PDA

View Full Version : Partially "dressed" public perceptions

Slouchiesox
11-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Hello to all you beautiful people,

I wonder what members think of dressing in feminine garments in public while not trying to pass as female.

I guess I'm a fetish cd from what I've read. No, I don't go around in a leotard, but like to show off my smooth shaved legs in girls' shorts, cute socks and penny loafers or some of my wife's (many) pink sneaks. Does this look stranger to the public than a guy in makeup, heels, the whole 9-yards?

I've seen plenty of cd/tg people in public--maybe I can spot one because of who I am--but never just a 40yo guy with legs like a 20yo chick wearing pink striped socks and glittery Skeckers.

Comments?

Sam44
11-06-2008, 07:09 PM
I'm probably not talking about the same things you are but: I have a beard and don't wear makeup. On walks I often wear a skirt or dress and at almost all other times I have a blouse, breast enhancers, etc. on. So I definitely am not going to pass. I'm just a guy in women's clothes.

Violet
11-06-2008, 07:15 PM
My SO wears a tight Victoria's Secret t-shirt and a bra and breast forms. He rarely shaves, doesn't wear make up, and wears masculine shorts/ pants and shoes. The first time we went out in public, that was how he was dressed. We were in P-Town, at the height of summer, so it wasn't exactly out of place, but several drag queens told him he had nice boobies. Made his day!

Christina Horton
11-06-2008, 07:26 PM
:hugs: I would never Dress without going full out, But that's me. Would I like to, Smetimes I would like to slip on a dress boots and go to the store if not allready fully dressed. I love beeing treated like a woman. That's WHY I DO IT. If your happy not even trying then go for it hun. More power to you dear. Like I said I dresses to get the hole experence Of beening a woman. I love it so much I want to do it all the time. I even am getting rid of my beard , so I don't have to use so much foundation. For me it's all or nothing. If you just want to wear just the clothing do it , just be ready foe pointing snerking gearing laughing e.t.c. The world arnt ready for I man to wear what he like , even if they think it wrong. Keep the fath sister. HUGGS :hugs::canada:

sandra-leigh
11-06-2008, 07:40 PM
I wonder what members think of dressing in feminine garments in public while not trying to pass as female.

These days, I mostly wear women's clothes, including at work. But how obviously "feminine" what I wear is varies. At work it goes up to somewhere around "He's wearing it and he's a guy, so it must be mens, I guess??" But for example these days I don't worry about wearing my lavender tights (like today), since no-one ever looks much at my tights / pantyhose / knee-highs. And some of what I wear at work is decidedly not traditional male colours, but I brazen it through on "plausible deniability" -- it doesn't have puff sleeves for example.

Outside of work, I'll wear outright blouses and forms, including blouses tailored to show off my "bust" to some degree; and I don't worry overmuch about whether my bra is showing through.

I've done the "guy in a skirt" and (less often) "guy in a dress" bit. Been fairly well received on the whole, or (almost as good) have mostly been simply accepted as part of the people-scape as if it wasn't unusual at all. Yes, I've gone out grocery shopping or to Home Depot or to the farmers market (all with my wife!) as "a guy in a skirt": I find skirts to be quite comfortable -- though by the time they get to "mini" I do get a bit uncomfortable wearing them as a guy, with the concern about just how much is visible.

But a notable difference between what I've done and what you have done, is that I'm not into "cute" and not into glitz or glitter or kitchsy or bling. I'm into my mid 40's now, and I guess my mental "female age" is perhaps somewhere in my 30's. I tend towards more "Classic" looks, with a solid dose of "Contemporary", but not "Modern" or "Fad".

(I've tried "Dressing My Age", but the sales clerks say "No, No, No, those are old lady's clothes, those are too old for you!" :heehee: )

obsessedwithpantyhose
11-06-2008, 07:44 PM
HELLO,,im just a guy in womens clothes also....
dont realy give a crap what others think,,they dont have to live my life so screw them :tongueout

jina
11-06-2008, 07:55 PM
If people were comfortable with it,.. for daywear I'd simply enjoy mascara, lipcolor, female jeans and a comfortable top. That would be plenty for me in the real world. Privately (and in certain settings) the whole nine yards would be a lot of fun (read elaborate *red satin dress* at a Christmas party !!! - a definite dream of mine). :)

Amanda_in_MA
11-06-2008, 07:57 PM
I was starting to wonder if I was alone in the “guys in women’s clothes club”. I simply love dressing in anything feminine. Tonight I am sitting here in my forms, god I love these things, a simple stripped blouse, tan slacks and a pair of cute boots. I sometimes wear makeup, but don’t own a wig. I simply feel right dressed this way.

