember the remover too. I'm another one who forgot first time I polished my nails.

Shaauna
06-04-2005, 01:01 PM
there are 2 ways to remove the polish without the remover stuff... One is to chop your fingers or toes off. Not recommended as they tend not to grow back. The other is to use bleach and a scouring pad. This can be a bit painful and result in the loss of your digits too.
Just remember girls, when you purchase that shiny hot pink polish, remember the remover too. I'm another one who forgot first time I polished my nails.

Well, I wish I had read your warning first as I tried the first method. On the plus side, my feet are now a size 10. On the downside, I keep passing out and I can't figure out why.

Sarah Ellis
06-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Well, I wish I had read your warning first as I tried the first method. On the plus side, my feet are now a size 10. On the downside, I keep passing out and I can't figure out why.

Try standing on your head so the blood don't leak out from where your toes were......... lol :lol: :rotflmao: :hugs: :wave:

Shaauna
06-04-2005, 01:56 PM
Try standing on your head so the blood don't leak out from where your toes were......... lol :lol: :rotflmao: :hugs: :wave:

But then my skirt will flop down and my panties will show!

Sarah Ellis
06-04-2005, 03:19 PM
But then my skirt will flop down and my panties will show!

We'll all have to keep our eyes closed then...... Unless you wanted them to show... lol... You can of course just keep the skirt tied down with tape... Very useful when the wind blows too...... lol
:hiding: :duh:

Shaauna
06-07-2005, 04:23 PM
Well, I grabbed some nailpolish remover today and some clear polish. I'm doing my fingernails right now but I'm afraid the shininess will be noticed. I'm going to take a chance tomorrow.

I also picked up some lipstick. That's a weird feeling. It's like my lips are sort of sweating and it's not a great feeling, but I'll probably get used to it. Of course, being a single guy I grabbed a swig of Coke from the 2L bottle - lipstick on the bottle now! I poured some into a glass and took a drink - lipstick on the glass! How do you put up with it?

JoAnnDallas
06-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Shaauna..... don't worry about being seen with clear nail polish on. Just tell them you have splitting nails and you use Nail Harder on them. Which is basicly what clear nail polish is. I use clear all the time. My sister caught me putting on clear nail polish the other day. She came up, took my hand, looked at my nails, and said " yep, you got your nails from our mother". We got talking about nails and she even suggested that I might even want to get professionally done nails. I just looked at her kinda shocked and then she said ' A lot of men get theirs done at the salon I goto". :)

Shaauna
06-08-2005, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the advice. I actually thought of something along those lines. What happened though was that the polish on my one baby finger totally peeled off in one swipe when it brushed up against something. That lead to me picking at the others out of fear that the one "dull" nail would stand out amongst the shiny. I basically chickened out. But I'm putting on some sparkly polish right now just to wear for the evening, so I'm feeling better about it. I like the feeling when it goes on - that sort of cool sensation.

Pip
06-08-2005, 04:39 PM
I painted mine and my wifes toenails last night. We forgot the clear coat first but did two coats of polish and a third coat of clear. I must say, for big feet, my toes sure do look sexy now.

Also, I work in a definate mans job. Going to work today was inspiring knowing that beneath my service uniform I had shaven legs and red toenails. I was loving every minute of it.

One last thing Shaauna....I'm 6'4" and I fit in a bathtub so I know you can too! Taking a bubble bath with smooth legs and painted nails is invigorating!

Pip

Shaauna
06-08-2005, 05:07 PM
Haha, very nice.

I know what you mean about knowing what's underneath your clothes. I've been shaving pretty much from the waist down for a while now. While that's quite a pain, the feeling afterwards is so incredible. Now I have the shiny pink toenails so I get off on knowing that I have them while at work. I'm wearing sparkly pink polish on my fingernails right now and red lipstick but of course I'll remove it tonight. I am really getting into this. I'm not a very attractive person but doing this kind of stuff makes me feel better about myself.

Have you shaved under your arms yet? I started that a couple months ago and it's a wild feeling. I thought for sure I'd have problems with rashes or irritation or something but I haven't had any trouble at all. Shaving other parts of my body is another story all together ;)

Take care and thanks for your reply. This is quite a wild ride we're on, isn't it?

Pip
06-08-2005, 07:22 PM
I actually did shave my arm pits too....feels neat and I had no irritation either.

The wife has drawn the line at me shaving the small patch of hair on my chest though!

Drat!!!

Pip

Sarah Ellis
06-08-2005, 07:49 PM
Underarm hair.......... YUCK ! ! !

Shaauna
06-08-2005, 07:52 PM
I actually have a somewhat valid reason for shaving my chest. It's pretty bare but there's always been some hair on the right side but none on the left. It always bugged me until about a year ago when I finally shaved it. Weird eh?

