PDA

View Full Version : GG tastes vs. CD tastes - Ha !

jina
11-06-2008, 08:13 PM
This should raise some interesting comments. The thing that got me thinking about this is that I replied to a thread and mentioned that a dream of all dreams for me with CDing would be to wear an elaborate Red Satin Dress (and heels, hair, makeup) to a beautiful elegant Christmas party (the kind they have at hotels with the lights low, 1000 people dressed nice... a banquet I suppose).

It got me thinking,... how many GG's would even be interested in that presentation (I know some would, but I couldn't begin to guess a percentage).

I have noticed that since I came out about this a couple of years ago to my wife that she does up femininity a bit more. I don't think it's competitive,.. I just think my situation has given her cause to appreciate the upside of it more. She was raised in a feminist bra burning environment growing up (not that she went along),.. but i think it's a bit of a renaissance for her as well.

Anyway, just curious about the possible contrasts in attitude on this subject.

Angie G
11-06-2008, 09:16 PM
My wife would love it as would I.:hugs:
Angie

Nicki B
11-06-2008, 09:57 PM
A month or so ago, I went (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=92&pictureid=4595) to The Magic Theatre (http://www.magic-theatre.co.uk/) in Bloomsbury Square - it's organised by a couple of genetic girls, and there were a large number of boys and girls, both cis and trans, in attendance.. :)

"Mary"
11-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I think you're on to something here. How many threads lament the pervasive "Jeans" state of casual fashion for women?

I wish, more women were dressed up more often in more places, too.

(Casual vs. formal, not come-as-you-are). It's nice to do it up when we feel like it, but I have to wonder how many of us would dress for breakfast like Beaver's mom or do housework in heels and pearls like Doris Day?

justmetoo
11-06-2008, 10:40 PM
I wish, more women were dressed up more often in more places, too.

Not to pick on you, Diana, but I wonder how many guys who say things like this would want to dress up in male suits and ties and such more often in more places, too... :tongueout

I know I wouldn't! But I would like to dress up in other ways more often (and not just women's clothing, but men's fashions from other times and places - I really believe the last 50 to 100 years in the West have been one of the most boring times for men's fashions ever! How did things ever get so stuffy and drab? :sad: In nature it seems the males are often the flashier more colorful members of many species. :straightface:)

I say, to each their own. I won't quibble with women who prefer trousers over skirts and dresses (just let them return the courtesy). :D

I mean, what the frock! What's wrong with wanting to wear a skirt or dress or maekup or whatever? Millions of people do it every day and no one makes them feel like freaks. By the same token I feel we should respect others' clothing choices, too. :2c:

ElaineB
11-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Not to pick on you, Diana, but I wonder how many guys who say things like this would want to dress up in male suits and ties and such more often in more places, too... :tongueout

Me!

Trista
11-06-2008, 11:05 PM
When I was married to my ex husband I stopped caring about getting all dressed up. 12 years of his jealousy and asking the question every time I put on makeup...."So who are you going to see?"

Feeling trapped, yea I just stopped dressing up and went plain. Jeans. sweats, T-shits etc.,etc.

Since I have met my SO things have started to change for the better for me. And since she told me she was a CD buying clothes has become much more fun and exciting. We see the same outfits and say "OK you get the outfit and I get to borrow it." Works out very well. I love to get all dressed up and go out and I am taking more pride in me. Let's face it, no matter who you are getting all pretty and made up just makes you feel good.

Ever since we met my SO has made me feel very good about myself and I feel very loved. When she told me about CDing, it did not bother me at all and it made me discover more things about me I like and more things I love about her. :c9:

Karren H
11-06-2008, 11:08 PM

Hey I dress up in a suit and tie every day!!! for work and I don't have too... Just like to and I have an image to maintain!! hahaha

Bethany_Anne_Fae
11-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Ever since we met my SO has made me feel very good about myself and I feel very loved. When she told me about CDing, it did not bother me at all and it made me discover more things about me I like and more things I love about her. :c9:

and you know what? That is simply great! You SHOULD feel good about yourself cause you deserve it!