Next week I am off and am planning on spending it working on the house. I know that I’ll spend most, if not all dressed in women’s jeans and bodysuits. I hoping that I have the courage to make at least one trip to the orange box dressed that way. :daydreaming:

scarlett
11-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I guess I'm with you. Today I got my pedicure (Mauve with flower design) while wearing a sleeveless red top (Jennifer Moore activewear), denim capris, white strappy sandals, two earrings in each ear (including 1 1/4 " hoops),and shoulder length hair set in a curly femme style. Also a full beard which my wife insists on. Was treated well by staff and other customers (although who knows what was said in Vietnamese). I kind of like just being me and feminine.

CharleneT
11-06-2008, 10:27 PM
These days... I wear almost nothing but female clothing for my day to day wear. That said, I wear things that are neutral. If you thought about it, you would realize that they are made for females. Most people do not do so. I do not wear dresses etc, just jeans,shorts tops etc. I wear a camisole or tank almost every day, normally visable under whatever top. Have had almost no reactions at all. It is nice for me, very under stated, but gives me a calm that is pleasant. There are some things that I know will cause a person to "spot" that it is feminine. So I'm careful about them. For example, spaghetti strapped cami's and tanks ... I love 'em and wear 'em, but only under another top.

Charlene

Sissy April
11-06-2008, 11:19 PM
I will go shopping in male clothes but wearing high heels. I guess I like the thrill of the girls in the stores knowing I am male but wearing women's high heels. I am very popular in some stores and if I do not wear my heels they are disappointed. I was in a rush and stop in one store without heels and the girl said to me she was disappointed that I was not wearing my sexy heels. That was my first time back in that store in over a year.....she remembered me and my sexy pointy toe high heels....

Nicole Erin
11-07-2008, 12:34 AM
I tend to do the 1/2 en femme thing a lot too. Sometimes fully.

I guess it depends on what you wear that will truely get attention.
I know if you wear pretty woman sandals like I do sometimes, that gets a lot of looks. Or a skirt would draw attention. However, woman shorts, cute socks, loafers, I doubt anyone would notice.

Heck I wear tan pantyhose a lot with my shorts and I don't know if anyone has ever noticed...

L

sandra-leigh
11-07-2008, 01:37 AM
I guess it depends on what you wear that will truely get attention.
[...]Or a skirt would draw attention.

The below is with respect to wearing female clothes while still visibly male:

When I wear a "plain" skirt that is below half-way to the knee, remarkably few people appear to pay any attention -- not even snickers after I've gone by. "Plain" for this purpose is a skirt that is pretty much a solid colour and which does not have a puff or distinct frill or special cut (e.g., not angled). For example, a jean skirt, or a corduroy skirt, or a wool-type skirt. I do have a longer denim skirt that has some small embroidered roses, and most people don't notice that either.

What do they notice? A thinner denim mini for one -- that got me some scowls when I wore that while standing up in a busy city bus, but a barely-longer jeans-look denim mini hasn't attracted attention. A light (thinner) yellow skirt with a bit of a pattern stitched into it -- though that one got me compliments, not scowls.

I gather, indirectly, that I am not difficult to read even when I'm fully Dressed, wig and makeup and all. I gather that from the number of people who, never having seen me Dressed before, have recognized me from a brief look from 30+ feet away in rooms with their lights turned down. Oh yeah, and I gather it from the number of cab drivers who have immediately called me "Sir". (Now it is true that a fair number of them might have met me before, but even ones I've never seen before...) But when I am out fully Dressed, most people don't even focus their eyes on me: whatever it is that they are seeing, when I'm Dressed, I mostly float in under the radar as being nothing to pay attention to.

You may have read about how frog's eyes can't even see something staying still, but can nearly instantly pick out and track down something that is "moving like a bug"? It's much like that for me when I'm fully Dressed, even if I'm wearing something a bit unusual like a green dress: people's automatic visual processors just don't pick up on me as being "interesting" to be focused on long enough to be classified. People mostly just see what they expect to see.

And just so, if I'm wearing a plain skirt as a guy, most people just don't pick up on the fact at all, and most of the rest just dismiss it immediately after noticing. And of those who do react more, the ones who smile or tell me (apparently sincerely) that they like my skirt outnumber the put-downs by at least 50 to 1.

Debbie47
11-07-2008, 02:25 AM
I always have on womens clothing in public but I am more discreet than I used to be. I will have on either womens jeans or a shirt of some kind. I always wear womens shoes and I get noticed at times because of the higher heels even though they are a chunky style.

karynspanties
11-07-2008, 06:18 AM
I do this more in "stealth mode". I will wear womens jeans, kind of plain and womens tennis shoes, again kind of plain. Most poeple would not notice the differance, but I know and that's good enough for me.