CharleneCD
06-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Ok Shaauna, it official now. We have corrupted you. You lucky girl.

MarieTS
06-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Shauuna-- Just remember to use light coats. You can always go back and apply another coat. Also, don't forget to seal it with a top-coat. The top coat protects the finish and adds a bit of shine as well.

Chances are your nails are getting messed up during drying time. You may want to try Maybelline Express nail polish. It drys VERY fast and smudge free!

MichelleH
06-09-2005, 11:28 AM
For quick and easy removal of nail polish, I like the little jars of sold by Fingr's and other companies for removal of artificial nails. They have a brush built in to the jar. For those last little traces of polish, Q-tips are great.

MichelleH

Shaauna
06-09-2005, 05:05 PM
Thanks for the tips. I've been finding that this "cheap" stuff is exactly that - cheap. It seems to take forever to harden fully. The next time I get the courage to buy some more I'll splurge on some good stuff.

I blame Charlene for my corruption, by the way. I hold her personally responsible for all my actions.

ronna
06-11-2005, 11:42 AM
Does this sound weird?
I bought some press-on nails and even though I haven't worn them yet, I like to paint them with polish and see how pretty I can make them. Eventually I plan to wear them, but while I can't now I can still "do my nails."

And you definitely get high on that polish while you're applying it! Whew!
I can see why women have so much fun with it.

CharleneCD
06-11-2005, 01:23 PM
I accept full responsibility. Anything to help out a fellow gal.

Shaauna
06-11-2005, 10:24 PM
Does this sound weird?
I bought some press-on nails and even though I haven't worn them yet, I like to paint them with polish and see how pretty I can make them. Eventually I plan to wear them, but while I can't now I can still "do my nails."

And you definitely get high on that polish while you're applying it! Whew!
I can see why women have so much fun with it.

Right now I kind of like the process of painting my nails. I'm getting a little better at it, though my nails are in rough shape to beginwith. Get this though: because I want my nails to look better when painted, I'm actually beginning to take better care of them! No more picking at them (that's a hard habit to break) and I'm going to trim them properly.

I like your idea of the press-on nails though... I might have to give that a go ;) I wonder if they make them for toenails? Heheh.

I'm really tempted to try eye makeup next but I don't know about getting the damn stuff off. Plus I need to be really careful about stuff near my eyes. Well, I guess everyone does, but some more than others.

CharleneCD
06-12-2005, 10:19 AM
Shaauna, I use Ponds cleansing wipes to remove my makeup. They do a really nice job on cleaning my face.

curlyalmond
06-12-2005, 10:57 AM
I'm glad to see others have the same concern. I first bought lipstick at a drug store in 1985, I used a piece of paper with the brand and color writen down and gave it to the store clerk and said this is what my wife wanted... I still felt funny, but what a thrill to try my own lipstick on... Since then the internet has help alot order and try to intercept before my wife gets to the mail... I wish I had a wife that could take part in my dressing like some of you do.

ronna
06-12-2005, 09:30 PM
Yes, Shaauna, the toenails are fun to paint.
I've heard of guys that paint their girl's nails before, and that always sounded a bit odd to me. I like doing my own, though. Maybe it would be fun to do another's.

Jenna1561
06-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Hi, just want to add my 2 cents worth. I started using clear nail polish about 2 months ago, and yes it is a little shiny, but no one has said a word. This week I polished my toenails and told my wife that I always wondered what it was like and it would help cover my UGLY nails. That was that, I don't make a big deal of it, don't hide it and she hasn't said anything.

Now, my 17 year old son gave them a couple of double or triple takes but didn't say anything. My 15 year old daughter asked why my toenails were pink. I told her that I wondered what they would look like and that now her Mom and I have "twinkie" feet!

My two younger boys have seen them, but haven't said anything.

On a side note, I have been wearing foundation and mascara nearly everyday for about 7 months, and no one has said anything. My wife doesn't know, but I put them both on lightly for that "natural" look. The foundation really evens out my complexion (which is usually a mess) and the mascara gives my lashes some definition. I do have to be careful about clumping and actually comb the lashes out after applying the mascara. This helps remove clumps and separates the lashes.

Jenna

Rachel Ann
06-13-2005, 01:59 AM
I first tried painting my toenails (scarlet) a couple of months ago. I didn't know about putting down a base coat of clear polish, so I've been trying to get it all off ever since. I definitely need something more "industrial strength" than Cutex. They will eventually grow out, but that will take forever.

I'm not in a position to let my fingernails grow long yet, so I've been relying on fake nails (Revlon). They do have a way of popping off at the most inconvenient moments. The first thing I learned: If you're right handed, do the right hand first!