As a guy... I hate getting done up in a tux/finery so I can see where the GG might not like it as much as we guys like seeing it ;)

*hugs*

Zarabeth

DemonicDaughter
11-07-2008, 12:45 AM
What about they just feel more themselves in that kind of clothing?

People on here have bitched about who dresses like what, meanwhile everyone says "hey, its just clothes!" And it is. Perhaps that is how those women choose to express themselves. Perhaps they like dressing like that because its comfortable, because they feel more natural or just because they can.

You'd love to see women in more formal wear, I'd love to see every cder in gothic attire. :D

haapykat
11-07-2008, 01:50 AM
I think it had my me personally more intereste din clothing since he came out I shop more and love doing so. Yes we have casual clothing almost all the time but I am a GG and love to put on " Party clothes and makeup" and I know Sabrina does so hmm as a GG it has gotten me to dress more and better and as an aside the outfit you described would be heavenly form my POV:2c:

sometimes_miss
11-07-2008, 04:08 AM
Women do tend to enjoy getting dressed up realllllly over the top, they love looking incredibly beautiful just as much as we do. They just don't want to do it every day. We all know how much work it is, and how much time it consumes. Not to mention, they don't want to have to walk around in the heels, especially if they are wearing 'something that's pretty' but doesn't quite fit; they do that all too often; I used to be guilty of it as well.

rachel_rachel
11-07-2008, 04:16 AM
This week in Melbourne it's the "party" time of the year..... Spring racing carnival.

The Melbourne cup carnival that goes for 4 days is the biggest of the lot, Derby day on the Saturday, Cup day on the Tuesday, Oaks (ladies) day on the Thursday & ending with Stakes day on the Saturday. It's a chance for everyone who loves the racing (and some that don't) to dress to the nines and have fun. The fashions that are on display for these 4 days is sensational, and the hats as well. A very glamrous time of year here.

battybattybats
11-07-2008, 07:48 AM
You'd love to see women in more formal wear, I'd love to see every cder in gothic attire. :D

I concur! Having always been a small-town goth I've never had the opportunity to go to a Goth club etc. The closest I've been to a mass gathering of Goths was University based Vampire the Masquerade live roleplaying which involved a bunch of folk wearing mostly slightly black trending clothes sitting around talking imaginary politics. It may as well have been a business meeting and certainly wasn't very gothic.

So reading your post gave me a mental image of small army of both MtF and FtM folk in serious goth gear from the romantic-goths to the cybers and everyone in between pouring en masse through the pictueresque streets of my home town.

That I must say would be seriously cool.

TGMarla
11-07-2008, 08:17 AM
It goes both ways. Women have every right to complain that men rarely dress to the nines, too. Most women, given the opportunity, will enjoy getting all dolled up. But the way the world is right now, with both spouses working all week, and a pervasive casual fashion trend, the opportunities to dress up like that are rare. Even company Christmas parties have become somewhat casual, depending on the setting and the company. I've been to both fancy parties and casual ones, and I enjoyed the fancy ones more for the clothing (of course!) and dancing, the casual ones more for the fun and commeraderie. My wife wore a very fancy velvet dress (that won't fit her anymore!) and I wore a very sharp suit. As a guy, I like putting on the ritz, but I still wish it were me that got to wear those succulent dresses!

joann426
11-07-2008, 08:34 AM
ill go along with tg marla that the world is just dresses casual

Beckster
11-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm all about girly-girls and would be happier if the ladies got dolled up more often... of course, I probably wouldn't appreciate girly-girls as much if I were surrounded by them all the time.

DemonicDaughter
11-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I'm all about girly-girls and would be happier if the ladies got dolled up more often... of course, I probably wouldn't appreciate girly-girls as much if I were surrounded by them all the time.

Thus why so many women appreciate a well groomed man. :)