PDA

View Full Version : 10th facial laser session

Steph Butterfield
11-06-2008, 08:49 AM
This afternoon, I had my 10th facial laser hair removal session, at it didn't hurt as much, my skin must be getting acclimatised to it. The heat level is going to be maintained at its current level, and then raised a notch. My face went as red as ever, but began to settle quicker than previously, which is good.

During the session, my clinician and I talked about genital hair removal, and its good to know that she will most likely be doing it when the time comes. I'll discuss that when I see my psychiatrist next.

Stephanie

Jocelyn Quivers
11-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Glad everything went well. I guess I can look foward to the treatment's being not as painful starting around number 10.

Kaitlyn Michele
11-06-2008, 10:35 AM
steph...

what are they telling you about permanence of the hair removal?
especially for genital..

i have lasered my face and after 4 treatments and 2 touchups, i've got about 70% of my dark hair GONE...the rest will not go and i'm going to go to electrolysis...i have a rainbow colored beard to i needed electro anyway!...but doing laser has reduced the need which i'm quite happy about

are u getting genitals done for srs?? if so, make sure you are comfortable that hair will not grow back there...

Steph Butterfield
11-06-2008, 10:49 AM
steph...

what are they telling you about permanence of the hair removal?
especially for genital..

i have lasered my face and after 4 treatments and 2 touchups, i've got about 70% of my dark hair GONE...the rest will not go and i'm going to go to electrolysis...i have a rainbow colored beard to i needed electro anyway!...but doing laser has reduced the need which i'm quite happy about

are u getting genitals done for srs?? if so, make sure you are comfortable that hair will not grow back there...

It is for my GRS yes, but I seriously have no idea when that will be, she reccomends at least 6 months of treatment prior to GRS surgery.

I still have many black hairs on my face after 10 laser treatments, expect to be having facial hair removal for at least another 2/3 years yet.

Stephanie

RavenAndrea
11-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I have undergone 20 hours of electrolysis treatments on my face. I go for one hour once a week. I can't have laser treatments because my beard is white and laser won't work on white hairs. I started on my upper lip (very painful), but it is done. The last four treatments have been on my lower lip and chin. It typically takes three days for the swelling and redness to go away. It's a long process, one that I will be so happy when it's over.

Andrea

Kaitlyn Michele
11-06-2008, 02:48 PM
steph..i'm not a doctor but i dont think that laser is permanent hair removal..

i know in states, the dr's i have seen recommend electrolysis on your genitals (i know-ugh)...or you risk hair coming back in your new body parts..

obviously i only know what i'm told, but that's what i was told..have you been told your laser treatment is permanent?

i hope it is, because i would much prefer laser to electrolysis

Anna the Dub
11-07-2008, 06:40 PM
I tried laser in the past and it just didn't work for me. Had about 12 sessions, and once I stopped all my beard came back as strong as it was before I started. I am now on the electrolysis route, and although painfully slow, it is starting to diminish. I have had about 70 hours on my face so far, and it is about 40% gone, especially around my chin and upper lip. She hasn't touched my jaw or below my chin yet, but she tells me that these areas are relatively easy to clear, it is the chin and upper lip which require treatment after treatment. At the moment, all I can see is years more of electrolysis treatment, and I would prefer to seriously reduce my facial hair before I transition.

Scotty
11-07-2008, 08:05 PM
I talked to the people that do laser/electrolysis and I'm gonig to start electrolisys in later December, rather excited about the prospect of not shaving!! :)
(Only have to shave once a week as it is but it's thick when it comes out, YUCK!)

Liana
11-08-2008, 03:53 AM
I wish i could afford that.. im told it costs like over a thousand just for the face.. which is the one place i want done more then anything.

I hope when the time comes, i can get used to any pain like you did. ^^