Lawren
11-07-2008, 07:37 AM
I thought I was the only "guy in fem clothes"! Not really, but I am definitely in the club. As I stated in one of the Halloween threads, I went out dressed from the waste up recently and had no problems at all. I love to wear silk or silk-like blouses over camis and dangling earrings. I just can't seem to get passed the terror of going out all dolled up. I also have a bit of a problem with shaving. My wife doesn't want me to and I'm too lazy to shave from eyebrows to toenails anyway. LOL.

Deanna2
11-07-2008, 07:03 PM
I often wear femme tracksuit pants in public. No one seems to have noticed.

suzy
11-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Sometime I enjoy wearing feminine attire; like maybe shorts, or jeans with a feminine top and cute pink sneakers, while not wearing make up or breast forms. It is sort of like I just want to feel like a feminine man, but I will only do it when I'm sure no one who knows me will see me, like during a holiday. Driving across the country dressed like that is a rush. But I also enjoy dressing in short shorts, or Mini, with breast forms and makeup with a wig while heading out on holiday and stopping at restaurants or hotels. Life is fun!:heehee:

Rachel Morley
11-07-2008, 09:08 PM
I wear women's clothes all the time, including underwear, ... even at work. However the level of "femme-ness"depends on where I am and what I feel like. At work, my t-shirts are more fitted and the sleeves are shorter and the colors are kinda neutral. My pants are women's dockers or women's jeans. I don't wear makeup at work.

Outside of work, I push the envelope more. I don't wear skirts or dresses in "girly-boy mode" but I do openly wear obvious women's clothes as a guy. Typically, I wear a bra and panties, girl's fitted jeans, pink and white tennis shoes, fitted slightly scooped necked t-shirts in more feminine colors, women's high buttoning classic style cardigans and a baseball cap. I also wear eyeliner, mascara, perfume, medium sized gold studs in my ears, a heart necklace, a woman's gold bracelet watch, and I paint my nails. Yes, people do look me up and down, sometimes smile, sometimes just stare, but I have never had any problems presenting like this once I got over being shy about people knowing I was a boy wearing girl's clothes. :D

robynbhlr
11-07-2008, 09:38 PM
I go in UBER-Stealth mode. Male clothes on the outside, cami and panties underneath. Not always, just when the mood takes me.

pantyhosemelb
11-08-2008, 01:12 AM
I often wear pantyhose with women's shorts in public, sometimes a touch of make up, but I certainly look like a man. That is they way I like to be seen.

Paulacder
11-08-2008, 01:28 AM
There have ben a few post on the forum about under dressing, I guess this fits the catagory. Underdressing is my favorite pass time. Always in hose, lady's jeans, bra,light day time make up, with jewelry. Lets do it again Debbie...

Sammy777
11-08-2008, 05:09 AM
Hello to all you beautiful people,

I guess I'm a fetish cd from what I've read. No, I don't go around in a leotard, but like to show off my smooth shaved legs in girls' shorts, cute socks and penny loafers or some of my wife's (many) pink sneaks. Does this look stranger to the public than a guy in makeup, heels, the whole 9-yards?

The two terms that can generally describe this besides "man in a skirt"
are Gender Bender (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_bender) & Genderf*ck.
Use the link at the bottom of Gender Bender for Genderf*ck.

Both refer more to the act of doing it rather then the person who is doing it.

I personally don't think I could do it myself.
Wearing jeans, top, ect. that are neutral is one thing.
I think I would actually be more comfortable & less afraid going out fully dressed then going out wearing a skirt or dress with a goat-T or Beard. But that's just me.
Now if the world was a little different, sure, no problem, sign me up.

lil red
11-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Just do the underdress thing with one minor give away, my nails are painted (usually very brightly) 24/7. The kids love it and even the guys I work with check every Monday to see what the color of the week is.:D

Annie D
11-08-2008, 09:42 AM
I shop 4 or 5 days a week and wear whatever the weather will permit. This week I have gone from a denim skirt, to walking shorts, to exercise pants, to jeans along with open toed sandals or slip on tennis shoes. I always wear a feminine top with light make up and hoop or drop earrings.

I do not wear a wig but a scarf tied behind my head. There has be no one who has mistaken me for a woman but they do recognize that I am feminine and a crossdresser.

Those who see me have not said anything but an occasional good morning, which I usually initiate. They may or may not try to guess my sexual preference but I really don't care. At the checkout, I chat with the cashiers about wife and kids, how is their day and what they may have planned for the rest of it.

The more that I am out the more relaxed I am. I am not out at work but I have come to terms with who I am and will be better able to deal with be confronted or asked about my mode of dress.