PDA

View Full Version : am speaking at my hometown college, HELP

Brandiwvr
11-06-2008, 12:44 PM
:battingeyelashes:have dressed openly parttime in local area and dont have any real hang ups until now. am a buisiness leader and a rolemodel and a crossdresser. wow huh. have been working with my local college "a high class college", for about a year. Alliance group that consist of all GLBT of local area. i read alot but raerely say or post as i was given 2 ears and one mouth, "believe God was sugesting something". i am asking for content and courage.
the first please post on. the second please pray on.
life haqs been real good to me and am still tryin to give back. am 44 M TO F crossdresser, educated and still love my street stock dirt racecar, 2008 king of hill winner. it was a great year in that part of my life too. have a great relationship with GF. have done some drag shows and been told am good enough for the national scene but am real happy in small town nebraska.
raised my kids on my own. both are great adult girls with happy familys. still wonder how i did that. must a been a godincedence.
well a little about me is all am willin to share today, but please do give me some feed back on subject matter as the group is a high intellegence and probably going to be several. yes i will be dressed, Im goin shopin right now.
Bigg Huggs Brandi

JenniferR771
11-06-2008, 01:04 PM
Take questions first--maybe you will never have to give a speech at all. You'll be fine--just be yourself. I wish I had the courage to do what you are doing--bravo!

renee k
11-06-2008, 01:20 PM
hi Brandi,

First off my hat's off to you, I admire your courage. I don't think you'll anything to worry about. Just express your confidence in yourself as you have done here.

Huggs, Renee

kay2
11-06-2008, 08:07 PM
A thought. Try to get across the idea that you are one person - an individual. Be open with them about the way YOU are - that not all CDs are just like you. They are liberal, conservative, straight, gay, married, single. It sounds like you like who you are - let them see that you are not ashamed.

Here is an idea - walk into the room, fully dressed. Introduce yourself, hand out a 3x5 card to each person, and ask them to write anonymously on the card one to three words on the card reflecting what they think about you.

Then, collect the cards, go through some, reading them to the group. Perhaps someone will write gay, or sick, or free spirited. You can calmly respond to these talking points describing the extent to which they do or do not apply to you.

From there you can talk about your history as a CD - and how you relate to it.

Then take any and all questions.

Best of luck, and thank you for the service you are doing.

Brandiwvr
11-06-2008, 11:55 PM
I m not one to stand up just been doing my thing as i see fit. i think mmy nerves will settle down soon. talking does help. not like me to be this nervous, just a chance to be me is all it is. i like the card idea. might do 20 mor so as this will be a big deal in a town of 30,000. and this college is a fine arts college that i have been involved with for 12 years, but publicly out a couple. and i wont go flaunting it as it is only me not some big deal. stop tyypin e4at ice cream start typin. any more good thoughts? please post.
I realize I havent been a poster child but am goin to change that ifin youall let me. i just havent posted since joinin a couple years ago? thanks for my acceptance and will put my big girl panties mon and start typin.

Brandiwvr
11-06-2008, 11:57 PM
wish they would get my pics on with my name. i submitted them a couple days ago. any thoughts?

Brandiwvr
11-07-2008, 12:11 PM
how do i get them to put my pics by my name. submitted them 3 days ago?

tamarav
11-07-2008, 12:20 PM
First of all, welcome to the family!

It sounds to me as if you have more than enough on the ball to handle this without any problems. Just look out over the crowd and pick the best looking person and focus on them. I used to do that, in fact that is how I met my wife of 25 years, but that's another story.

Your pictures may be too big or have wrong content, although I doubt that. Pictures that are posted on your albums are moderated, but that happens pretty fast, usually within minutes due to our diligent moderators. That's a good thing, they are great!

You can post pictures with a post by adding them into the body of the post. Go to the picture forum and read the rules and FAQ about posting, it makes it very simple.

You can't do some things until your post count reaches 10, then more doors like privately messaging other members opens up to you.

Welcome aboard, and I still race my Small Block Chevy powered Fieros whenever I have one running and I have the time. (12.12 et at 131 mph, cannot launch too hard due to weak transaxle)

Anyway, keep posting, answer people's questions and welcome other newbies and your post count will jump.

Your new sis,

Tami

Janetmichelle
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
umm.. You have to change your Avitar in the user CP section. Just up load a picture in the Avitar section. And congrats on working with your community. Hope everything goes well.

Brandiwvr
11-07-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks, might have to take a fast trip down to lewisville texas, mom is doing ok afte3r conjested heart failure again. so if you dont hear from me?

Brandiwvr
11-07-2008, 09:56 PM
post number 11 THANK YOU BIG SISSIS

LaurenS.
11-07-2008, 09:58 PM
Contact NCTE.org for info
Lauren

SANDRA MICHELLE
11-08-2008, 10:40 AM
Welcome Brandi,
I have spoken in public a dozen times, once in front of 10,000 people but never en-femme. I always felt that if you just be yourself you can get over the hurdle of public speaking. Knowing your topic matter by "rote" is a very good way of easing your anxiety, notice how well some politicians speak in public, it's because they have lived it. I once gave a speach about my childhood and my fathers impact as a role model and had no notes prepared, just spoke from the heart and got rave reviews.
I will pray for you to be comfortable and confidant in your presentation, good luck!