PDA

View Full Version : A GREAT interaction

Edwina
11-07-2008, 06:45 AM
I have been wanting to go out again but, after my experience at the supermarket, I had rather lost my nerve.
My old amplifier was badly in need of attention and I had taken it to a small family electronics repair shop. When Margaret (Mrs X who controls all the book work and the cash) phoned last Friday to say it was ready for collection I was dressed as you see in the photo. I was on the point of changing into drab when Edwina said “why not go as I am?” Why not indeed, here was a perfect opportunity. I touched up my lipstick, grabbed my purse and headed for the door before I could change my mind again. :) Walking from the front door to the car no longer terrifies me and I was soon on my way.

The entrance to the shop is at the end of a wide driveway and I parked just outside the door. Margaret’s desk faces the door which is always open so I was able to see the smile spreading over her face as I approached. When I said I had come for my amplifier her expression changed to one of puzzlement for a few moments until the penny dropped and the smile re-appeared. I knew she had seen right through me but she hadn’t recognised me as one of her customers! She was most friendly and said she would carry the amp to the car for me. I felt a little funny about this and demurred but she insisted so I thanked her and out we went. I am sure she wanted an excuse to get out from behind the desk and get a better look at me.  She kept telling me that I looked good and I should keep doing what I wanted to do as “you only live once” :)

Later on I phoned her to thank her for her friendly reception and, out of curiosity, to ask what gave me away. She said that there was nothing specific but that one could always tell. So much for any delusions I may have had about passing. :D

All in all for me it was a wonderful experience interacting with a most accepting lady and it was FUN.

:love:

Edwina

Teri Jean
11-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Edwina, it is great that you were able to get out and have such a wonderful experience with the gal at the store. There are really sweet people out there that for what ever their reasoning is they can be accepting and supportive. You may have a new friend there. It is nice that you called her back. Go girl. Keli

sissystephanie
11-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Edwina, if I looked half as good as you do I would be dressed 24/7! As it is, since my late wife is no longer around to fix my wig and do my makeup, I just dress but look like a man. Still get accepted everywhere, and even have SA's calling me to tell about new clothing, lingerie, or makeup items that have come into their store.

Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Sarah cd
11-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Well Edwina you are very lucky to of had this expirence. Do you think in may have been your voice that gave it away. I say this becuse as for myself i can dress as a female but i can not speak like one SHAME