PDA

View Full Version : Mummy!!

Rachel_740
06-02-2005, 05:07 PM
Hi Girls,

I've had a day out with my Mummy today, doing some essential bits and pieces (family stuff I'm not going into).

Anyway, it meant a 2 1/2 hours drive each way to South Wales. during the day I had a good chance to talk to Mum about this and that and, without any prompting or anything from me she was telling me about some more personal girly bits and pieces, habits etc. - things that there is know way she would have spoken to HIM about.

It's also the first chance I've had to spend time with her out in the big wide world, the middle of town where comments may be made about me and things like that and she was as relaxed as if she was with HIM.

Coming home I asked her if she was getting used to me having transitioned, added that it must be difficult for her having a son for 43 years and suddenly he is no more and she has a daughter instead, and she said that she is quite happy with me and my decision, although it is obviously going to take her a while to get used to my name, and she thinks Dad will take an age to get used to it (the name). Dad ALWAYS got my name and my brothers mixed up anyway and he's well into his 80's, so I'm not surprised that he may take a while and as I said to Mum, there is no way I'm going to push either of them because I don't feel it fair and I'd be surprised at his age if Dad ever got used to my name.

I feel I can conclude that Mum has accepted my transition. :) :thumbsup:

Anne

Tristen Cox
06-02-2005, 05:20 PM
Excellent:) Very good news. I think my mother really got put off when I mentioned transitioning to her. :rolleyes: Good for you for following through with your dreams :cool:

Rachel_740
06-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Hi Girls,

My doctor has written a referal to the surgeon for me to go and have a consultation with him (the surgeon).

Well, I've just been on the phone to my Mum and spoken to her about the consultation and she is going to come along when I go for it :) . I think it will be too far for Dad to go (it's about a 3 1/2 hour drive each way) and I'm not sure he'd want to anyway but I will give him the opertunity when I see him.

Mum is well into her 70's and Dad is well into his 80's. How much more support can a girl expect in her transition? I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm sooooooooooooooo lucky :) .

I love my Mum and Dad.

Anne

Priscilla1018
06-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi Anne,

You are just full of happiness today,I am so glad for you.It must be wonderful to have dreams come true.You rock sister.

racquel
06-10-2005, 04:25 AM
good luck Anne.Our love to you mom and dad.Sound's like a great family unit. :thumbsup:

Rachel_740
06-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Hi Girls,

I was chatting with Mum and Dad yesterday, breifly asking Mum questions on make-up, which she answered fully without any hesitation.

Later I asked them how they felt about the idea of me being selfish and booking them into a nearby bed and breakfast for the duration of my GRS op, so I could have some company when they felt like coming in, they could do their own thing other times, and there would also be someone on hand to drive me home once I'm discharged from hospital - I won't be able to drive for 3/4 weeks post op (which will probably hurt me more than the op itself). Dad answered yes, they would like to do that, but they woundn't expect me to pay for the accomodation.

I really do consider myself to be the worlds luckiest girl, I have so much support :) . It's almost like I've always been female and my GRS op is 'just a routine operation', like 1000's of people have every day.

Anne